Confirmed with Link: Rangers Expected to Sign Patrick Nemeth: Brooks

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Perfect fit, honestly.

We needed a one or two year guy, defensive focused, preferably Swedish, under $3M per. Checks all the boxes.

Let Jones and Robbie cook in Hartford with Schneider and Skinner.
Throw in Pajuniemi and I’m gonna spring for the AHL streaming package this year for the first time since Zuccarello was down there

Reactions: McSauer and Kendo

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Didn’t Nemeth play on that 2012 WJC Swedish team with Mika that won the gold?

bet they’re friends too

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
So is he Jack Johnson or Kevin Klein? Opinions seem all over the place.
He's the version of Kevin Klein that we saw in his decline or just Jack Johnson normal. Nemeth is really bad. All the people hyping up this signing will be the first ones complaining about him on the game day threads. The dude flat out sucks. He'll be in the press box before the ASG.
Like I said I used to watch him all the time when he played for the Stars. Dude is a turnover machine.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I love how page 1 is all sorts of celebrating and then you get a ton of posts explaining the guy sucks at defense. It's funny bc for years I've pointed out how bad HF NYR is at evaluating D. Damn folks, if you aint watched the dude, stop speaking factually as if you know how good the move definitely is. I dont think I trust a single person here with analysis of a defenseman but I do HOPE those of you trying to push that this is DEFINTIELY a great move have actually watched him and know what you're saying.

I swear, Im coming back to this thread to call you out if he sucks ass. (and the world trembled. With laughter or fear? You be the judge)

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I imagine that this takes us out of the 4 years at 5.9 million Nate Schmidt rumors.
Good for us. Though if Vancouver retained and throws in a 2022 or 2023 2nd that would certainly be tempting.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I imagine that this takes us out of the 4 years at 5.9 million Nate Schmidt rumors.
Good for us. Though if Vancouver retained and throws in a 2022 or 2023 2nd that would certainly be tempting.

Ok I just happened to be browsing this thread but what on earth? Schmidt is still really good. The contract isn't amazing but it's certainly not retain and send picks worthy unless you are referring to bennings terrible negotiation skills in which case, fair point.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
The guy made a bad play and it resulted in a goal at a bad time. As if you can't find similar video on most players who log enough ice time. As long as it's a short term deal at a reasonable hit I'm fine with it.

Yuck

Sep 8, 2009
Solves the, need a meh vet defensemen that if a rookie can't beat out he shouldn't make the team. Same as JJ. No problem for it... if the kids play better he can be the 7th D. If not, they aren't ready.

Reactions: Kendo

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
With Larsson and Oleksiak already signed by Seattle and Hjalmarsson retired, he's probably one of the top defensive defensemen free agents. I think it's a good signing for a 3rd pair D.

Reactions: Kendo

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
one of the whole points of analytics is to strip away biases from stuff like the eye test (so you're not stuck on remembering a couple of bad plays and ignoring the whole body of work) and we can see that Nemeth has consistently had a positive impact on the defensive side of things throughout the years. Despite some mistakes I'm sure he'll make, his net overall impact is a gain. If he was truly bad then his analytics would show that he's a negative on the ice defensively. That's what Johnson's showed. He was a negative to the eye test and analytics and was just plain bad.
Nemeth seems like a guy who might make mistakes that will stand out now and then but game to game to game he will be fine as a 3rd pairing defender

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Buch for a grinder trade is really tainting everything.

If we had been able to get like Gabe Vilardi and a second for Buch, which we then used on Pinelli, I basically would have nothing left to say.

To very good center prospects in the pipe.

Then go f***ing pay Coleman, wgas?

Why is this in the Nemeth thread? Cause I'm saying I'd feel decent about things - Nemeth signing included - if they had just done that Buch trade differently.

That Buch trade makes me skeptical of literally every move Drury makes. He lost all of his credibility with it.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Honestly, he’s kind of a meaner (2019) Marc Staal but not as molasses slow. He’ll make the same kind of blunders. But he can’t blame it on an eye injury. And he never had the ceiling Staal had, so he never had near elite decision making and reads to fall back on. He looks a lot like the most recent Rangers Staal, just a bit younger and feistier.

Reactions: Ola

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad