Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Was at the Islander game last week which sucked, then was at the game today which was better but still gave up too many chances

I did meet St. Louis, Glass, Stempniak this morning and met Rosen and Micheletti this evening since we stayed at the same hotel as them! Joe and Sam are incredible guys and Glass is a surprisingly cool dude as well

Traveling to Pittsburgh for the next game as well, 3 rows from the ice ;)

Keep it up boys LGR

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I also wanted to reiterate something that was said in the GDT: McDonagh has been abhorrent for a good portion of the year. He had one good stretch where he looked good, now back to looking terrible. Yet he escapes any major criticism.

He, above anyone else on the team, has fallen below expectations.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I also wanted to reiterate something that was said in the GDT: McDonagh has been abhorrent for a good portion of the year. He had one good stretch where he looked good, now back to looking terrible. Yet he escapes any major criticism.

Hagelin sucks

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Anybody else notice Kreider in the 1st get angry when his pp unit got yanked after like 15 seconds?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Who knew that Stepan comes back into the lineup and the team looks dominant again. Do not underestimate the importance of Stepan to this lineup, he and Nash are carrying this team.

GFiP*

We can always count on hank to end a losing streak by stealing a game. Thanks hank.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I agree it shouldn't be a goal, but 80.3 doesn't talk about double-delections. The puck went off Bob and then off Hartnell; this it wasn't deflected into the goal. If 80.3 is relevant as it wasn't directed into the goal should it have reverted to 80.1 and the high-stick waved off?

I'm not even sure Klein touched the puck.

I agree with you, I don't think the rule was applied correctly.

The intent is to stop a player from high stick-deflecting the puck into the goaltender in such a way that it would then bounce into the goal.

This was a clear case of the puck being played by Bob into Hartnell.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Who knew that Stepan comes back into the lineup and the team looks dominant again. Do not underestimate the importance of Stepan to this lineup, he and Nash are carrying this team.

Yes, Stepan is important, but dominant isn't the word I'd use to describe last night's performance.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Hank, meet decline.

692.gif

Remarkable, eh?

Inching closer and closer to his career numbers - now @ .919%/2.27GAA

Amazing how people on this board dump on this guy and he puts up the same ****ing numbers every year for almost a decade - and they are damned good numbers.

When it's all said and done, he'll be around 5th all time in wins for an NHL goalie.

rangersbaby

Sep 29, 2011
Yes, Stepan is important, but dominant isn't the word I'd use to describe last night's performance.

Yes Dominant is exactly the right word.
Here are last nights scoring chances only one thing stands out. Stepan was directly involved in every one of them. Not a clip other than the Klein high stick goal that he wasnt in on.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20142015,2,656&navid=sb:highlights

This team is a completely different team when he is in the lineup.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL

In fairness, McDonagh's expectations were a Norris trophy. To say he fell below those expectations is obvious. He has to be battling some kind of injury, I don't know.

To me, Kreider is right there with McDonagh as far as below expectations. I want to patient with him, but I just feel like we have another enigma on our hands. One day he won't be a Ranger and he'll go on to scoring 30 goals and 60 points a season. Have to stay patient, but yeah. Those two for me are far below what I expected this season.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
In fairness, McDonagh's expectations were a Norris trophy. To say he fell below those expectations is obvious. He has to be battling some kind of injury, I don't know.

To me, Kreider is right there with McDonagh as far as below expectations. I want to patient with him, but I just feel like we have another enigma on our hands. One day he won't be a Ranger and he'll go on to scoring 30 goals and 60 points a season. Have to stay patient, but yeah. Those two for me are far below what I expected this season.

In all fairness Jinx, I'm getting a little tired with the few level, logical posts like this one I've seen scattered around these boards.

Either you respond with knee jerk, rabid intensity, or you GTFO HF Boards!

I happen to enjoy reading through pages of inane comments.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City

I said in the GDT I think he needs a conditioning stint in the AHL. Hes been pretty awful.

Kreider is weird. It does seem like every game he gets a breakaway. He just needs to consistently bury them. Hes had some bad games though.

Lastly, we are definitely lost without Stepan.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Agreed 100% he's not the same player this season. He's not moving his feet enough, he's stopping skating and reaching with his stick all the time, constantly giving pucks away and forcing offensive plays when they're not there.

Honestly he looks like he took too long of a break over the summer. Like his legs aren't there. His endurance used to he a strength and now it looks like he's conditioned well enough.

For the majority this season he's looked how he did when he was injured last playoffs.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I mean, I know it's just stats but McDonagh has had good point totals and +/-. He had a great stretch but it looks like he's struggling again. I don't think he's sucked all season, just has been inconsistent.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Totally Stepan is so crucial to making those little breakout passes out of defensive or neutral zone not to mention on powerplay. Not making any excuses but it's definitely a reason after first period against islanders we looked like crap.
A pass like he made to Kreider is so important to take advantage of our speed down the left side especially when teams clog up the neutral zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad