Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ flyers

3 Stars lol

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigb47

Dec 5, 2016
We did take it to 7, it was 0-0 going into the third period too.

With a healthy D core I think we win the cup that year. Hell, even just a healthy McDonagh. And that’s not even counting the Zucc injury.
I am genuinely curious because I’m not a rangers fan but what happened to Mcdonagh? I could just be ignorant here but it seems like he went from that amazing stretch to basically someone I never hear talked about anymore

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
The scheduling gap gaffe to start the season would eventually come full circle.
3 games in 4 nights and 6 games in 10 nights. They looked gassed tonight.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I am genuinely curious because I’m not a rangers fan but what happened to Mcdonagh? I could just be ignorant here but it seems like he went from that amazing stretch to basically someone I never hear talked about anymore
He’s still good, he’s eating all the tough defense assignments in Tampa.

2013-2015 with the Rangers he was playing at a Norris level. Now he’s probably just a good 1a or a great 2nd pair guy. He plays a very tough style and takes tons of abuse so he’s just physically worn down now and not at that level he used to be at as a Ranger. Still a good player though.

Reactions: 17 others

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This game sucked, but I’m proud of our boys. They went 9-1 over their previous 10 games and they’ve given themselves a reason to believe in each other.

Right now, and moving forward, it’s going to be an even steeper uphill climb. Hell, there are experienced, top-contending teams that would be reeling after losing Buch, Shesterkin and Kreider in short order.

But just like these kids got a taste of success and the thrill of a playoff hunt, they’ll also get a taste of adversity and what it feels like to battle as the rug is pulled out from under you.

Both of those extremes have the potential to do them a lot of good in the long run. This year has been an amazing experience for them, and regardless of whether they miss the playoffs or battle their way in, I feel good about what they’ve been exposed to.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Just got back from the XfinityCenter which is right next to the Wells Fargo arena where we watched the game partying our asses off.

The goal this weekend was to get a split and I'm confident we will pull off the W at MSG on Sunday despite no Kreider which really blows chunks as he's virtually irreplaceable as no one on the team can even come close to doing the things he does.

We'll have to persevere and considering how resilient this team has shown to be, it would not be surprising if we'll be OK even with no Kreider.

Tough schedule tho coming up boyz....Flyers Sunday than the Caps and Blues followed by the Devils. We need to figure out a way to win 3 of these next 4 games if we want to remain truly in the hunt.

Sure now that we are being teased with playoffs and it's admittedly very tempting to now be dissapointed if we even lose a game. Let's keep in mind this team is way outperforming where it was expected and so even if we miss the playoffs, the kiddies getting all this experience of playoff type games is going to be huge down the road.

That said...win the damn game Sunday and all is good in the world.

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
They went what 8-4-1 without Mika???
They have to just push hard these last 19 games.
I know Chytil and Kakko are trying and have their chances but know we probably need them to start putting up some points.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
The trade Kreider crowd will now see what this team looks like without him.

I think it's time for Kaako to put on his big boy pants. Time for shelter is over. He needs to learn how to top 6 sooner or later. Let's not kid ourselves and put Lemieux or Howden in that spot.

Panarin strome fast
Buch Ziba Kaako
PDG Chytil Gauthier
Lemuiex Howden Leg

Agreed. I'd roll with these lines the rest of the way win or lose (assuming Kreider isn't back any time soon).

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009
This game sucked, but I’m proud of our boys. They went 9-1 over their previous 10 games and they’ve given themselves a reason to believe in each other.

Right now, and moving forward, it’s going to be an even steeper uphill climb. Hell, there are experienced, top-contending teams that would be reeling after losing Buch, Shesterkin and Kreider in short order.

But just like these kids got a taste of success and the thrill of a playoff hunt, they’ll also get a taste of adversity and what it feels like to battle as the rug is pulled out from under you.

Both of those extremes have the potential to do them a lot of good in the long run. This year has been an amazing experience for them, and regardless of whether they miss the playoffs or battle their way in, I feel good about what they’ve been exposed to.
Just no more injuries pls

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Panarin legit sucked tonight
Strome couldn't make a pass
Fast was kinda alright
Kreider is dead
Zibanejad sucked
Buchnevich is excused because of circumstance, but was horrific
Di Giuseppe exists
Chytil needs to figure out how to finish a play
Kakko needs to stop just "looking good"
Lemieux sucked
Howden always sucks
Gauthier needs opportunity (but also sucked)
Lindgren wasn't great
Fox seemed off, even more than others
Smith is not an NHL defenseman or forward
Trouba is just so meh
Staal I just straight up can't look at anymore
DeAngelo was like half our offense, and still sucked
Georgiev was meh
Quinn's response to Kreider getting hurt sucked
Puck luck sucked ass
Refs always suck, but Howden high stick was legit mystifying

Oh well. Rather suck big time and come out with fire on Sunday than lose a close one. Just get it done.
Don't @ me
Howden and Provorov getting called there were both puzzling. Howden back skated into a stationary Provorov and fell.

The "mystifying " call was howden going WWE on Myers and Myers getting called. Also DeAngelo bear hugging Giroux on a breakaway uncalled. Rangers really can't be complaining about officiating in this game at all.

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
No matter how the rest of the season shakes out, I am proud of how the youngest team in the league has been more than just competitive this year and what it accomplished in the second half of the regular season. No matter all the bumps along the road, which were to be expected.

The core of this team as it is constructed right now is winning a Cup. Bank on it. And there is nothing wrong if it is not this year. So we dropped a bad one against a hot team on a B2B after winning 9 out of 10. So what?

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Losing Kreider is devastating for this team.

Hopefuly Quinn doesn’t lose his mind with the new line combos. Lemieux should be nowhere near the PP. I don’t care if he’s scrappy in front of the net, the idea that he’s going to replace Kreider is just lunacy. They need to find a way to rework the PP in Kreider’s absence and not try and just plug Lemmy in there, because that ain’t it.

Give Gauthier and Kakko top 6 tries. Don’t start to overplay Howden. I feel like the decisions to try and rework the lines can completely torpedo the team. Make the wrong combinations and now instead of just losing one line now you’ll lose all of them.
Put Trouba in front of the net on the PP....may as well because he can't hit the end of the rink with his point shot anyways . Plus he is big and nasty and if he goes off...he will be taking another good dman with him to the sinbin .

Reactions: Maximus

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Quinn needs to sit down and figure out what he really wants to do with Gauthier, Lemieux, Chytil, Kaapo, and Howden. If he keeps staying within his comfort zone with middling decisions and middling results without giving guys with more upside a chance, we're not going to survive this Kreider injury.
Those guys all need to be more involved ....not enough body contact from all of them Lemieux included . They have to help soften up opponent D and not Breadman and Zibs . We need these guys to start using their bigger bodies and somebody better start getting them that message . If you don't want to get dirty then go somewhere else . We can win without Kreider if we play as a team .

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Just answer my question. You said open your eyes. What did you mean by that?
. . . No revelation there Nostradamus.

can’t teach you to read so not sure how to answer without retyping the whole message. Some referred to the game as “embarrassing” and ridiculed the team. Somehow you took “open your eyes” personally whereas the message was clearly directed elsewhere. Nice work.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
so even if we miss the playoffs, the kiddies getting all this experience of playoff type games is going to be huge down the road.

That said...win the damn game Sunday and all is good in the world.

The change in venue should be huge. Wish we had better success at home this year, but at least we get out of that hell hole in Philly. That guy Hart is unbeatable there. He's now 18-2-2 there. Insane. Most likely we won't face him Sunday. He is 3-10 on the road. No Philly's road goalie is Brian Elliot. He's 11-5 on the road. But is GAA and Save % is not nearly as daunting as Hart's home stats. 3.10 and .894.

This is our game to win or lose. There are no excuses. Plus Hank will most certainly have something to prove.

I hear a lot of talk of ,.. if we don't win or make the playoffs, I'm proud of our boys. I don't agree totally. If they fold like a cheap suit, what was the point? What did they learn? No,... they need to have a good month, put in a solid effort and win their share of games even if they don't make the postseason. With 18 games remaining, they most likely will need 13 wins for a playoff spot. That's a tough hill to climb. So if they fall short with only 10 or 11 wins, well then you have to give them an A for effort. They gave it everything they had,.. when it counted most. I would be happy with that. Plus it will make the group a bit hungrier next year.

Last edited:

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I just think with Gauthier picking Kreider’s brain recently and given the skill set, it makes sense to try him up there in Kreider’s absence. Let Kreider give him tips.

Reactions: ohbaby

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Because as much as I love what he has brought, you can’t play DiG with Zibanejad and Buchnevich. Kakko either. People fail to understand that he doesn’t get in on the forecheck quick enough, so what else does he have to offer right now? He needs an offseason with regular rest and experience at the pro level under his belt. He will be fine, but it’s not his time right now.

Reactions: Maximus

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
I'd be a little more optimistic if Shesterkin wasn't hurt. Not that even he could have made a difference last night.

He sorta was like Hasek. Masked a lot of flaws (which are to be expected with a team that's young and should improve).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I just think with Gauthier picking Kreider’s brain recently and given the skill set, it makes sense to try him up there in Kreider’s absence. Let Kreider give him tips.

Of course it does but Quinn just goes nuts when he loses a guy. I don’t understand weakening your center position to back fill a wing when you have very capable young wingers that can and should step up

playing Lemieux in the powerplay is absurd too

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I don't understand why Lemieux gets PP time and time on the top 9. He simply isn't skilled enough for anything above 4th line.

They all sucked tonight, and we Lost Kreider. f*** this game.
Agreed. Gauthier should get that spot like yesterday.

Didn’t want to come in here last night. Knew it would be afire with flaming hot takes.

The team was running on fumes, on the road, playing a rested team — and still managed to get off to a good start for the first ten minutes based entirely on will alone. You could set it.

Then Kreider went down, and it was over. I knew they were losing the moment they said he wasn’t coming back for the second period.

Prior to the weekend, most folks were saying “just get a split.” It’s going to be tough, but they still have a chance to get one on Sunday. Let’s see if Hank can steal us one.

EDIT: just read through the rest of the thread and it wasn’t nearly the towering conflagration I expected. Lots of actual perspective. Proud of you guys. Sniff.

Last edited:

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It’s probably not the end of the world that Kreider is out. He was due for a significant dip in play so him getting injured is basically the same thing

Shestyorkin injured is probably a bigger deal tbh

As long as Panarin and Zibanejad don’t drop dead on the ice, this team will at least make it interesting the rest of the way

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Panarin legit sucked tonight
Strome couldn't make a pass
Fast was kinda alright
Kreider is dead
Zibanejad sucked
Buchnevich is excused because of circumstance, but was horrific
Di Giuseppe exists
Chytil needs to figure out how to finish a play
Kakko needs to stop just "looking good"
Lemieux sucked
Howden always sucks
Gauthier needs opportunity (but also sucked)
Lindgren wasn't great
Fox seemed off, even more than others
Smith is not an NHL defenseman or forward
Trouba is just so meh
Staal I just straight up can't look at anymore
DeAngelo was like half our offense, and still sucked
Georgiev was meh
Quinn's response to Kreider getting hurt sucked
Puck luck sucked ass
Refs always suck, but Howden high stick was legit mystifying

Oh well. Rather suck big time and come out with fire on Sunday than lose a close one. Just get it done.
Don't @ me
Soooooo Smith is a goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad