Post-Game Talk: Rangers end regular season in Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
You're actually blaming the wrong guy. According to AV it was Klein who made a mistake and caused the breakaway.

It would be like a penalty shot whether Diaz tripped him or not. Diaz actually did the right thing based on the situation, when he tried to go for the puck.

I watched Rangers in 60 and they said it was Diaz. I don't know if they ever corrected that or what
But whomever it was looked like they dove straight at gionta's feet and nowhere near the puck. EA Sports-esqe dive :laugh:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A couple of things if we are rounding of the season.

Zucc got 59 pts, missed a few games and started the year with what 8 without a point. The 30th scorer in the NHL got 65 pts.

Zucc is a scoring at a decent rate for a top scoring player if you look past the first 8 games. Please also note how diffrent we match our team compared to most other teams. We don't have 1-3 guys who get every important shift, and who everyone feed the puck to all the time. That is 10-20 pts a year, add 10-20 to anyone on this roster, and their stats are great/good.

Looking at Kreider-Step-Nash, that line did not put it together. At all. They never looked good. Step and Kreider didn't manage to open up for Nash. Nash and Kreider couldn't keep Step in the attacking zone. And so forth. It was not a good match. Kreider was only really consistent when he played with Zucc, all year. When you crap on peoples stats after playing almost a full year on a line like that, what did you expect, that someone would score 65-70 pts, ie like 15-30 in scorin among all forwards in the league, after playing almost a full year on a dysfunctional line? I've never seen that before...

Thirdly, most production comes from a good PP. For anyone. Our PP was better this year, but mostly diffrent units worked at diffrent times and not one forward found that stats boosting position. I think that will come more next year when we things are more figured out so to speak.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
A couple of things if we are rounding of the season.

Zucc got 59 pts, missed a few games and started the year with what 8 without a point. The 30th scorer in the NHL got 65 pts.

Zucc is a scoring at a decent rate for a top scoring player if you look past the first 8 games. Please also note how diffrent we match our team compared to most other teams. We don't have 1-3 guys who get every important shift, and who everyone feed the puck to all the time. That is 10-20 pts a year, add 10-20 to anyone on this roster, and their stats are great/good.

Looking at Kreider-Step-Nash, that line did not put it together. At all. They never looked good. Step and Kreider didn't manage to open up for Nash. Nash and Kreider couldn't keep Step in the attacking zone. And so forth. It was not a good match. Kreider was only really consistent when he played with Zucc, all year. When you crap on peoples stats after playing almost a full year on a line like that, what did you expect, that someone would score 65-70 pts, ie like 15-30 in scorin among all forwards in the league, after playing almost a full year on a dysfunctional line? I've never seen that before...

Thirdly, most production comes from a good PP. For anyone. Our PP was better this year, but mostly diffrent units worked at diffrent times and not one forward found that stats boosting position. I think that will come more next year when we things are more figured out so to speak.

Nash is expected to be the go to guy. He has a history of doing that on his own. It's funny in a way our most talented forwards Nash and St. Louis have such a hard time finding chemistry with other players. Richards who was signed to be our No. 1 center and who used to be a premier playmaker has not found consistent chemistry with any forward since he got here 3 years ago.

I really don't think Stepan-Nash-Kreider work that badly together. Nash and Kreider sometimes seem to be at cross purposes but Kreider's speed does back off defenses and gives Nash more room to operate in. Stepan just looks to pass to whoever he can--though he's not on the same planet as either of his wingers when it comes to skating. Generally when it comes to creating and maintaining chemistry these are the four mysteries on the team--Nash, Richards, St. Louis and Kreider.

One of my major gripes with the pwp is Richards staying out too long. When nothing is happening he just stays out there forcing plays. With McDonagh coming back for the playoffs that hopefully will get better.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
It was nice to see some snarl and push back last night also equally refreshing to see Carcillo willing to get physical and play pissed off...That was his most physical game since coming here...As a side note I really love Kleins game he's just steady and smart all game...Such and upgrade from old #4

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
didn't see the game, but for a match that meant nothing to us, I understand we showed up well.

That's a great thing.

Flyers should be a fun series.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I think Nash-Step-St Louis
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot

Would work ridicilously well. I'm only advocating moving Pouliot to Richards because, even when Zucc was out injured, he still found ways to produce with Richie and hags as his linesmates. Pouliot has had a fantastic year, and he can work with more than one line.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot

Would work ridicilously well. I'm only advocating moving Pouliot to Richards because, even when Zucc was out injured, he still found ways to produce with Richie and hags as his linesmates. Pouliot has had a fantastic year, and he can work with more than one line.

I would consider this too.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Looking at the score and SOG stat, I'd say I'm glad I missed the game for a barbecue.

Without reading the thread or looking at highlights, let me guess:

Nash floated the whole game
Richards was slow
Zucc's line was pretty good, but got nowhere
We shot at Price's logo all game
Cam had to play a great game to keep us in it

Am I close?

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I would consider this too.

I would not.

The only line that has showed consistent chemistry is Poo - Brass - MZA.

I would not break them up. Most nights they seem to be getting the better opportunities to score.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Kreider-Brass-Zucc
Hagelin-Richards-Pouliot

1 rule going into the post season: Don't break up the Poo-Brass-Zucc line.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Looking at the score and SOG stat, I'd say I'm glad I missed the game for a barbecue.

Without reading the thread or looking at highlights, let me guess:

Nash floated the whole game
Richards was slow
Zucc's line was pretty good, but got nowhere
We shot at Price's logo all game
Cam had to play a great game to keep us in it

Am I close?

Not even remotely, but 'twas still a good try

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I didn't think I had too much to drink at this certain point of the game but what the heck did Dorsett do to get the misconduct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad