Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I see them having trouble with bigger teams that take away the middle of the ice. So until the beat the bigger, heavy teams in the playoffs, I will continue to think that they should be avoided.

First it was they can't beat big teams.

They've beaten Boston, Nashville, the Isles twice, Washingon, and Detroit since.

Now it's "they can't do it in the playoffs".

Swift goal-post shift there.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
3 GA at even strength in our last 5.

Frankly it should be 2 since Lee's shouldn't have counted.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Most mentally fringe team in the NHL?

That sentence starts and ends with Pittsbrugh. You get their superstar drama queen off his rocker and the game is as good as over. Not to mention Fleury's confidence turns into swiss cheese just as easy.

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Really?
The game is over already? I have slept, to prepare for a night with no sleep.

2 points though. I`l take it. And gonna be a homie and vote Zuc, for passing Espen Knutsen 207 games record for a Norwegian player.
Congratulation Zucca, for your NHL game # 208

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Wow, our 1st line doesnt show up, and besides for one shift in the 3rd when they scored our 2nd line didnt either and we still won..I like!

Cam was a ****ing beast tonight.

Ouch
I got a bittersweet thought right now, but not gonna type it. But what if..........., and then Hank still injured?
Poor guy iff..................................................

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I remember when that was clearly us.

I don't remember having the third worst winning % when allowing the 1st goal. They lose when being scored on first 81.2% of the time. When things don't go right for them they get frustrated and start running around like idiots.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't remember having the third worst winning % when allowing the 1st goal. They lose when being scored on first 81.2% of the time. When things don't go right for them they get frustrated and start running around like idiots.

To start the season last year we were like 10-1 when scoring first and 1-10 when being scored on first.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
To start the season last year we were like 10-1 when scoring first and 1-10 when being scored on first.

This isnt the start of the season though, its almost the end. Their record isnt going to change.We finished 13th when trailing first last year. Not the same as the caps.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
First it was they can't beat big teams.

They've beaten Boston, Nashville, the Isles twice, Washingon, and Detroit since.

Now it's "they can't do it in the playoffs".

Swift goal-post shift there.

You're talking to the guy who has been saying "they can't" for almost two full seasons now. It's always something.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
How big an impact will Kleins injury have on our chances for the Presidents Trophy I wonder

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Well, with Boston now a measly 2 pts back of Washington with a game in hand, I hope everyone enjoyed last night's preview of Capitals/Rangers Rd. (friggin again?) FIVE.

Oh joy.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Going through the Capitals in the playoffs would be a wish come true for me. A tuneup. So, in this case I actually AM taking something for granted. They would beat the Capitals. I only hope they would also not take 7 games to do so, which has been the pattern in so many recent playoff series.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Going through the Capitals in the playoffs would be a wish come true for me. A tuneup. So, in this case I actually AM taking something for granted. They would beat the Capitals. I only hope they would also not take 7 games to do so, which has been the pattern in so many recent playoff series.

I don't see it taking 7 games to dispatch the Caps. But honestly with the Bettman sweethearts (PIT/WSH) you just never know how much the refs are going to make the series about them.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
If we play the Caps, that would make it FIVE straight playoff seasons where that matchup was possible and wound up happening. The Rangers missed in 2010 and the Caps missed in 2014, but they played each other in 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, and (possibly) 2015. When was the last time THAT happened in the expansion era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad