Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Ducks: The "5, Bazooka, or Juicy Fruit?" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Please point out to me any stretch in '11-12 where they lost 2 games by a combined score of 15-2.

...in fact, try to find that anywhere in the last several years. The '11-12 team got off to a rough start, but they were at least competing and not brain-farting on every single shift.

Exactly. The comparisons to the '11-12 team's start to the season need to stop. I get people are trying to rationalize but there is little similarity in the how that team played and how this team is playing. That team showed a pulse and played hard. The games they lost were 3-2, not 6-0. And the defense actually showed up instead of scrambling around like they have never played a lick of hockey in their life (and this was without Staal).

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Totally agree!

Boyle is playing better than the rest of the players in top-6. So it's kinda safe to say that it's Boyle's fault that they look even worse than they really are. Which in itself is an accomplishment.

And for those who saying he wasn't on the ice for any goals against even though he had most ice time among the forwards; he's obviously just choosing to play the easy shifts against the weaker opponents. Lazy ass bum.

And as if that wasn't enough, what about him stealing Kreiders spot in the line up?

And what about he is big and doesn't fight that well?

And the list goes on and on...
You forgot to say he fell one time

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I'm just wondering if anyone wants to call my "haha this is the worst lineup I've ever seen". hyperbole, now?

I've seen a worse collection of skaters, but those lines are a disgrace. AV is just making our bad team look even worse. He was NOT the right hire. I had such a bad feeling about it when it happened. This is why I wasn't at all even excited about the season starting...because I saw the writing on the wall.

It is hyperbole, and you coming in just to say I told you so doesn't change anything.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I watched the whole game as was pleased with the play of Fast in the 3rd period. I also liked how Zucc got pissed at Perry and went after him. At least some Rangers were playing their hearts out.

Girardi on the other hand. WTF? Getzlaf bumps him because of Girardi's hit on Perrault and Girardi doesn't do anything?? Dan, was it too late in the game to do stand up for yourself??

I thought HL played better as the game went on but I think the Ducks let off on the gas so I don't know if that is a true indication if he getting better.

I just can't believe I wasted sleep to watch that travesty. :shakehead

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Exactly. The comparisons to the '11-12 team's start to the season need to stop. I get people are trying to rationalize but there is little similarity in the how that team played and how this team is playing. That team showed a pulse and played hard. The games they lost were 3-2, not 6-0. And the defense actually showed up instead of scrambling around like they have never played a lick of hockey in their life (and this was without Staal).

There were a lot less defensive breakdowns, but the 11-12 Rangers were outplayed in a similar manner to start the season. Therein lies the comparison.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
PINK-Rose-Colored-Glasses.jpg

Haha...:laugh:

But, I am just rational, not emotional and ridiculous like most here.

78 games left man. It's a long season. Not a sprint, but a marathon. Chill.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
I just have to say, I love the roster and playing style you guys had before the Nash trade and AV hire. Oddly enough, even as a big Flyers fan, I've always had a soft spot for this team. That being said, I'm really sorry that you guys have to endure AV.

I'm not sure what the hell Sather was thinking hiring a coach that has choked so much with what I'd call an excellent (while still soft) roster in Vancouver. But luckily you guys still have some great players, it's just a matter of getting rid of the things that don't work. Hopefully you guys turn it around.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Anyone pointing to the third period as anything other than the Rangers being given free reign of the ice by a team that had already picked them clean and discarded the carcass is on some potent stuff. There was no redemption in the third. The Ducks had already left the building; those might have been fans they let dress in the third. Make no mistake, they could easily have scored 2-3 more if they'd wanted to.

Hank was furious. He looked okay. Not particularly good but at times, better than he has thus far. He makes that play out by the blue line out of anger and to send a message to the brain dead defenders that were letting Ducks walk in unmolested. He probably knew it had a 70% chance of ending up behind him; he also knew he had a 100% chance of his team letting him get shelled for the rest of the game.

There's something wrong, internally, with this team. This is a mental attitude issue. Yeah, we lack talent, but not to the point of not even belonging on the same ice as these teams. We should be between 10th-20th in the league with this roster. Right now we are the worst team out there. There's something festering in the minds and attitudes of our players.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
Please point out to me any stretch in '11-12 where they lost 2 games by a combined score of 15-2.

...in fact, try to find that anywhere in the last several years. The '11-12 team got off to a rough start, but they were at least competing and not brain-farting on every single shift.

I think they even said last time the Rangers gave up 6 goals in back to back games was Oct 2006.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
There's something festering in the minds and attitudes of our players.

Its called laziness. Every guy in that locker room probably breathed a sigh of relief that day Tortorella was fired. They started losing that edge last season, but held it together to the 2nd round. Now? Its completely gone.

A lot of fans called Tortorella a bully as a demeaning term -- well, it sure looks like this team needs to be bullied.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
Its called laziness. Every guy in that locker room probably breathed a sigh of relief that day Tortorella was fired. They started losing that edge last season, but held it together to the 2nd round. Now? Its completely gone.

A lot of fans called Tortorella a bully as a demeaning term -- well, it sure looks like this team needs to be bullied.

this team has always needed a kick in the ass to do well and I firmly believe the reason why is because they play in the environment of the NYC playground with too many distractions. Typically the rangers have always needed a coach to keep them in check with all the pressures and distractions of nyc

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I love that these last two games have been so bad that we get the opponents' fans coming in like "I'm so sorry."

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
There were a lot less defensive breakdowns, but the 11-12 Rangers were outplayed in a similar manner to start the season. Therein lies the comparison.

A big reason why the Rangers were outplayed in '11-12 because they were super undisciplined and spent a lot of time on the PK.

But even when they were outplayed, they had the mental resiliency and ability to keep the score close and not let it spiral out of control like it has in the past two games. They were able to force games to OT/SO despite being outshot and outchanced. Hell, when the Rangers were severely outplayed by Vancouver, they even found a way to score 4 goals in the 3rd period and win the game. This year's team is just wilting when they get outplayed instead of staying competitive and trying to battle through it.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

While this is pure speculation... there may be some real truth to it.

At the very least, this team, as it's playing at the moment, no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt in this category.

They're an embarrassment to the franchise at the moment.

They needed depth, it was given to them.

They needed a coach who would let them play. It was given to them.

What is it they need now?

Hopefully it's just time to gel.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
While this is pure speculation... there may be some real truth to it.

At the very least, this team, as it's playing at the moment, no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt in this category.

They're an embarrassment to the franchise at the moment.

They needed depth, it was given to them.

They needed a coach who would let them play. It was given to them.

What is it they need now?

Hopefully it's just time to gel.

Whats most disheartening about the last 2 games is the way they lost.

In San Jose, they didnt even try. In Anaheim, they couldnt execute a single thing. Im hoping they can turn this around in due time, but a heartless bunch with limited skills is a bad combination.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
A big reason why the Rangers were outplayed in '11-12 because they were super undisciplined and spent a lot of time on the PK.

But even when they were outplayed, they had the mental resiliency and ability to keep the score close and not let it spiral out of control like it has in the past two games. They were able to force games to OT/SO despite being outshot and outchanced. Hell, when the Rangers were severely outplayed by Vancouver, they even found a way to score 4 goals in the 3rd period and win the game. This year's team is just wilting when they get outplayed instead of staying competitive and trying to battle through it.

All I'm saying is that I still expect the team to make the playoffs despite the horrid start. This is way too small of a sample to project a disaster season.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers play has brought out some who have not posted here since May. They either aren't Rangers fans or their own lives are miserable that they come out to spread their misery.

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
The Rangers play has brought out some who have not posted here since May. They either aren't Rangers fans or their own lives are miserable that they come out to spread their misery.

either that or they have more important things to do in their lives than averaging 7 posts a day for 11.5 years straight :laugh:

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

I'll also add that they look out of shape. To a man, the game seems too fast for them.

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA

No offense, you post tons of great info but screw you and all the rest of the holier than thou on this board. The amount of time someone spends posting on this message board in no way equates to one's loyalty as a fan! I'm 30 and I've been a fan all my life (thanks grandma) and just because I don't post here often I might not be considered a real fan? Who gave you the right to make that judgement?

The people who post here are not the only "true" Rangers fans, in fact you represent a very small portion of the fan base! I read the boards all the time and if I feel compelled to post something once a year or once every hour is no business of yours or anybody else!

Can we just accept that we are all real fans and stop trying to establish a pecking order or to rank people's loyalty according to a select few's criteria?

Signed,
A "true" Rangers Fan

Petey Pucks

Feb 10, 2009
Jersey City, NJ
No offense, you post tons of great info but screw you and all the rest of the holier than thou on this board. The amount of time someone spends posting on this message board in no way equates to one's loyalty as a fan! I'm 30 and I've been a fan all my life (thanks grandma) and just because I don't post here often I might not be considered a real fan? Who gave you the right to make that judgement?

The people who post here are not the only "true" Rangers fans, in fact you represent a very small portion of the fan base! I read the boards all the time and if I feel compelled to post something once a year or once every hour is no business of yours or anybody else!

Can we just accept that we are all real fans and stop trying to establish a pecking order or rank people's loyalty according to a select few's criteria?

Signed,
A "true" Rangers Fan

Bravo!! Bravo:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad