Confirmed with Link: Rangers Expected to Sign Patrick Nemeth: Brooks

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Good move if it happens. Solid guy for the blue line. Can play a heavy game. Gives them some vet leadership back there. Could maybe be good for the younger d core. Perhaps a better version of Staal.

Please note, before someone comes out and says it. He’s not going to solve your Tom Wilson problem. While he can play physical, Nemeth can’t fight his way out of a paper bag much like Blais, so maybe they are trying to corner the market there on physical guys that can’t scrap a lick.

Reactions: Number 9

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
3 of the 4 teams that made the conference finals play a pretty heavy game...they're In the top 10 in hits.

Playing a heavy physical game is important.

The rangers are an average team in terms of hits..they need to be more physical.

Tampa was 9th, Montreal first, Islanders 3rd.

There's more to winning than physicality...but make no mistake...it's Important.
I mean to me this just looks like the best team had the fewest hits and the worst team had the most.

Like Tampa could have 9 hits all season and they’d still clown everyone.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I mean to me this just looks like the best team had the fewest hits and the worst team had the most.

This is possible but it’s not really a surprise that they added Maroon, Coleman and Goodrow which added a completely new physical element to their forward group and then found their way to two Cups. That’s not to say physical play is the most important variable, it’s not, but I think it’s something that needs to be considered.

Last years Rangers team was abhorrent in this regard and I’m not talking about fights by Lemieux or Smith.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

They had less hits because they always have the puckbut when they don't they separate the opposition from the puck.

They're also the worst of the sample given but they're also a top 10 team as a whole.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I swear I read somewhere that he (Geo) was looking for a fresh start, but for the life of me I can't recall the source. Anyone know what i'm talking about or did I dream it or something?

Yeah, there was a little tidbit somewhere that mentioned he requested a trade

Reactions: CasusBelli

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Didn’t Nemeth play on that 2012 WJC Swedish team with Mika that won the gold?

bet they’re friends too

Holy crap, it is. Good catch! (not sure if anyone answered you on this lol)

Fun Fact, I was at that game - was sitting behind the net when Mika scored in OT. The Saddledome was a madhouse cheering for Sweden, it was an incredible experience.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Tampa Bay Lightning have a record setting regular season and get embarrassingly tossed and swept 1st round by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Then they won 2 cups in the next 2 years.

They added Goodrow, Coleman, and Maroon.

They didn't add those guys as a specific response to CBJ. Those guys got added because a missing element of their team was added, which was exposed by the CBJ series. The Rangers got outworked plenty of times by teams, just watch any time that we played the Islanders. Dumbass Tom Wilson is just some media-driven boogeyman.

Nemeth is a good signing.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
I guess this is a good depth add. I just don't see anything to get excited about. There's probably about 50 other players you could replace him with and not notice the difference.

All in all, depending on the price of course, a good depth add. I just don't want him to end up as a starter most of the season. If he does, I think that mans 1 or more of our D prospects aren't living up to their potential.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He's fine. It's up to Murphy to get the most out of him.

He's better than Jack Johnson or Brendan Smith so that's a plus.

I'm going to give my disclaimer and please remember this come Oct-April: there will be nights he gets top four minutes as an in-game adjustment, there will be games he gets the starting nod in the top 4, and there will be games he's a healthy scratch especially if Robertson has matured.

His purpose is as an insulator specifically for Nils, but also for the entire D.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Mixed reviews, but I hate the fact that HF COL thinks he's horrendous. Honestly, find the collective HF to have really good insight on low profile players like this. Similar to when we educate the masses about Brendan Lemiux and Brett Howden.

Reactions: Crease

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Mixed reviews, but I hate the fact that HF COL thinks he's horrendous. Honestly, find the collective HF to have really good insight on low profile players like this. Similar to when we educate the masses about Brendan Lemiux and Brett Howden.

At the same token, guys like Girardi left the Rangers and played reportedly better for the other team.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

In 13 regular season games for them this year he had:

57 CF%
67 GF%
60 xGF%

Every stat was good. He had a bad playoff series against Vegas so they decided he is bad.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
this signing also seems to state that Zac Jones and Hajek are not in the 2021 plans.
I mean, if Jones cant beat this guy to make the starting line up, then he should start off in Hartford.

Reactions: n8

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
In 13 regular season games for them this year he had:

57 CF%
67 GF%
60 xGF%

Every stat was good. He had a bad playoff series against Vegas so they decided he is bad.

People have no idea how to square stats with the eye test despite the eye test being notoriously biased and subjective

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad