Confirmed with Link: Rangers claim F Jake Leschyshyn

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
end-it-now-picard.gif
Season Three is off to a great start. Episode two: to watch midnight Thursday, or post-Rangers vs. Detroit is the question.

hey so what happened to "he'll go to Hartford if he sucks"? just asking since some of you were so confident in it.

It's time to waive him. Either put Kravatov in and move Vesey to the 4th line with Goodrow/Motte, or waive him and call Cullye up......to play on the fourth line with Goodrow/Motte.

Reactions: egelband

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Is it written in the NYR constitution that we must always have at least one completely useless horrible non-NHL caliber player on the ice at all times?
Leschyshyn
Carpenter
Harpur
Nemeth
McKegg
Johnson
Glass
McLeod

Etc
Seriously. I feel like I have had this convo with my wife every game for years.

I'd suggest the fans on Monday boo JL every time he touches the puck to indicate their displeasure with his inclusion in the lineup to the front office, but he doesn't touch the puck.

Last edited:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Is it written in the NYR constitution that we must always have at least one completely useless horrible non-NHL caliber player on the ice at all times?
Leschyshyn
Carpenter
Harpur
Nemeth
McKegg
Johnson
Glass
McLeod

Etc

Has to be a Sather Old Boys' club backroom secret handshake deal or something.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
I figured it out. they want the rest of the league to get enough bad tape on him so he passes through waivers and can go to Hartford. Mission accomplished. Play Kravtsov in the top 9. Bring up Brodzinski. Put Vesey on the 4th line. Play 11 forwards. The only bad decision is playing leschyshyn.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He's been worse than the Jeffs (Toms and Taffe), Jason Krog, Jarrott Stoll, any of the bottom sixers that came up from the AHL in 2010-11 when the Rangers had the shot blocking injuries (Kolarik, Dupont, Byers, Williams, Grachev), or any of the bottom sixers the Rangers brought in for the first half of 2012-13 when they had depth issues (Halpern, Pyatt, Ferrerio, Newbury, Powe).

Jason Arnott's Rangers career > Leschyshyn

That bad.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He's been worse than the Jeffs (Toms and Taffe), Jason Krog, Jarrott Stoll, any of the bottom sixers that came up from the AHL in 2010-11 when the Rangers had the shot blocking injuries (Kolarik, Dupont, Byers, Williams, Grachev), or any of the bottom sixers the Rangers brought in for the first half of 2012-13 when they had depth issues (Halpern, Pyatt, Ferrerio, Newbury, Powe).

Jason Arnott's Rangers career > Leschyshyn

That bad.
Man I was hyped about Ben Ferrerio lol

• Haha
Reactions: Roo Returns

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People often appeal to the authority of the professionals running the teams, and I get it.

Sure. I don't know how to run a hockey team day-to-day or how to scout or whatever. It's hard.

This part is easy. I'm sorry, but putting together decent 4th lines and identifying garbage f***ing players is easy and I don't understand how the people paid to do this keep getting it wrong.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Leschyshyn
Carpenter
Harpur
Nemeth
McKegg
Johnson
Glass
McLeod

Etc
can't forget Darroll Powe ...

It's weird. I guess it's a Sather thing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Leschyshyn
Carpenter
Harpur
Nemeth
McKegg
Johnson
Glass
McLeod

Etc
Most other guys on this list read like a Hall of Fame induction ceremony program with Leschyshyn there.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I don't often agree with alot of the GG lineup questioners on here....

but this one is a hard agree. He doesn't even pass the eye test as a physical, quick bottom 6 forward out there...he just kind of takes up space and skates around doing a whole lot of nothing

inranger94

Oct 18, 2019
Leschyshyn
Carpenter
Harpur
Nemeth
McKegg
Johnson
Glass
McLeod

Etc
Pretty much every single NHL team has 1 to 2 non-nhl caliber players. That’s what expansion does. Waters down the talent plus it’s a cheap labor.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
can't forget Darroll Powe ...

It's weird. I guess it's a Sather thing.
It's a hockey thing.

It's an old boys club where everyone gets off on "hustle" and players who have to sweat bullets just to make it to the blueline because their feet and brains are 3 seconds behind the play stand out.

Leschyshyn is on another level.

My cousin played Minor Junior for a number of years. I used to go to the games. NHL draftees would occasionally come and go. Anybody good enough didn't last long. He briefly played against Jeremy Bracco and was "teammates" with Tage Thompson although Tage Thompson played on the "good" squad, it was like varsity. A goalie of theirs got drafted by the Bruins. 99% of them have 9-5 jobs now and that's as far as they went.

Jake Leschyshyn would not look out of place with these guys.

Fun fact: my cousin told me in 2013 that Jeremy Bracco sucked and that he couldn't believe he was getting draft interest. Sure enough, he never played an NHL game. That's funny to me.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Pretty much every single NHL team has 1 to 2 non-nhl caliber players. That’s what expansion does. Waters down the talent plus it’s a cheap labor.
Other teams fill the ranks with prospects. Sure maybe they’re not nhl ready quite yet but there’s upside there and they get valuable experience. We like to throw in guys with no upside and let the peripheral kids rot in the press box.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00