GDT: Rangers @ Ducks - 7:30 PM PST

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
That's no PP's for us in either game against the Rangers right? Makes you wonder how they only have 80 something points.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Beat by NY defense and Tim Peel

Agreed. Rangers collapsed back into the D zone to protect their backup goalie in this snooze fest. Meanwhile the refs refused to call anything on the Rangers.

How do you score when the other team collapses 5 back and gets away with obstruction and tripping?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I don't think I'd call Pirri invisible but he didn't do much. Hopefully he can start getting his shot off more as he adjusts to the system.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Hope Pirri is just rusty. I saw nothing in his game that shows he is an NHLer at all. Hope he can get open for that shot lots because it sounds like he relies on it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Fine with this loss, it was just a no bounce game. That goal to win it was just ridiculous bad luck, and anytime a team gets zero PPs it seems preordained that it just isn't their night.

I thought Perry was our best player, he looked dangerous all night.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think Cam's been that great since he came back from injury honestly. At least not at the level he was at the start of the year.

Well I fully expect him to return to that form in the playoffs. He has a different level in the postseason. I was just hopeful that since he was playing that way the first half of the season that come this postseason he could hit an even higher level. But maybe not.

salsa man

SALSA
Nov 20, 2013
California
That's no PP's for us in either game against the Rangers right? Makes you wonder how they only have 80 something points.

because they're utter garbage. once lundqvist retires this myth of them being contenders will finally be done with.

unless their management finally figures out how to properly build a hockey team, and not just acquire all teh beeg namez

Teemu Salami

Empty Ketchup Bottle
May 9, 2013
Orange County, CA

I checked their GDT in the 1st period and it was complete pessimism and a Fowler joke, so maybe they really are the worst team ever and lack of penalty calls is keeping them afloat. :sarcasm:

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Fine with this loss, it was just a no bounce game. That goal to win it was just ridiculous bad luck, and anytime a team gets zero PPs it seems preordained that it just isn't their night.

I thought Perry was our best player, he looked dangerous all night.
Eh no, this was a game with mediocre effort and poor execution.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I disagree, I thought they played great and showed why they're still a top team. They really don't give you much.

Agreed. They can play tight defensive hockey with the best of them. That's how you win in the playoffs where a lot of games are the first to 2 goals. I'd have them with Tampa and Washington as the only real legitimate threats to come out of the East.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
the boys didnt play the same as they did ahainst the devils i will admit, but no calls against the rags? saw several picks away from the play, not to mention trips and interferences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad