Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ flyers

3 Stars lol

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
At least Carolina and Columbus lose tonight so no ground lost. They are simply going to plug McKegg into the lineup on Sunday so there won’t be Kravtsov just yet.

Gauthier-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Fast
DiGuiseppe-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-McKegg-Howden

D stays the same

The King

That 1st line might be the worst the Rangers have played all season.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That’s a typical Strome game he just didn’t manage the random assist and goal late.

you gotta play hank Sunday. It’s a must win. We always needed a split this weekend. We actually caught a break with Columbus and Carolina losing

but overcoming Shesterkin going down was going to be hard enough losing Kreider and watching quinn force square pegs into round holes the rest of the way to compensate for losing him is a disaster

watching Lemieux on the pp is a joke when you’ve got a Gauthier sitting there

"A Gauthier"?

Are we now calling a player with no goals in his career a stud? He might become good, but geez.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Raise your hand if you thought before the season that Howden would be a better offensive player than Kakko.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
"A Gauthier"?

Are we now calling a player with no goals in his career a stud? He might become good, but geez.

Im sorry what exactly are you saying here? Gauthier is a first rounder built like Kreider and lit up the A he’s def a better option than Lemieux I mean why are you implying I called him a star or something he’s a kid

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The change in venue should be huge. Wish we had better success at home this year, but at least we get out of that hell hole in Philly. That guy Hart is unbeatable there. He's now 18-2-2 there. Insane. Most likely we won't face him Sunday. He is 3-10 on the road. No Philly's road goalie is Brian Elliot. He's 11-5 on the road. But is GAA and Save % is not nearly as daunting as Hart's home stats. 3.10 and .894.

This is our game to win or lose. There are no excuses. Plus Hank will most certainly have something to prove.

I hear a lot of talk of ,.. if we don't win or make the playoffs, I'm proud of our boys. I don't agree totally. If they fold like a cheap suit, what was the point? What did they learn? No,... they need to have a good month, put in a solid effort and win their share of games even if they don't make the postseason. With 18 games remaining, they most likely will need 13 wins for a playoff spot. That's a tough hill to climb. So if they fall short with only 10 or 11 wins, well then you have to give them an A for effort. They gave it everything they had,.. when it counted most. I would be happy with that. Plus it will make the group a bit hungrier next year.

Let me say that even 6 weeks ago I was saying often that all I was hoping for was for the Rangers to hang around the playoff periphery and maybe play some important March hockey games.

I thought it would be fantastic experience for the kiddies and even for some veterans on the team who haven’t played in “playoff type feel” games in a long time. It would help tremendously in the development of the team so that when we actually became a playoff team which I felt as if the rebuild trajectory pointed towards next year, the kids especially would be much more prepared for what was to come.

Well a funny thing has happened...the team has played a lot better than anticipated and has gotten itself more than on the periphery of the playoffs but in fact firmly in the hunt with a fairly decent shot which is amazing just in itself.

So yeah I’m one of those who has said repeatedly whatever we do going forward is “gravy” and part of the “bonus plan”. And if that means we don’t get a playoff spot, I’m more than OK with that seeing we’ll be accomplishing the goal I at least hoped for which was play important March games.

Whether or not we win the majority of the final 18 games is neither here nor there at this point. This season has been a wild success no matter what happens rest of the way.

The way this teams season has gone I doubt very very much we are going to collapse which from the sounds of it means they win just 4-5 games the rest of the way. Even if that did occur which is very unlikely, yes the season would still be a wild success IMO.

That said, I’m thinking we likely will go .500 rest of the way without Kreider and miss out as his loss will be too much too bear.

But who knows with this team as they are a very resilient bunch and maybe they prove me wrong again and figure out a way to get in to the dance. I have never wanted to be wrong more...lol

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Raise your hand if you thought before the season that Howden would be a better offensive player than Kakko.

Only like 3 people went with Fox over Kakko in the "Best rookie campaign" poll, so I'm gonna guess zero.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Columbus and Carolina both lost , so we are still in the same place we were before the loss to Phi.That game was the perfect storm for what happened, the team spent a ton of energy to comeback against MTL in a road game.Traveled to Phi to play a good rested team , and they lost Krieds which I honestly think shocked the team.He for all intents and purposes is their Captain even if he is not wearing the C , yet .Now that they have time to rest , they can tinker their game knowing Kreids will not be there plus they are looking at the standings knowing they still have something to play for.I love this team I still have faith they sneak into the POs.Mika and Panarin turn it up another gear and Kreids comes back in time for the 1st rnd.LGR !!!!!!

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Im sorry what exactly are you saying here? Gauthier is a first rounder built like Kreider and lit up the A he’s def a better option than Lemieux I mean why are you implying I called him a star or something he’s a kid

Because you called him "a Gauthier" which implies he is something special. Can a guy score 1 goal before he becomes a given as a an easy choice for the powerplay?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It implies he’s a big offensive winger on our actual team. I didn’t imply he was Mario Lemieux

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Columbus and Carolina both lost , so we are still in the same place we were before the loss to Phi.That game was the perfect storm for what happened, the team spent a ton of energy to comeback against MTL in a road game.Traveled to Phi to play a good rested team , and they lost Krieds which I honestly think shocked the team.He for all intents and purposes is their Captain even if he is not wearing the C , yet .Now that they have time to rest , they can tinker their game knowing Kreids will not be there plus they are looking at the standings knowing they still have something to play for.I love this team I still have faith they sneak into the POs.Mika and Panarin turn it up another gear and Kreids comes back in time for the 1st rnd.LGR !!!!!!

Love the optimism and tho I don’t currently feel they’ll make it to the playoffs and will likely fall just short, that doesn’t mean I feel that peeps like you are nuts or in Lala land as obviously they have a shot seeing their just 2-4 points out depending upon how things play out this weekend.

In the meantime I’ll hope like hell I’ll be wrong and the boys will somehow get into the dance despite missing 2 of their 5 most important pieces in Igor and Kreider.

Reactions: Brother Mouzone

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
can’t teach you to read so not sure how to answer without retyping the whole message. Some referred to the game as “embarrassing” and ridiculed the team. Somehow you took “open your eyes” personally whereas the message was clearly directed elsewhere. Nice work.

My bad then. I did think that was directed at me. I'm very realistic about this team and it's chances and I find it so annoying when people get so dramatic after a loss or a bad play considering how young this team is and where they are in the rebuild. I'm ecstatic that they are playing well and will be playing meaningful games in March but with the loss of Kreider and Shesty it's going to be really tough to make the playoffs.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
My bad then. I did think that was directed at me. I'm very realistic about this team and it's chances and I find it so annoying when people get so dramatic after a loss or a bad play considering how young this team is and where they are in the rebuild. I'm ecstatic that they are playing well and will be playing meaningful games in March but with the loss of Kreider and Shesty it's going to be really tough to make the playoffs.

we’re good!!

agree, people were so dramatic after a loss, first in 10 road games and they had to travel after a game vs. Montreal while the Flyers were already home and rested.

They’re playing hard, growing, learning and we should be happy. Trashing them was off the charts IMO.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It implies he’s a big offensive winger on our actual team. I didn’t imply he was Mario Lemieux

Gauthier has shown he can score goals in the AHL. So has Lettieri.

Gauthier might become something but the Rangers got him for pretty little, so certainly Carolina didn't envision him as a future important offensive NHL player.

I never said you compared him to Mario Lemieux. I said that assuming he's a no-brainer over Lemieux, at least so far, without any evidence, seems an odd conclusion to come to, today.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Oh no boys. The Flyer fans are pulling quotes from the post game thread last night to bring to their board as humor. LOL. Also, AV apparently deserves Jack Adams consideration, top-3, despite them being a sub. 500 team on the road with a veteran group. Quinn deserve recognition over him if the Rangers ever get in. Give me a break.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
More goals with far worse line placements and Kappo is averaging 2:19 a game on the power play. Howden is averaging 16 seconds a game on the power play.
Oh okay, so just an absolutely bullshit narrative and not actually about play or production

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Oh no boys. The Flyer fans are pulling quotes from the post game thread last night to bring to their board as humor. LOL. Also, AV apparently deserves Jack Adams consideration, top-3, despite them being a sub. 500 team on the road with a veteran group. Quinn deserve recognition over him if the Rangers ever get in. Give me a break.

Oh the AV love will turn into flat out hatred real quick.

They have no idea what they're in for.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Oh the AV love will turn into flat out hatred real quick.

They have no idea what they're in for.
But in the meantime they are second in a tough division and the playing as well as any other team in the league. I don't blame them for one second if they are happy that they actually have a decent coach now and having their best year in almost a decade. All coaches eventually wear out their welcome especially in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad