GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I think he's one of the only legit defenseman they have. Girardi (who didn't play tonight or maybe we would have had 40 shots of our own LOL) is as bad as Lovejoy or maybe even worse. Staal isn't all that good anymore either.

Holden has actually been pretty decent for them and AV refuses to use Skjei who typically plays very well for them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really, really hope we add quality depth players on short-term deals and try to be competitive.

Make the kids earn their spots, but not have them playing with scrubs like Parenteau and Josefson if they do.

I don't think Parenteau is a bad player to have them playing with, I thought he was fine here.

Josefson, Coleman, Pietila, Rooney (hopefully we'll never see him again) whatever guys Blandisi played with last year. Kennedy, I'm sure he was with Pietila at some point last March/April. Tootoo was injured, so it wasn't him. Probably Kalinin at some point. Definitely don't wanna see them with any of those guys.

Add DSP to that list, this is the first game we've given up a ton of shots without having a fairly high volume ourselves, since he's been injured. If I'm not mistaken. We allowed a bunch against Pittsburgh, but at least had 37 of our own or something like that.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yup, I recall you've been one of the bigger proponents of him. Blandisi's emergence over the last 4-6 weeks has actually been one of the most important things that has happened to the team this season. He gives us an additional center we could use. In a team that struggles drastically possession wise, he's showing glimpses of driving possession. You see the talent to produce to when he makes plays like he did tonight. There's just no way this guy shouldn't be at least a third liner for us next year. People say I'm pessimistic, but with the right line mates, I honestly think this guys could turn into a top 6 player for us. I'm higher on him than perhaps anyone else on this board.

And agreed on JQ. The intelligence/vision wowed me. I don't know if he'll ever become a stud, but this guy looks like he's another guy similar to Bennett who will make the smart players and chip in points wise decently if surrounded by the right players. Type of guys we need.

I think Blandisi can turn into a Mathieu Perreault-lite type guy. 30-40 points bringing offense to the middle 6 and driving possession.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Holden has actually been pretty decent for them and AV refuses to use Skjei who typically plays very well for them.

I think AV is a really bad coach, overrated and gets jocked because his teams usually make the playoffs. I don't think he was always bad, but he's really stubborn these days.

Also constantly scratches Buchnevich, while giving Vesey a bunch of rope. Buchnevich is the young guy there that I'm jealous of, not frickin Vesey.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't think Parenteau is a bad player to have them playing with, I thought he was fine here.

Josefson, Coleman, Pietila, Rooney (hopefully we'll never see him again) whatever guys Blandisi played with last year. Kennedy, I'm sure he was with Pietila at some point last March/April. Tootoo was injured, so it wasn't him. Probably Kalinin at some point. Definitely don't wanna see them with any of those guys.

Add DSP to that list, this is the first game we've given up a ton of shots without having a fairly high volume ourselves, since he's been injured. If I'm not mistaken. We allowed a bunch against Pittsburgh, but at least had 37 of our own or something like that.

There's a step up from those guys.

I'd love to see us add a guy like Vanek/Vrbata on two year deals. Both are good middle-six forwards at this point. I'd love to add another guy like Winnik but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Injuries are going to happen, guys are going to go cold, I'd just rather us call up JQ/Blandisi or whoever els is playing well rather than dip into rookies or have to go to the waiver wire for guys like Noesen. Even then, when they come up, they aren't playing with two other rookies; they're playing with quality NHL players.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I try not to get too excited with these kids because we've seen them come up, look good in small samples, and then not really turn out. But Blandisi clearly has the skill to play at this level, even if just as a bottom 6 forward. Quenneville, every time I watch him I see a smart hockey player. I'm just not sure what his offensive ceiling is.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Yup, I recall you've been one of the bigger proponents of him. Blandisi's emergence over the last 4-6 weeks has actually been one of the most important things that has happened to the team this season. He gives us an additional center we could use. In a team that struggles drastically possession wise, he's showing glimpses of driving possession. You see the talent to produce to when he makes plays like he did tonight. There's just no way this guy shouldn't be at least a third liner for us next year. People say I'm pessimistic, but with the right line mates, I honestly think this guys could turn into a top 6 player for us. I'm higher on him than perhaps anyone else on this board.

And agreed on JQ. The intelligence/vision wowed me. I don't know if he'll ever become a stud, but this guy looks like he's another guy similar to Bennett who will make the smart players and chip in points wise decently if surrounded by the right players. Type of guys we need.

I'm big on Blandisi too, he's going to do some things that coaches will hate from time to time, but he can pass the puck and while he's never going to be a big shooter it looks like he can score goals. Even though he was basically a ghost for his last 20 games here last season he was still not getting creamed in possession, which was a good sign. They sent him to Albany this year to fix stuff and it looks like he's fixed a lot of it, which is good, because he's waiver-eligible next season and based on these games there's no way he should get through (or be exposed to waivers).

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
What a beautiful goal to end it. Always great to beat the Rags.

Quenneville's elite hockey IQ on display on that goal. He said it himself that he crossed with Blandisi so he could be on his forehand to draw the defenseman to him. Kid is smart and has a nice future in this league.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If Schneider is going to emulate Marty, that's all I want to see him do. Playing the puck behind the net, the side of the net, in front of the net is a circus

Like Pavlov's Dog, I now have a flinching reaction whenever Schneider attempts to play the puck.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's pretty flashy from what I've seen. Really fun to watch.

He's been fantastic. He looked like one of the best players in camp, and he looks like he can more than hold his own in the NHL. He reminds me of Henrique with a better shot. It remains to be seen if he has the same knack for big moments, but I think he's gonna be good. Zacha to Blandisi to Quenneville who finishes it. That should put a smile on everyones face.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I try not to get too excited with these kids because we've seen them come up, look good in small samples, and then not really turn out. But Blandisi clearly has the skill to play at this level, even if just as a bottom 6 forward. Quenneville, every time I watch him I see a smart hockey player. I'm just not sure what his offensive ceiling is.

That was a very smart play in a very big moment for a rookie.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
If and when we become good again, remember nights like this.

Seeing teams grow from the ground-up is one of the best parts.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's a step up from those guys.

I'd love to see us add a guy like Vanek/Vrbata on two year deals. Both are good middle-six forwards at this point. I'd love to add another guy like Winnik but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Injuries are going to happen, guys are going to go cold, I'd just rather us call up JQ/Blandisi or whoever els is playing well rather than dip into rookies or have to go to the waiver wire for guys like Noesen. Even then, when they come up, they aren't playing with two other rookies; they're playing with quality NHL players.

Winnik is a guy I don't wanna touch, he's a guy that will get a dumb contract and he'll produce 10-12 points here. I'm not sure if it will be as bad as what Weise got, but I'd rather stay away.

Vrbata is 35 and I'm skeptical of a 2 year deal for him, he'll be 36 next year. I'd take Vanek as the Stempniak/Parenteau stop gap though.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
That was a great win... Hynes actually made me happy in the overtime. Seeing Zacha, Blandisi, Quenneville, and Wood in the overtime was awesome to watch.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
It is a shame that some fans act like it is a chore or just do not care to watch these games...too bad because they missed an amazing hockey game and once again missed our kids step up! We are watching the future. Hoping on these kids and rooting them on are well worth the price of admission or a seat on my couch to watch them on TV.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was a great win... Hynes actually made me happy in the overtime. Seeing Zacha, Blandisi, Quenneville, and Wood in the overtime was awesome to watch.

Did we even see Lovejoy in OT?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad