Post-Game Talk: Rangers have life(short Lived) as B's fall 4-3

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Worst game I ever saw Chara play. Boy looks tired, slow and out of it mentally. For starters, sit him on the PP. He sucks on the PP anyway, and that would at least get him a few minutes of rest here or there. When Seids returns, Chara's minutes must be cut back.

Hoping Tuuka shows the mental toughness to come up big on Saturday. He sure looked shaky, and the doubts inevitably creep in, considering his past playoff performances, including Providence.

Way too many Bruins not moving their legs last night. Way too much panzy stick checking when they should be body checking. The Rangers were certainly better at finishing their checks, especially later in the game.

All that said, I find it curious that the Sens are down 3-1 and the general consensus is that they're toast, Chicago's down 3-1 and the general consensus is that they're as good as done, Bostons UP 3-1 and the general consensus is that they'll be lucky to advance! :laugh:

Finish your checks and finish the series on Saturday! :yo:

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Worst game I ever saw Chara play. Boy looks tired, slow and out of it mentally. For starters, sit him on the PP. He sucks on the PP anyway, and that would at least get him a few minutes of rest here or there. When Seids returns, Chara's minutes must be cut back.

Hoping Tuuka shows the mental toughness to come up big on Saturday. He sure looked shaky, and the doubts inevitably creep in, considering his past playoff performances, including Providence.

Way too many Bruins not moving their legs last night. Way too much panzy stick checking when they should be body checking. The Rangers were certainly better at finishing their checks, especially later in the game.

All that said, I find it curious that the Sens are down 3-1 and the general consensus is that they're toast, Chicago's down 3-1 and the general consensus is that they're as good as done, Bostons UP 3-1 and the general consensus is that they'll be lucky to advance! :laugh:

Finish your checks and finish the series on Saturday! :yo:

I think even if Seids doesn't come back, you have to cut Chara's PT. He had 31:52 TOI last night. Way, way too much. It's clear he's running out of gas and not nearly effective as he should be. And, honestly, there's no good reason why Krug is only playing 15 minutes a game. I'm not saying throw the kid out there for 35 minutes a game, but why not give Chara's extra minutes directly to Krug. Get Chara down to around 24 or 25 and bump Krug up to 21 or 22.

To me, Krug looked like the best Bs player on the ice last night.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Is anyone else listening to that idiot Felger. My god its like we lost the series. He calling the team chokers? Rangers scored 2 lucky goals, were totally outplayed. You are going to lose games sometimes like this it happens.

Damn he is a idiot

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Is anyone else listening to that idiot Felger. My god its like we lost the series. He calling the team chokers? Rangers scored 2 lucky goals, were totally outplayed. You are going to lose games sometimes like this it happens.

Damn he is a idiot

Not so different from some of what I'm reading on here tbh :laugh:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Ryan Whitney ‏@ryanwhitney6 30s
Bruins fans.... If someone told you they would be up 3-1 after game 4 before the series started you all would have been thrilled...calm down

Wise words from a Bruins fan who is also a traffic cone.

I don't believe in that kinda crap. If the Rangers won game one and we won the next three, yeah great. It's how you got to that point.

When you are up 2-0, vs a dead team then blow it with mental gaffes..including an infamous too many men to have then tie it that's a lot different...

Bruins will win the series in 6 IMO, but it's funny with this teams history from 2010 and last round that people get so bent out of shape when they express any type of concern.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA

Damn he is a idiot

I know, it's like he's trying to get people to start lining up on the Tobin with a 3-1 lead, and ya I get our bad track record with series leads. It's as if he's writing the teams obituary when they are actually in really good position. Oh one thing to, how was Brassard dropping both gloves to fight Marchand not a penalty? The only reason I am down on this game is because it was so winnable, but we outplayed them and should end it tomorrow if we bring the same effort, although Felger already has me convinced they're not gonna show up.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
It over tomorrow, no way Rangers get those crap goals again. I saw nothing in the Rangers that worries me at all. Tuukka will be stellar tomorrow, maybe even a shutout.

This. Plus he won't have to worry about playing on that **** ice at MSG so hopefully that will cut down on the chances of falling down:laugh:.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I don't believe in that kinda crap. If the Rangers won game one and we won the next three, yeah great. It's how you got to that point.

When you are up 2-0, vs a dead team then blow it with mental gaffes..including an infamous too many men to have then tie it that's a lot different...

Bruins will win the series in 6 IMO, but it's funny with this teams history from 2010 and last round that people get so bent out of shape when they express any type of concern.

Sure there is some concern based off this teams past performances but some people are acting like they lost 3 games last night and tomorrow is game 7. In the back of my mind I know there is the possibility of it happening again but I won't be worried unless they look like complete **** tomorrow night.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
When Krug scored to make it 2-0 about halfway through the 2nd period the Rangers only had 6 shots on goal to that point in the game.

They were dead in the water and the Bruins let them back in. It was very frustrating to see the type of goals that Tuukka gave up last night.

Now there will be no rest (assuming the Bruins manage to win Game 5) because Pittsburgh is probably going to beat Ottawa tonight.

JuicyJ*

How does Michael Felger have a job? Tortorella benched Richards, who's done absolutely nothing, and he's trying to bash him over it? After a win? You could take the average poster from this forum and they'd be 10x more informative and 100x less douchey. I've never heard someone say almost everything wrong then just yell and ramble to try and back his garbage up

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
When Krug scored to make it 2-0 about halfway through the 2nd period the Rangers only had 6 shots on goal to that point in the game.

They were dead in the water and the Bruins let them back in. It was very frustrating to see the type of goals that Tuukka gave up last night.

Now there will be no rest (assuming the Bruins manage to win Game 5) because Pittsburgh is probably going to beat Ottawa tonight.

We still need the West to finish before the ECF can start.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009

Thats hockey sometimes, you outplay a team and end up losing. I was not happy with the first goal either, but do you think he will let that happen again?

Like I said earlier, the Rangers showed me nothing all series.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
How does Michael Felger have a job? Tortorella benched Richards, who's done absolutely nothing, and he's trying to bash him over it? After a win? You could take the average poster from this forum and they'd be 10x more informative and 100x less douchey. I've never heard someone say almost everything wrong then just yell and ramble to try and back his garbage up

I know i am listening to him and he drives me nuts. He just wants to argue about anything and everything. He sounds like a jackA$$

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Thats hockey sometimes, you outplay a team and end up losing. I was not happy with the first goal either, but do you think he will let that happen again?

Like I said earlier, the Rangers showed me nothing all series.

The Bruins should win. They don't have the injury issues that they had in 2010.

But Lundqvist can be ridiculous to the point that it could come down to one bounce either way.

JuicyJ*

I'd be so happy if they could gets Torts on an interview. I think he'd make Felger cry

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I'd be so happy if they could gets Torts on an interview. I think he'd make Felger cry

I hope it doesn't happen because it would mean that we lost the series. Bruins need to man up. They are capable of beating this Rangers team. They will be in their home arena to boot. Let's go Bruins in 5!!

PS I totally agree that Chara needs more rest. He made a crucial blunder during the game that he usually doesn't make when not overworked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad