GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It is a shame that some fans act like it is a chore or just do not care to watch these games...too bad because they missed an amazing hockey game and once again missed our kids step up! We are watching the future. Hoping on these kids and rooting them on are well worth the price of admission and a seat on my couch to watch them on TV.

To be fair sometimes it is a chore lol. Not tonight though. Very fun game with all the right guys playing well. There's nothing worse than an old stinky team. I don't mind being bad when we have a bunch of kids in the lineup.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He's been fantastic. He looked like one of the best players in camp, and he looks like he can more than hold his own in the NHL. He reminds me of Henrique with a better shot. It remains to be seen if he has the same knack for big moments, but I think he's gonna be good. Zacha to Blandisi to Quenneville who finishes it. That should put a smile on everyones face.

He's a way better playmaker than Rico. Rick Kowalsky's been raving about him all year. Says he has an elite skillset.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
If and when we become good again, remember nights like this.

Seeing teams grow from the ground-up is one of the best parts.

Amen. There is nothing better than watching the kids grow up.

I remember Shanny and Dano, Nieds and Marty, and Elias and Sykora and the down times are what make the good times so sweet.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Winnik is a guy I don't wanna touch, he's a guy that will get a dumb contract and he'll produce 10-12 points here. I'm not sure if it will be as bad as what Weise got, but I'd rather stay away.

Vrbata is 35 and I'm skeptical of a 2 year deal for him, he'll be 36 next year. I'd take Vanek as the Stempniak/Parenteau stop gap though.

Winnik is more just like an idea. Vrbata always manages to produce as well and maybe we can get some Czech chemistry with Zacha.

I would really like to see us add a bottom six player that is versatile that our kids can lean on. I hoped Fiddler would do that, but he was disappointing. I would love for us to add a guy that can teach the kids like Coleman/Pietila what it takes to be an every day energy forward or even one that gives the young kids some tricks in the dirty areas of the game.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Did we even see Lovejoy in OT?:laugh:

Don't worry I double checked late into the OT in disbelief not seeing him.

Now I'm one of the most outspoken Hynes critics. I think he should get fired. But I'll be honest, he's done a bit better as of late with his distribution minutes and player personnel management.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey

Now I'm one of the most outspoken Hynes critics. I think he should get fired. But I'll be honest, he's done a bit better as of late with his distribution minutes and player personnel management.

He's learning still too. We'll see how the team does next year

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I didn't think so. Sounds like a good plan going forward.

With Greene, Moore, Severson and even Merrill and Santini, he's reigned in Lovejoy's usage on 3-on-3.

Lovejoy was used when we had Quincey, Auvitu, and a struggling Merrill in the line-up.

Now we have 6 viable OT options. We've been using Lovejoy lately on defensive zone face-offs where he comes off the ice as soon as we gain possession.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's a way better playmaker than Rico. Rick Kowalsky's been raving about him all year. Says he has an elite skillset.

Henrique is actually quite smart and a good playmaker when he wants to be. He's just so damn streaky. Some nights he looks great and others he's the worst player on the team.

It's early to say JQ is way better at anything than Henrique IMO, but the two remind me of each other in the way they play the game. I think JQ has the potential to be at least every bit as good as Henrique is when Henrique is at his best.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Because he's finally had guys he can rely on of late. He's got Bennett and Blandisi playing well. He has a first line that's dictating play. Zacha's line has been solid and Coleman/Pietila have a way of not being a complete liability which is nice from a fourth line. Add Wood on their wing and it gives them a dynamic that's hard to defend.

Hynes has looked like a good coach when the team's rolling. He even split up Greene - Lovejoy and Merrill - Santini for a while there and that's when we started turning back around in the third period.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Henrique is actually quite smart and a good playmaker when he wants to be. He's just so damn streaky. Some nights he looks great and others he's the worst player on the team.

It's early to say JQ is way better at anything than Henrique IMO, but the two remind me of each other in the way they play the game. I think JQ has the potential to be at least every bit as good as Henrique is when Henrique is at his best.

Granted it was about 2 games when JQ made his first stint up back in the fall, but we've seen significant improvements in his game from that stint to this current one.

Promising and hopefully he continues to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad