Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils (no 1st win for NJ Devils)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Fayne and Josefson are playing Saturday vs. Rangers. Were already told. Not official, but looks like Larsson and Loktionov coming out.

Larsson the savior? The Larsson who will be better than Lidstrom?? How is this possible???

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Wow, Adam Larsson is getting yo-yoed worse than Kreider was. And this kid is supposed to be their blueline savior. It's okay, Urbom will shoulder the weight ;).

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
so our top line is basically gona have two guys playing hockey and one guy playing ghost and doing whatever it is he does

i give pyatt a couple shifts before AV realizes hes not gona do jack squat on the first line, give zucc or fast a shot at least their offensively capable

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
so our top line is basically gona have two guys playing hockey and one guy playing ghost and doing whatever it is he does

i give pyatt a couple shifts before AV realizes hes not gona do jack squat on the first line, give zucc or fast a shot at least their offensively capable

why are we catering the Pyatt? It's not like the guy has ever been THAT good of a player?
wait, here's why...
He had ONE good season from 06-07 where he scored 23 goals in 76 games. That's about .3 goals per game.... Over the last seven seasons, he's averaged 12.5 goals per year...
Guess what team that was?... Yep, you guessed it, the good ol' Canucks... It's no wonder AV still sees potential from him. It's too bad he can't realize that was 7 years ago...

Every other season has been under 15 goals with the exception of 2 (for 18 and 16 goals)... ****ing pathetic. His "game" the past 3 years has been awful

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31777

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
why are we catering the Pyatt? It's not like the guy has ever been THAT good of a player?
wait, here's why...
He had ONE good season from 06-07 where he scored 23 goals in 76 games. That's about .3 goals per game.... Over the last seven seasons, he's averaged 12.5 goals per year...
Guess what team that was?... Yep, you guessed it, the good ol' Canucks... It's no wonder AV still sees potential from him. It's too bad he can't realize that was 7 years ago...

Every other season has been under 15 goals with the exception of 2 (for 18 and 16 goals)... ****ing pathetic. His "game" the past 3 years has been awful

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31777

yea i dont get it maybe it will work out but i highly doubt it, AV clearly likes pyatt hes played him alot especially on the PK and pyatt has done well but he has no offensive talent whatsoever

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Richards - Brassard - Pyatt
Miller - Stepan - Zucc
Pouliot - Boyle - Fast
Powe - Moore - Dorsett

:help:

The Devils will also be extremely hungry looking for their first win. This has loss written all over it.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Larsson is a bust, Urbom is given away for free to the Caps where he's looking pretty damn good. The have a couple of middling Dmen prospects but no 1 or 2 Dman out of that bunch. They have absolutely no one at all with any offensive upside anywhere in their system.

They traded a first rounder for Schneider who is going to walk next year, they don't have a first this year and that would have been a very high pick. They're weighed down with so, so many bad contracts as well as Brodeur who now gives up 2-3 bad goals a game, up from the usual 1 bad goal a game that he's been at for the last few years. And finally, they have a horribly outmatched GM who hasn't known what to do since Lockout I. Also, Stevens looks clueless as part of Dum Dum DeBoer's staff. How much you want to bet that he gets the next head coaching staff job, after all MacLean had so much success.:laugh:

Having said all that, the game against the Rangers is like the Stanley Cup for the dead end Devils and their fans, the highlight of their abyssmal season. Let's just get this one under our belt and keep carrying on learning AV's system and turning things around during the big homestand.

Punxrocknyc19*

Richards - Brassard - Pyatt
Miller - Stepan - Zucc
Pouliot - Boyle - Fast
Powe - Moore - Dorsett

:help:

The Devils will also be extremely hungry looking for their first win. This has loss written all over it.

I don't know. No one knows more about Schneider than AV and his tendencies. This could be a good thing.. if he handles the puck well like Marty, Rangers should try to shoot the puck as much as possible.. look for those fluke/ugly goals

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
.865 ugh.

dude just needs to go away. his slowness has actually gotten slower.

hes a dick but hes had an amazing career. the longer he stays, the more he sullies his reputation. then again, let him stay...

:laugh:

I hate Brodeur as much, if not more than most Ranger fans...but there's pretty much nothing he can do on the ice to sully his reputation. He is solidly one of the six greatest goalies of all time, and nothing he does from here on out will change that (similar to Chelios's last few years in the NHL).

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
He didn't get any better when he was in the AHL. It's almost as if he plateaued. I assume he'll get over the hump one day, but I don't anticipate anything special from his career.

Wouldn't say it is as much plateud as it was his potential just being overrated.

No matter how smart you are, without a game breaking ability you won't be a premiere defenseman in the NHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Wouldn't say it is as much plateud as it was his potential just being overrated.

No matter how smart you are, without a game breaking ability you won't be a premiere defenseman in the NHL.

I say plateaued because I think he's the same guy as the day he was drafted. Just no real improvement or anything. Sort of weird.

*Bob Richards*

And it's his third season and he still looks as mediocre as his first game. Zero improvement is definitely a problem no matter how you look at it.

He can suck all he wants. Completely fine by me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad