Confirmed with Link: Rangers Expected to Sign Patrick Nemeth: Brooks

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He was atrocious for Colorado after they acquired him.

That said, if it's for 1 or 2 years whatever. Maybe he can bounce back. We have the short term cap. Wished it was a better veteran D but at least you are not spending assets when you get him.

Reactions: CLW and mas0764

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Makar was every bit a mess defensively as the rest of the group.

He was a gong show in game 6 in particular.

Makar's problem (like MacKinnon), he was trying to do too much on his own. I am still trying to figure out what the heck happened to Girard in that series. Maybe Vegas wasn't a good match for Colorado stylistically.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Really exactly the kind of player we needed. Good pick up by Drury.

Wonder if this means Ottawa and a futures package is the leading contender for Strome.

It at least means we don't have to be fixated on trading Strome just to acquire a 3D.

This is what free agency is for, filling your holes with serviceable but replaceable short term veteran contracts.

Now go get BPAs in the trade and drafts.

Though side note, we do kinda need to draft or trade for a young center.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Looks like we are filling in the cracks. Let Laf,K2,Filip and Krav...the young guns help out The Vets...Mika and Bread...in the top 6...and use the bottom 6 as artillery ...hitting the enemy deep, hard and often.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
good news, he's a very good player. though he had some uglyyy moments against VGK in the playoffs.

Reactions: EEL

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
EXACTLY the right sort of player to sign as an interim 3LD. Big, defensive oriented, plays a hard game.

Sure he had some wooftastic plays in a series in which his entire friggin' team fell apart. They fell apart, after all.

Some of you somehow expect to sign Victor Hedman on a 2 year, $2.5MM deal to serve as the transition piece to Jones/Robertson, and I just don't get it.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
The Buch for a grinder trade is really tainting everything.

If we had been able to get like Gabe Vilardi and a second for Buch, which we then used on Pinelli, I basically would have nothing left to say.

To very good center prospects in the pipe.

Then go f***ing pay Coleman, wgas?

Why is this in the Nemeth thread? Cause I'm saying I'd feel decent about things - Nemeth signing included - if they had just done that Buch trade differently.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad