Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 3, Avs win Series 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
I felt we could have won this one. Too bad we didn't see the same effort the last three games. That said, I think the Jets were doomed no matter what with the way the Avs were playing.

Still a good season. Looking forward to next year, hopefully with a new coach and a few new faces.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
A shame that we didn’t make adjustments earlier. Miller Scmidt pairing looked good.
Just not enough offense from our top players. Couldn’t our score the goals we were giving up.
I have no faults in Helles game.

A wholesale coaching staff change may be a breath of fresh air. I liked Bones but his job is done.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well I guess we atleast didn't give up and lay an egg in this elimination game. Still another pathetic playoff showing by this group.

Bones went out coaching the way he wanted to in the end. Back to CSV and Toffoli on the second.

Happy Cole got a game and some playoff experience. Looked pretty good for his first game and looks like he can handle the speed and grit just fine.

This org needs to figure out if they can take this core and get it over the hump in the playoffs. The first thing they need to do is manage Mark and Helle's minutes. Neither was good enough. We also need to get support for JoMo, he can't do it all on his own.

In the end I'm pretty disappointed in how this year ended, and in this team. Too many duds in the playoffs, Ehlers again with a poor series. Chevy struck out hard at the deadline as his acquisitions where non existent at best.

I don't want the coaching staff back and we need to make changes to the dcore. I'd be fine moving on from Chevy as well and bringing in some new thinking.

Last edited:

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I don’t watch playoff hockey once the Jets are out but I’m going to watch the next series the Avs play to see how many penalties they get and see them get knock around.
Seriously the few times the Jets did hit them they laid on ice like they were shot.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Hope we've seen the last of 27, 4, 73 on the roster. Too bad Rutger couldn't wait to see how the team ended the year because his concern of no spots available up front should be resolved after that display.

Worst thing Chevy can do is treat those 5 games as a small sample size and fall back on the regular season to judge the team.

Reactions: hockeyarena

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
I’ll take some solace in that they played pretty damn hard against a great team tonight and the officiating was sure questionable at times. Some of the adjustments in lineup and breakouts could have come earlier.
I feel way better than after last year tbh. A few changes in the off season will be welcome.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Ok, Ok, one more.

Coelacanth post of the evening.

@snowkiddin

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 10.41.50 PM.png

"On NHL 24 I traded Schmidt for Bedard and a 1st (ended up being Celebrini), so I would be looking at something like that this off-season."

Not sure why but this just slays. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

2e90e9b2e612738b92a94e8047e88afd8d3a0573.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad