GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Cory has played the most games of any goalie on his team for 5 straight years (granted he only played a few more than Marty in 2013-14, but that was just an awkward situation all around) and has finished with a save percentage of .921 or better the 4 years prior to this one. Call me crazy, but I tend to think those 4 years are more indicative of his play than the down season he's having.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Last night was the first game that I've been thoroughly invested in and entertained by in a LONG time. Fantastic game and I'm loving the kids.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
Seeing some of the highlights now. JQ's goal was a work of art right down to Zacha, my what a slick little move to create some room for himself and then find Blandisi down-low, who than made a nasty pass to JQ. And JQ's shot was perfect. The future!!

Those two have legitimate bottom six ability but can we please end the Lappin/Coleman experiment at the end of the season?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Those two have legitimate bottom six ability but can we please end the Lappin/Coleman experiment at the end of the season?

I'm not limiting either JQ or Blandisi to bottom six upside.

I'm also not against penciling in Coleman and Lappin as 4th liners next year.

217 Forever

Sep 15, 2014
I'm not limiting either JQ or Blandisi to bottom six upside.

I'm also not against penciling in Coleman and Lappin as 4th liners next year.

On your first point, if those two can eventually be better than bottom six that would be great (obviously). Regarding Lappin and Coleman, you must be seeing something that I'm just not.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
On your first point, if those two can eventually be better than bottom six that would be great (obviously). Regarding Lappin and Coleman, you must be seeing something that I'm just not.

I'm not starting a petition for those guys, and I'll admit each has been fairly disapointing this season in NJ, but as 4th liners? I'd be OK with giving either another go of it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I know it's whatever, and it's fun giving the young guys some props, but Schneid's was first star last night. Very good #'s, and at least 3 epic saves.

Did they do a complete rundown of his highlights from last night?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I know it's whatever, and it's fun giving the young guys some props, but Schneid's was first star last night. Very good #'s, and at least 3 epic saves.

Did they do a complete rundown of his highlights from last night?

But, but, but, he could have stopped one of them !!!!!!!!!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
To be fair to Steve, I didn't know it went in initially either.

I also need to give credit to Bettman. 3-on-3 OT >>>>>>> SO. They should just get rid of the SO. After 5 minutes of extra time, there shouldn't be any "dissatisfaction" about a tie. It would also bring back the excitement of a penalty shot

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Huh? I don't think he was over the top at all, especially since he clearly had no idea it went in originally.

Which is a shame, because it was a hell of a goal.

That was painful to listen to with the ridiculously long pause. Matt's call was at least not awkward.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That was painful to listen to with the ridiculously long pause. Matt's call was at least not awkward.

Yeah Cangy botched the OT goal call.
Maybe if they were located higher up he would have a clearer view of seeing pucks go into the net or not?

Did anyone post Matt's call of the OT winner?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Huh? I don't think he was over the top at all, especially since he clearly had no idea it went in originally.

Which is a shame, because it was a hell of a goal.

Agreed. I was at the game and didn't get a chance to watch the replay yet. I would hardly compare his reaction to that of a Stanley Cup winning goal.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Yeah Cangy botched the OT goal call.
Maybe if they were located higher up he would have a clearer view of seeing pucks go into the net or not?

Did anyone post Matt's call of the OT winner?

Matt's call was more over the top than Steve's. But still, so what? Enjoy the moment for what it was and move on.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Here's the full OT: https://streamable.com/hq0uf

What a crazy couple of minutes. Some of the best highlights of the year. Two crazy saves by Cory, awesome move and near finish from Hall, and JQ's beautiful dish to Blender for the winner. Great stuff.

As Devil fans we obviously hate to see so many rag fans in our building. But we do have to admit it makes for a uniquely exciting back and forth from the crowd. From the moment Hayes has that step on Blender, to Shcneid's making that stop, to Q getting the puck in open ice, to Blender scoring, you just won't see that type of reaction in most arenas.

The stop by Schneid's was probably the epitome of that. you can see the Rag fans in the bottom left of the screen were so ready to win that, only to have it ripped away, and the Dev fans reacting.

Really great stuff.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
This was the best game of the season in terms of the future. I couldn't be more giddy about our win and play of the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad