Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I forget who said it in the game thread but the Rangers breaking camp with 8 defensemen makes sense if they are thinking about trading Klein.

Diaz and Bellemore are not the answer though. Bodie and McIlrath?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
McIlrath ended up negative in corsi. Needs to work on period to period consistency which is expected of a rookie.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Etem reminds me a ton of Miller. Lot of skill, can make a difference, but is extremely prone to making horrifically bad plays. Was very impressed with his speed tonight.

Shame Megna got stuck on the 4th line. Thought he was pretty decent and would have liked to see him get more time after last nights performance.

I thought McIlrath was pretty good tonight after thinking he was only okay yesterday. I was at the game last night so maybe I missed some things but I wasn't as impressed as everyone else was.

What did everyone think of Graves? I see some thinking he was good but man is he slow. I saw him get beat to the outside a few times. He probably disappointed me the most out of the guys I was looking forward to seeing.

Stoll is slow as ****. I just don't see how he's playing over Lindberg, who is NHL ready to me, and Stalberg. If you carry him as a 13th fine but he shouldn't be playing everyday.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I was impressed by Bodie. Real smart with the puck. Don't know about his size and strength though.

McIlrath played pretty well. He wasn't a liability. Diaz had a tough night and Graves looked raw. Klein was Klein and Bellemore was okay but needs to be better than that if he wants a contract.

Lindberg was really good--keeps it up he'll make the team. Stalberg a strong game. Nejezchleb a real good game--a pleasant surprise. Stoll--really good on face-offs.

Wasn't impressed with Etem.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
See, now I thought McIlrath was solid tonight and I thought Klein had a very up-and-down game.

Quick take reviews on everyone:

Antti Raanta - already at a disadvantage to Hellberg due to his size, I didn't think his positioning was very good tonight and he made a really questionable decision there at the end.
Magnus Hellberg - has a leg up for the backup job, IMO.
Oscar Lindberg - best player on the ice. Needs to make this team.
Viktor Stalberg - much better game tonight. Still very much in the conversation for the NHL roster.
Luke Adam - has had one or two good moments, but should be cut.
Jarrett Stoll - great on FOs and played well with Lindberg and Stalberg. Also very much in the conversation for the NHL roster.
Jayson Megna - another good game. Should survive this round of cuts.
Kirill Kabanov - well, it was a nice idea.
Richard Nesfjngrmvjfnrdszzleb - had some very nice glimpses of skill and smarts. Going to the AHL, but he needs to be signed if he hasn't been already.
Ryan Bourque - just too small and doesn't do nearly enough at the NHL level to make up for it. Cut.
Kevin Hayes - very meh game for him.
Emerson Etem - up and down. Some good moments buzzing in the offensive zone and some good hits, but also some forgettable play. Needs to pick it up.
JT Miller - tale of two halves. Great for the first 30 minutes and then bad for the second.
Jayden Hart - looked completely out of place. Cut.
Kevin Klein - a couple of nice plays, but overall not as good as last game.
Mat GOATie - good in the offensive zone, a complete liability in the defensive zone. I know he had two goals, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut.
Dylan McIlrath - thought he was the team's best defenseman tonight.
Raphael Diaz - likely headed to Switzerland.
Ryan Graves - I was very favorably impressed given that this was his first action against NHL competition. Thought he was the team's second best defenseman.
Brett Bellemore - Cut.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Lindberg has a nice shot when he uses it and Stalberg loves to shoot. Can't stress enough how much we needed that last year especially against Tampa.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I love and miss hockey but that game made me want to gouge out my eyes and never watch it again.

That said:

Lindberg- a New York Ranger. He was the best player on the ice for the Rangers. I know that's saying zero but still. The puck followed him around all night, unfortunately so did some of his teammates.

McIlrath- was ok, with more ice time I think he can be decent. I didn't think he had a great game but he wasn't bad. Quite frankly he was paired with a tomato can most of the night.

Diaz- was hot garbage.

Klein, meh squared.

Graves is not ready for the NHL but has promise.

Kabanov- he has a neck tattoo, get rid of him.

Hayes, Miller were non existent, I think Hayes is still in Norway. Miller had a good first period, I think he went to the bathroom to poop and missed the 2nd and 3rd. Incidentally, when he's on the ice with Bodie, I think Olympic Skiing.

Nejwhatever- see Graves, although he was very skilled at times.

Bourque- Didn't see much out of him. I mean he played but you need to see more for him make the team.

Bodie- A puck magnet like Lindberg. He has some potential. You can't teach a player how to be around the puck that much. I know he's older and small as the Keebler elf but again if he can develop some maybe he can be a Rafalski type guy. Look that's humongous "if" I know. For some reason he impressed me tonight.

Stalberg- He looked decent paired with Lindberg, at least that line didn't totally suck like the other 3.

Etem- Is it possible to go back in time and get Carl Hagelin back? Dare to dream.

Stoll- Watching him take a face-off, I can really see what drew Erin Andrews to him. He makes faceoffs an art form.

Diaz- My god he sucks.

Adam- Who?

Hart- played like Owen.

Diaz- wow awful.

Raanta- stood on his head for about 20 seconds and then let in a bunch of goals.

Hellberg- He has a cool name.

Please blow up this lineup card and hope to hell it's never conjured up again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad