Confirmed with Link: Rangers finalize coaching staffs in NY and HFD

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I like both hires. Smith is a great coach to have down in Hartford with how many young dmen we’ll be sending there in the next few seasons. Midgley is an intriguing option, but his Halifax team was obviously very good when he was their head coach, and he has a long track record of coaching in the Q.

I’m excited to see what the coaches can do with this group.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
y'all do understand that Midgely is the 4th coach.
Torts and Sully got by as just 2.

Midgely will likely be the guy that runs drills at practice, oversees the room,
changes the F lines per GG's direction when Kelly is 'eye in the sky',
works with guys on certain skills, is kinda always around.

Gallant just worked WC's for Hockey Canada, maybe got the Midgely lead from them
Anyway, i think a guy in his 40's is a smart include, and this guy seems truly committed to his careeer

btw, @SA16 i don't put any faith in what management tells the press when they replace a coach,
they just say what they want folks to believe and what makes themselves look good.
I had read that Kelly ran the practices for Gallant at LV . Take that for what it is worth . I also assume that both Kelly and Gallant or maybe Murphy know Jim Midgely as he has spent some time around the Maritime hockey circles as a college player and coach and it is a small community overall in terms f Jr hockey and upwards . I'm willing to give the team the benefit of the doubt on this signing . Even if he was considered a poor head coach by some in Halifax....he did have a decent record in that one season in Halifax. Plus...he knows MacKinnon.... :)

Reactions: egelband

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Here with a special scouting report is a Midgley-in-a-Bikini
hZielz8HoSqiyaS3mibILQNMkTa-WvE3o5KJFCYz_Rw.jpg

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Yep. We’re screwed. Someone once said he isn’t experienced enough.

BUT NO MORE OLD BOY NETWORK RETREADS.
Let me tell you a story about another man who they said wasn’t experienced enough. That man revolutionized the manufacturing industry by introducing the assembly line. Yes that man was Billy Ford, Henry’s 1/2 brother.

Reactions: egelband

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad