Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils - February 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
According to Rule 46.15. It begins with "Any player wearing tape or any other material on his hands..."

It does not have to be just tape.

That said, Miller was not injured in the fight, therefore the rule does not apply to Kalinin.

I remember a few times back in the 80s a guy got tossed for having thrown punches with a taped up finger. I may be remembering wrong but I don't think you needed to cut someone to get a misconduct. Just the fact that you fought with tape was enough.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I don't follow.

2 things

first, i think our 4th line is made up our our "extra" forwards, scrubs or guys who are playing in the wrong spot. av doesnt seem to have a clue how to assemble an effective 4th line. remember james sheppard ? av continues to plug guys in the wrong spots and misuse players. so many examples to show this and not just with forwards.

second, stalberg should be a fixture on the 4th with dom more. build from there. glass should be in street clothes and we should have a big body banger on the other side. thats a real 4th line.

hrivik should be playing in place of either lindy or fast. thats the minutes he should be getting.

av is a clown.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I don't understand why line # matters one bit beyond the top line.

The should have lines that make sense, I don't care if what people refer to as a 4th liner is on the 3rd or 2nd line as long as it makes sense.

Backwards compatible, I don't care if a 2nd, 3rd liner plays on the 4th line.

Only reason the Rangers 4th line is so distinctively a 4th line is because of Glass.

Had AV used more talented player on the wings of Moore this and last year people would all be like, the Rangers don't have a 4th line, we have a 3rdA and 3rdB lines.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I didn't get back to you because I haven't had time to really do a thorough analysis and don't want to spend an hour or two at work on it.

PIMs aren't the indicator. Look up PP for and PP against. The Rangers are down at the bottom of PPs for. That's been that way for the last few years. Even if they don't get called for a lot, and frankly, the Rangers don't take many penalties, they certainly don't get many penalties called on their opponents.

And it's not just penalties. How many reviews go against the Rangers that are OBVIOUS that they shouldn't?

Those are the things you could excuse if they went both ways. They just don't. When does it chance from a "missed call" to a trend to a bias?

I don't know how to access what you are referring to. Could you please point me to it.

Thank you.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I don't understand why line # matters one bit beyond the top line.

The should have lines that make sense, I don't care if what people refer to as a 4th liner is on the 3rd or 2nd line as long as it makes sense.

Backwards compatible, I don't care if a 2nd, 3rd liner plays on the 4th line.

Only reason the Rangers 4th line is so distinctively a 4th line is because of Glass.

Had AV used more talented player on the wings of Moore this and last year people would all be like, the Rangers don't have a 4th line, we have a 3rdA and 3rdB lines.

Good points. People use the term "fourth line" to mean players who have hockey skill but are not great offensive players because they lack elite stickhandling/passing/vision/quickness.

In reality a good "fourth line" can get more minutes than the "third line."

So frustrating what AV's done with our fourth line.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
A really bad game.. It`s a shame to be honest. :(
And I am not really done with it yet - just in general annoyed while I watched the late AV interview quote AV: 2nd. period was the worst of the year.

:)

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats?category=SPECIAL TEAMS&team=1

Rangers are dead last in power play opportunities.

They have been shorthanded 19 more times than have had power plays.

Thanks.

I went through the 15 years of data they have and over that time span the Rangers are middle of the pack as far as power play time. Same story for how often they were short-handed.

This doesn't follow your assertion that the league has it in for the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad