Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ flyers

3 Stars lol

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Why are you such a douche? My point is this team lost a game, no big deal, it was not unexpected. They are still right in the middle of playoff race. You said open your eyes. What is your point hotshot?

go nuts, call names, enjoy yourself.

Reactions: leetch99

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
We are so thin up front this Kreider thing is likely to bury us unless a guy like Gauthier steps up and plays well.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That’s a typical Strome game he just didn’t manage the random assist and goal late.

you gotta play hank Sunday. It’s a must win. We always needed a split this weekend. We actually caught a break with Columbus and Carolina losing

but overcoming Shesterkin going down was going to be hard enough losing Kreider and watching quinn force square pegs into round holes the rest of the way to compensate for losing him is a disaster

watching Lemieux on the pp is a joke when you’ve got a Gauthier sitting there
Lemieux on the PP is ridiculous. Chytil, Buch, Kakko and Gautheir are all better options. Kreider is elite net front and he's elite at retrieving pucks on the PP. Lemeiux just can't fill that role.

My concern as I said earlier was losing Kreider causes Quinn to go galaxy brain with his new lines and player deployment and we end up in a situation where now not only is that first line negatively impacted from losing Kreider, but his changes are so bad that we end up with the entire forward group being impacted negatively. Honestly I'd try Gauthier on that line and keep everything else the same just because all the other lines were working pretty well and that move will basically have the least amount of reverberation across the entire lineup.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Lemieux on the PP is ridiculous. Chytil, Buch, Kakko and Gautheir are all better options. Kreider is elite net front and he's elite at retrieving pucks on the PP. Lemeiux just can't fill that role.

My concern as I said earlier was losing Kreider causes Quinn to go galaxy brain with his new lines and player deployment and we end up in a situation where now not only is that first line negatively impacted from losing Kreider, but his changes are so bad that we end up with the entire forward group being impacted negatively. Honestly I'd try Gauthier on that line and keep everything else the same just because all the other lines were working pretty well and that move will basically have the least amount of reverberation across the entire lineup.

which is what we saw with Buchy out. Totally lost his mind with his lines

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
go nuts, call names, enjoy yourself.

Just answer my question. You said open your eyes. What did you mean by that? I know that they are still in a rebuild and the roster is still in need of upgrades and depth which will continue. Duh. It takes nothing away from the fact that this team with all of its roster deficiencies just won 9 of 10, mostly on the road, and put themselves in the thick of the playoff race. I and most of this board fully understand that this team may not make it in. No revelation there Nostradamus.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Assuming McKegg is in Sunday, this is what we have remaining. FO is in no rush to use those two call-ups, obviously. It would help if Chytil and Kakko could give us something. What do you really want him to do with the lines? Might as well say **** the smoothie and just toss names into the blender instead. My blender pulled these...

Buchnevich-Zibanejad-Gauthier
Panarin-Strome-Fast
DiGiussepe-Chytil-Kakko
Lemieux-McKegg-Howden

There..go nuts.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
which is what we saw with Buchy out. Totally lost his mind with his lines
Yeah and that’s my biggest concern. Lemieux-McKegg-Howden was a good 4th line for a while before we got Gauthier.

So just act as if we traded Kreider for Gauthier and plug him into that spot and see if it works. That way you can keep the other 3 effective lines together.

Reactions: skipmowerman

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
All our d had injuries, they were a tough group. I still think we take that to 7 games with a healthy d core.
We did take it to 7, it was 0-0 going into the third period too.

With a healthy D core I think we win the cup that year. Hell, even just a healthy McDonagh. And that’s not even counting the Zucc injury.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Assuming McKegg is in Sunday, this is what we have remaining. FO is in no rush to use those two call-ups, obviously. It would help if Chytil and Kakko could give us something. What do you really want him to do with the lines? Might as well say **** the smoothie and just toss names into the blender instead. My blender pulled these...

Panarin-Strome-Fast
DiGiussepe-Chytil-Kakko
Lemieux-McKegg-Howden

There..go nuts.

That looks as good as any. Kreider is just hard to replace. It's a black hole.

Reactions: Anthony5967

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We did take it to 7, it was 0-0 going into the third period too.

With a healthy D core I think we win the cup that year. Hell, even just a healthy McDonagh. And that’s not even counting the Zucc injury.

I agree, D was a mash unit. I was at that game too. 20 minutes from a second consecutive SCF. What a bummer.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Panarin-Strome-Fast
DiGiussepe-Chytil-Kakko
Lemieux-McKegg-Howden

There..go nuts.

makes too much sense will never happen

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
since the carolina game we have been utter dog shit.

it’s probably fatigue from this bullshit schedule catching up but this stretch is not encouraging.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I agree, D was a mash unit. I was at that game too. 20 minutes from a second consecutive SCF. What a bummer.
I remember that game being so frustrating. We just couldn’t get anything going. I remember Ben Bishop looking shaky as all hell and giving up tons of rebounds and looking all over the place and we just didn’t test him. One of those games where every pass was fumbled, every shot was blocked and we were just stymied all night.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Panarin-Strome-Fast
DiGiussepe-Chytil-Kakko
Lemieux-McKegg-Howden

There..go nuts.
Those lines are exactly what I want to see, at least to start. See if it works. Try not to change too much.

Then load up with Panarin and Zib together for spot shifts here and there, much like the Pens have always done with Crosby and Malkin.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I know Kreider is a huge part to this team but when I see a team like Columbus with half a team injured I’m not gonna make any excuses for this team.

Injuries to important players hurt your chances. There is no getting around that, especially when your team is thin up front to begin with. Columbus has had a ton of injuries and they keep battling but it has not translated into wins. They are 1-4-5 in their last 10 and are barely clinging to a playoff spot. This team losing Shesty and especially Kreider is a big problem. There is just nobody to replace what he brings.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I remember that game being so frustrating. We just couldn’t get anything going. I remember Ben Bishop looking shaky as all hell and giving up tons of rebounds and looking all over the place and we just didn’t test him. One of those games where every pass was fumbled, every shot was blocked and we were just stymied all night.

It was very frustrating. Like you said they just could not get anything going. The crowd was ready to explode too, just never had the opportunity.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
The trade Kreider crowd will now see what this team looks like without him.

I think it's time for Kaako to put on his big boy pants. Time for shelter is over. He needs to learn how to top 6 sooner or later. Let's not kid ourselves and put Lemieux or Howden in that spot.

Panarin strome fast
Buch Ziba Kaako
PDG Chytil Gauthier
Lemuiex Howden Leg

Reactions: Nickmo82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad