Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I haven't read the rule book, but my question is this: if a player hits it with a high stick and the opposing team plays it then it's a good play....then why is it if a player hit it with a high stick and the opposing player stops the puck then another opposing player decides to kick it in his own goal it is disallowed?

Directly from the rule book:

gcK0K3O.png

I have no idea how that was disallowed. I've only seen the behind the net angle, but I assume that there are other angles that make it obvious that the puck was directed in off of Hartnell. If that's the case, this is a pretty blatant instance of 80.1.ii. Meh.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I agree it shouldn't be a goal, but 80.3 doesn't talk about double-delections. The puck went off Bob and then off Hartnell; this it wasn't deflected into the goal. If 80.3 is relevant as it wasn't directed into the goal should it have reverted to 80.1 and the high-stick waved off?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So what does AV see in glass? He can't legitimately believe that a lineup with Glass in it I better than JT Miller.

He's all pissed Miller played bad against the Bruins? Okay, he was also playing out of position. And Glass looked good enough for AV to rave about to the media and keep in the lineup.

Is this the twilight zone? Am I missing something?

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
So what does AV see in glass? He can't legitimately believe that a lineup with Glass in it I better than JT Miller.

He's all pissed Miller played bad against the Bruins? Okay, he was also playing out of position. And Glass looked good enough for AV to rave about to the media and keep in the lineup.

Is this the twilight zone? Am I missing something?

No idea. It's not like Miller is the only one that played bad against the Bruins.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Glass has already met all expectations put on him for this season. JTM has not.

JTM is still the better player. I really hope AV is just trying to motivate Miller. That's the only explanation that makes sense. Still, I don't know if coaches can afford to motivate players by playing worse lineups. There's a lot of incentive towards winning in the short term.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
JTM is still the better player. I really hope AV is just trying to motivate Miller. That's the only explanation that makes sense. Still, I don't know if coaches can afford to motivate players by playing worse lineups. There's a lot of incentive towards winning in the short term.

Oh believe me I know. AV had said that Glass was meeting expectations though. That makes some sense. AV had absurdly low expectations for Glass so he's never disappointed and Glass plays on a semi-regular basis, despite being a completely incapable hockey player.

2 more years! 2 more years! 2 more years!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh believe me I know. AV had said that Glass was meeting expectations though. That makes some sense. AV had absurdly low expectations for Glass so he's never disappointed and Glass plays on a semi-regular basis, despite being a completely incapable hockey player.

He criticized him before. Maybe he didn't want to trash him. He should NEVER play over Miller when healthy. Miller may make some mistakes, but not like Glass is some defensive guru.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Didn't watch the 3rd good win guys Marc Staal 100% winning percentage with the new contract still don't like Glass see you guys next game weehoo

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He criticized him before. Maybe he didn't want to trash him. He should NEVER play over Miller when healthy. Miller may make some mistakes, but not like Glass is some defensive guru.

Exactly. Even if Miller absolutely sucked defensively (which is a bit of a reach to say), Tanner Glass is 10X worse and has 0 offense.

GF60 .234
GA60 3.046
ESGF% 7%

Just abysmal

NYRangerFan*

This was a huge game and i'm happy we came out with 2 points but we had 3 shots in the third? Can't sit back like that

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
BTW, Kreider and MSL have both looked really good lately.

Kreider especially, finally playing the way he should be and it's great to see. The guy is a force who changes the pace of the game when he's on. He did it all playoffs, even vs the Kings, just couldn't finish his breakaways vs Quick.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

Glass "should" be gone after this year to free up cap room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad