Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
“@NYRangers: #NYR @HLundqvist30 now has at least 30 wins in 9 of his first 10 NHL seasons, becoming the 1st goalie in NHL history to accomplish the feat.â€

That is extra impressive when you take into account that it isn't until the last couple of seasons that we been a really good team.

For many seasons it was the other teams vs. Hank basically.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
We already have the team. No need to build it around him, just place him on the wing and let him rip.

He is such a side show distraction. I wouldn't want him.

He should be ashamed of how he played today. I know he had a goal, but this was for the Capital's home ice.

To be honest, the worst thing the Capitals did was take Ovechkin instead of Shrek [yes, it's hindsight].

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Caps don't really fit that 'heavy' classification, not for me. Kings and Bruins do that stuff more effectively.
I just don't think the Caps have any great strength outside of their not-so-secret weapon. He scored today. Where were the rest of them?
Answer: they are not that good.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
President's Trophy.
Team record for wins.
Team record for points.
Lundqvist NHL record for 30-win seasons to start a season (would've been 10-for-10 if not for the lockout).
Nash career best 42 goals (in only 79 games).
Brassard career best 60 points.
Three young forwards step up to become regulars (Hayes, Miller, Fast).

What a pleasure this regular season has been to watch. Bring on the playoffs!

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
I dont think people understand how ****ing awesome that is. He is consistency embodied.

Oh you are so correct, it is absurd the lack of respect he gets. Carey Price is having a remarkable year no question, but he's no Lundqvist overall. Just look at The Numbers with the amount of games he's played. And he has been on some pretty average teams. Only missed the playoffs once, which came down to a shootout the very last game. He really needs a Stanley Cup.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He is such a side show distraction. I wouldn't want him.

He should be ashamed of how he played today. I know he had a goal, but this was for the Capital's home ice.

To be honest, the worst thing the Capitals did was take Ovechkin instead of Shrek [yes, it's hindsight].

I believe he needs to move away from that joke of a franchise and get the C stripped. He needs to be surrounded by winning mentality and i think that the Rangers can provide that for him and also to hold him accountable for his defensive plays.

Either way, its a pipe dream right now but who knows...

pucksoup

Apr 3, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Right now the odds are we will play the Pens in the first round with the Senators winning. The Pens would have to lose to Buffalo and Boston would have to beat Tampa for that to change.
Looks like Boston will be out. Doesn't bother me at all for some reason.

Detroit is still possible...they need at least a point to avoid 2nd wild card spot (assuming Pens win).

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Oh you are so correct, it is absurd the lack of respect he gets. Carey Price is having a remarkable year no question, but he's no Lundqvist overall. Just look at The Numbers with the amount of games he's played. And he has been on some pretty average teams. Only missed the playoffs once, which came down to a shootout the very last game. He really needs a Stanley Cup.

This is the season :yo:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Good win for us. Went into their rink and pretty much kept them quiet the whole night.

Happy with Glass tonight. Broke up a potential 2/3 on 1--got an assist--a +1 for the game and pretty much turned the tables on Gleason in the fight after Gleason jumped him.

Hayes continues to impress. We hit a home run with players on base when we signed him. 45 points as a rookie third line center. He's just getting started. Just saying--going back to our prospect poll--no way he shouldn't have been anything but No. 1.

Thought Summers looked okay against Ottawa and he was pretty good today. Not that he should be a regular in our lineup but he looks like he'll be okay if there's an emergency situation.

Congrats to Henrik on his 30th win--Brassard on his 100th regular season NHL goal--Moore for the game winner and getting to double figures in goals. Rangers finished with 16 players with 20 points or more for this season which shows balance.

Congrats to the team for franchise records in wins, road wins, points in a season.

And so now it's time to really get down to business and win a Stanley Cup. The cake is baked--all we need now is the icing.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thank you Blueshirts. Congrats on the record(s) and good luck in the playoffs, you have a great team. Still can't stand you guys though :)

Thanks. The feeling is mutual ;)

That Islanders fan who proudly told the entire nation on national tv that her son was conceived in a parking lot after a play off game in the 1980sss. Damn, that's golden!

BoWmEn

Canadian Rangers Fan
Mar 10, 2012
Ontario
The Rangers do need to have a more consistent PP in the playoffs. They should learn how to utilize Flower Power the right way.
NottM.gif

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
pls rangers try umbrella PP pla

I've been saying this all year. They have the personnel to do it also.

On a side note, MSL looked great today. Jumping on pucks and making smart, short, saavy passes. Hope he takes this into the playoffs

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
I don't think much of Trotz after having his team play like that. Was quite worried that one of the many slashes and cross-checks would injure a Ranger.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My only qualm about this game is that we left a guy with 53 goals wide open again. Like how does that keep happening? :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00