Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals Game 4 | 5/6/15 | 730pm

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Huh? I don't think anyone can deny that Gleason has been giving us his everything, but he's extremely slow and is often hemmed in his own zone. The idea of moving to Schmidt isn't that far fetched, the real issue is that they lose a lot of their "heavyness" if they take him out of the D in my opinion. You end up with Orpik being your only real heavy on that blue line.

Throwing Schmidt in is going to ensure that Green gets pounded into oblivion. Gleason keeps the other team honest and any foot speed issues are compensated by Green. They work very well together.

Gleason can clear the crease effectively, has some snarl to his game and has veteran smarts. All things that Schmidt either doesn't have or can't do effectively.

Plus, when is the last time you saw Gleason and Green on for a goal against? If it ain't broke...

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Huh? I don't think anyone can deny that Gleason has been giving us his everything, but he's extremely slow and is often hemmed in his own zone. The idea of moving to Schmidt isn't that far fetched, the real issue is that they lose a lot of their "heavyness" if they take him out of the D in my opinion. You end up with Orpik being your only real heavy on that blue line.

If the entire defense, as a unit, is not the very definition of "getting it done", I honestly have no idea what would be. They are currently playing flawless hockey and I'm absolutely awestruck by it. Now...they just need to keep that **** up imo. I, for one, am gonna just keep sending them positive vibes and well wishes for the remainder of the season.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I heard on NHL XM Radio to mute NBC buffoons, enable SAP / spanish / different language on your cable box, since they don't have it, you only hear the sounds of the game. Like being at the game.

If the audio quality was better I could see it.... but take some form of entertainment in their pathetic homerism

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I heard on NHL XM Radio to mute NBC buffoons, enable SAP / spanish / different language on your cable box, since they don't have it, you only hear the sounds of the game. Like being at the game.

If the audio quality was better I could see it.... but take some form of entertainment in their pathetic homerism

I can't take another game of Pierre in the booth. Can't do it. I'll probably watch the next game mute.

On the flip side I listened to majority of the game on the radio last night. Walton's a breath of fresh air after having listened to the NBC wahoos for the entirety of the playoffs.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
The Rags haven't played like a broken team yet. Frustrated, sure, it's not surprising.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
What the comments tell you is that the Rangers are deflated. Prior Caps teams did not have the killer instinct thingy necessary to finish teams that were on the brink of surrendering - they'd get happy with themselves. Everything about this Spring so far is telling us that this Caps team is different - and here's another chance to prove it. Instead of relaxing when the opponent is on the ropes, let's see the guys go for the kill.

I remember in 2012-13 when we went up 2-0 and then lost 2 games in New York - both of which were winnable. And Holtby said something to the effect of the team got a complacent with a 2-0 series lead.

I don't think Holtby (and Orpik)(and Trotz) will allow that to happen here.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
This series ain't over by a long shot...

Hope the Caps keep their foot on the gas.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
So glad we are finally on the other end of this. FINALLY

Was sick and tired year after year getting so frustrated with other teams defense

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia

I heard it as well, love XM NHL radio

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I heard it as well, love XM NHL radio

Its pretty much the only reason I have Sat Radio.

Its awesome to hear them talk Caps, which occurs more of course with the palyoffs going on. They were talking Gleason getting jumped and Espo had a fair point, a bit dirty but not suspension worthy nor out the realm of things that happen in hockey. Perhaps even Gleason had done similar things in his past.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
they sound broken or at least out of ideas. I am not going to saying anything about them being done until the caps win that 4th game.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Its pretty much the only reason I have Sat Radio.

Its awesome to hear them talk Caps, which occurs more of course with the palyoffs going on. They were talking Gleason getting jumped and Espo had a fair point, a bit dirty but not suspension worthy nor out the realm of things that happen in hockey. Perhaps even Gleason had done similar things in his past.

Same love XM for that and Octane, yep I heard the caller mention that as well and those comments. I listen every day, it's fantastic radio.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Not to be a debbie downer but what is our record in series when up 3-1? I know it's the worst in Sports history, and I know it's below .500, but what dear God is it?

...so I can remember what we're up against.

I will also say, I'll take a 3-1 series lead every...single...time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
OK so i confirmed the obvious. We s s s s s suck on weekend games. 0-3 this playoffs, during the day time of course is the worst for our party animals. Game 6 is scheduled for 7pm though.

Foot on their necks we can't let them weasel their way back in and drag this out to 7.

Finnish Em

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Nick is getting a lot of action on the photoshop thread

I thought this would get more play - probably too many people in the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad