Confirmed with Link: Rangers Expected to Sign Patrick Nemeth: Brooks

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Laughing that his number one attribute is apparently "he's Swedish, so this will be good for Nils."
Terrific strawman argument, good job.

The truth is Nemeth fits exactly what we were looking for:

A defensively responsible veteran LHD to play on the 3rd pair and be a stop gap for a year or two until some of our LHD prospects are ready.

The fact that he is Swedish is a perk, not the number one attribute.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
So to summarize fans of Detriot, Dallas and Colorado are all glad to not have him by the reaction to the main boards but some fans here think this is a good move.

If I had to choose, I am going to go with the fans of the 3 franchises that have watched him night in and night out compared to the people who had to Google him in this thread.

Some one said it before but its looking more true evrry day that Tom Wilson broke this franchise and some of the fans.

Reactions: tbassler

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
So to summarize fans of Detriot, Dallas and Colorado are all glad to not have him by the reaction to the main boards but some fans here think this is a good move.

If I had to choose, I am going to go with the fans of the 3 franchises that have watched him night in and night out compared to the people who had to Google him in this thread.

Some one said it before but its looking more true evrry day that Tom Wilson broke this franchise and some of the fans.

Yeah because this is a move meant to deter Wilson.

dumb take is dumb

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Will you be happy when the 2022 2nd round center we draft is head and shoulders above Pinelli? It might be the deepest center draft class ever… Wright, Lambert, Savoie, Cooley, McGroarty, Yurov, Bystedt, Vidicek, Namestnikov, Geekie, Ostlund, Gaucher…

On topic, don’t be surprised when Nemeth is our overpaid 7D halfway through the season.

I will be happy when we acquire a center.

On that note, I also think we need to get a ton of picks in that draft if possible. Trade Strome to someone who can offer us multiple bites at that apple.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

What #6/7 dman of any franchise do the fans rave about?

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020

On paper this team is better than last seasons team. Last year we had Hajek and JMFJ on our 3rd pair... We got goodrow and blais to add what this team was missing. Only big player we lost is Buch, but Kravy will be one year older + there would have been no place for Buch anyway on this roster in the upcoming years.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
No problem with this signing. We were never going to get a former top D who would be willing to be our 3rd pair stop-gap. Nemeth is the hockey equivalent of the piece of furniture we picked up on a curb alert to do the job while we save up for something nice (aka--the kids developing in the AHL). In that context, he's fine and we could have done a lot worse.

Reactions: Ola

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
He’s significantly better than Christian Backman, Sandis Ozolinsh, Libor Hajek, Marc Staal (late career) and many other bottom pairing d-men this team has had. Like significantly. He’s probably a good #5 which is great for this team.

Other added bonus, he cost nothing but money. The team has cap space. They traded no current player or prospect for the chance to see how he works out.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This is such bullshit. If Tom Wilson was the reason they would have signed a true heavyweight like Reaves. Blais and Goodrow are nothing like that. It's about in general being tougher to play against and being able to compete in the dirty areas and along the walls with the more physical teams. Why is this so hard to understand

?
Um….I was being sarcastic dude

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Yeaaaaaahhhh, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Staal got waaay to much crap in NY due to playing in a wide open man-man system. If he played in like a Barry Trotz zone defense he would have been perfectly OK. Sure he was on a horrible contract and had health issues, but any talk about him being like the “worst defender in the league” is ridiculous IMO.

I take back what I said a bit, Nemeth deserves a shot. But from my POV, it does seem like we believe that we are signing a D that is a little better than he actually is. I’ve followed Nemeth on and off since his early junior days. Maybe he has become a more solid D today than I give him credit for. But I am not sold on that he really is worth a fair amount of money over 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad