Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I don't know how the hell the Rangers scouts found this guy. He probably stood on his head against a NCAA powerhouse or something.

2010 CHA Tournament in NY would be my guess. Talbot had a 29 save shutout against Robert Morris in the semifinals, then a 43 save OT win in the final against Niagara. Those wins got UAH into the NCAA Tournament. Their first game in the tournament was against #1 seeded University of Miami (OH). Talbot stopped 36 of 38 shots but UAH couldn't pull off the upset and lost 2-1. The Rangers signed Talbot 3 days later.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
That third line though...

So glad we traded Duke instead of Miller. JT is figuring it out. He solidified that 3rd line.

We have to find a way to keep Hagelin.

Hayes 3 points in the last two games. Can i get an amen

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

So glad we traded Duke instead of Miller. JT is figuring it out. He solidified that 3rd line.

Agreed. Miller is blossoming right now. The kid does work and seems like a pain to play against.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

Such a good shot. I think that was the first time I've seen JT snipe in the NHL. If he can develop that shot a bit and become the finisher for Hayes' playmaking and Hagelin's mucking, that line has everything you need to be a legit 2nd line. Awesome stuff.

And I completely agree about Hagelin. I was on the fence earlier in the season, but I think they need to do whatever is necessary to keep him. Fortunately they should be able to do just that by letting MSL walk. Moving Boyle is another, less likely option, but I'll be shocked if they don't find a way to keep Hagelin.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I really like Dan Boyle...but Mcilrath and imo more so Skjei make Boyle expendable. I'd rather move Boyle and keep MSL

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
In what world does McIlrath make Boyle expendable?

In what world does it not? Boyle is our 6th defenseman. Making $4.5 million. Mcilrath has been improving by all accounts. You're going to tell me in this cap era that Mcilrath and his cap hit doesnt make Dan Boyle expendable for us? And to clarify when i say expendable I dont mean in terms of style of play. Obviously Boyle is better. If you want to look at it that way then its Yandle that has made him expendable.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
many guys deserved a star...

THAT was ecouraging!

Cam, proving I was right for the past 2+ years talking up his wicked fast glove hand.

then I say Kreider, tremendous 2 way game, mucccho setups that others did not finish, not his fault.

Split em, 3rd star, Miller and Hags.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Great news is, Stepan is already playing like he always does in the playoffs, and it hasn't stopped us from winning.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In what world does it not? Boyle is our 6th defenseman. Making $4.5 million. Mcilrath has been improving by all accounts. You're going to tell me in this cap era that Mcilrath and his cap hit doesnt make Dan Boyle expendable for us? And to clarify when i say expendable I dont mean in terms of style of play. Obviously Boyle is better. If you want to look at it that way then its Yandle that has made him expendable.

This would totally work if Boyle was actually our 6th best defenseman, or if McIlrath was an NHL player.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011

Hayes 3 points in the last two games. Can i get an amen

Duclair has been a healthy scratch for Quebec.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

1. Boyle is our 6th defenseman? Did Kevin Klein get traded?

2. McIlrath hasn't proven to be an NHL player yet so......

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Why would we play McIlrath now? It makes no sense at all. We're the presidents trophy favorite right now. Let's not put AHL dmen in for our statistically best dman.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Why would we play McIlrath now? It makes no sense at all. We're the presidents trophy favorite right now. Let's not put AHL dmen in for our statistically best dman.

This is exactly why you do it.

The schedule for the next week isn't all that daunting and the Rangers aren't fighting for a playoff spot. As long as the rest of the guys keep up their play, they'll be fine with McIlrath in the lineup.

Give the guy an extended look to see what hes got. If AV can play "the deterrent" in important games, he should have no problem giving McIlrath some minutes.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We beat the Ducks 4-1 on their home ice. That team doesn't concern me in the least. A Boudreau coached team has never made it out of the second round and that's not changing this year.
An in season game earlier in the year is hardly the barometer of who is better.

The western teams should concern you. Stanley Cups are not handed out in March.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Ducks are incredibly overrated. If they make it out of the 2nd round I'll eat my shoe.

You seem to have no issue doing exactly this with regards to the Bruins.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Ducks are incredibly overrated. If they make it out of the 2nd round I'll eat my shoe.
Based on what? I am sure their fans can say the same of the Rangers.
You seem to have no issue doing exactly this with regards to the Bruins.
I am not anointing anyone champion. The Rangers have had a hard time with the Bruins. Until they overcome that, I will continue to worry about them.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I'm still waiting to hear your updated reasoning for why this team is going to struggle in the post season...

Can't beat the Islanders or heavy teams doesn't seem to apply anymore thought I suppose you still have Tampa.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm still waiting to hear your updated reasoning for why this team is going to struggle in the post season...

Can't beat the Islanders or heavy teams doesn't seem to apply anymore thought I suppose you still have Tampa.
I see them having trouble with bigger teams that take away the middle of the ice. So until the beat the bigger, heavy teams in the playoffs, I will continue to think that they should be avoided.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Based on what? I am sure their fans can say the same of the Rangers.

Their defense is garbage and their scoring depth is questionable. And both of their special teams suck. And their a ****** possession team on top of it.

They'd be wrong so I don't care.

I am not anointing anyone champion. The Rangers have had a hard time with the Bruins. Until they overcome that, I will continue to worry about them.

Errrrrr okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad