Post-Game Talk: Rangers have life(short Lived) as B's fall 4-3

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i can act like an adult and live a normal life when the men in the colored shirts that i was hoping would win, don't.

it boggles my mind to see people 40+ who act like children when their sports team loses. i've been a sports fanatic since i was old enough to remember but i never delved into having temper tantrums when my team lost.

that's normal to me. someone who can watch the game, enjoy it, and not have his moods and nights decided by a group of people who don't give a **** about me.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
i can act like an adult and live a normal life when the men in the colored shirts that i was hoping would win, don't.

it boggles my mind to see people 40+ who act like children when their sports team loses. i've been a sports fanatic since i was old enough to remember but i never delved into having temper tantrums when my team lost.

that's normal to me. someone who can watch the game, enjoy it, and not have his moods and nights decided by a group of people who don't give a **** about me.

Good answer.

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
As a team, the Bruins did next to nothing to lose that game last night. Chara made a mistake you never see him make, and Rask slipped. Two things you have never seen either player do in a Bruins uniform.

The Rangers did next to nothing to win that game, including getting killed in OT until their only real chance. So it's disappointing the Rangers actually won, but that's all it is. If you take aside the fact a Bruins team lost a 3-0 lead a few years ago to a different opponent, there's nothing in these last 4 games that would lead anyone to think the Rangers could win the next 3.

People need to stop being such pu$$ies about this. And Felger is just wrong (though I'm sure he's just doing this to get some calls).

I agree the Rangers did far less to win this game than the Bruins did to lose it.

But Chara is not the most adept puck handler. He whiffs passes, loses the puck on off the back of his blade, and generally can't handle the puck very well when it's in his feet. His stick length even though commensurate with his height, is what gives him problems.

He also gets fatigued which could be related to his size. Combine the two (size and fatigue) and he errs in almost every game he plays (that I've watched). It's a small trade off when he's stapling large (and small) players against the boards that are normally used to wheeling into the dot.

I watched nearly ever game Ray Bourque played for the Bruins and during his Norris Trophy years you'd have to watch 4 games before you even saw him make a single "mistake". Two different players two different assets.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree the Rangers did far less to win this game than the Bruins did to lose it.

But Chara is not the most adept puck handler. He whiffs passes, loses the puck on off the back of his blade, and generally can't handle the puck very well when it's in his feet. His stick length even though commensurate with his height, is what gives him problems.

He also gets fatigued which could be related to his size. Combine the two (size and fatigue) and he errs in almost every game he plays (that I've watched). It's a small trade off when he's stapling large (and small) players against the boards that are normally used to wheeling into the dot.

I watched nearly ever game Ray Bourque played for the Bruins and during his Norris Trophy years you'd have to watch 4 games before you even saw him make a single "mistake". Two different players two different assets.

Agreed

Z has never, nor should ever be compared to RB, Bourque was a completely different D-man. For the amount of time Z is on the ice, his lack of mobility like Bourque had, his mistakes are pretty limited when you consider that virtually EVERY puck is dumped into his corner.

It didn`t take long for opponents to figure out when teams played the Bruins that to dump and chase the puck into the corner of Bourque was useless, as his turn/retrieve skills were sublime and he`d win that race without breaking a sweat then make you look foolish rushing the puck up ice.

Doesn`t mean teams didn`t dump the puck into RB`s corner, but it wasn`t anywhere near what teams try to do to Z

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Agreed

Z has never, nor should ever be compared to RB, Bourque was a completely different D-man. For the amount of time Z is on the ice, his lack of mobility like Bourque had, his mistakes are pretty limited when you consider that virtually EVERY puck is dumped into his corner.

It didn`t take long for opponents to figure out when teams played the Bruins that to dump and chase the puck into the corner of Bourque was useless, as his turn/retrieve skills were sublime and he`d win that race without breaking a sweat then make you look foolish rushing the puck up ice.

Doesn`t mean teams didn`t dump the puck into RB`s corner, but it wasn`t anywhere near what teams try to do to Z

For a consensus top level defensive defenseman (which Chara is) he is more prone to real gaffes for the same reason he is so good: his size. He can reach so far with his huge wingspan that he can get beat clean and still knock the puck away from behind. Its like half of the defensive zone is in his radius, a huge advantage on the PK. But it also makes it hard for him to protect the puck when he has it. He can't keep the puck close to his body. More and more often (as he slows down with age) pucks end up on (or in) his own net because he inadvertently deflects them. The plusses still outweigh the minuses by a lot, though. But lets not compare Chara to Bourque. That's really not fair.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada

While it's true that you as an individual are faceless to them, it's not true that the average athlete doesn't care about his fan base. Where I live the players do a TON in the community, and not just for some image thing. They often do it with zero recognition, and make fairly large donations that are only discovered years later. They often care a lot about the city and the fans. I promise you Ference cares about the fans and people of Boston, for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad