Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals 3/10/13 - Boyle? Slapshot? Powerplay? Apocalypse.

Vickers8

Oh, and Gaborik- YIKES. Guy is playing uber tentative right now. Hopefully hes saving it up for the last few weeks and playoffs. Hes playing like he doesnt want to get hurt and hes going to wind up hurting himself by playing that way (hope not)

Doesn't even compete in the corners loses every puck, and I know it's not his game but he's shying away from contact while Steps and Cally are killing themselves to get the puck...on one shift Cally and Steps controlled the puck for about 20 seconds and passed it to Gabby who passed it directly to Carllson...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Cally getting that Nash goal was BS. There was no way he deflected that shot. That shot was aimed top corner the whole way and didn't change any direction.

That's really my only gripe, oh that and the slow start. The slow starts have to stop.
I came here specifically to talk about that play. I saw it on replay again just now...how did they credit Callahan with that?

That needs to be changed. Its clearly Nash's goal.
As the game is over and NBC got their drama story, they can probably safely change it back to Nash now. ;)

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
What was so great about the game yesterday? That the refs called penalties on the Rangers that clearly weren't, that Cally is a diver and a prima donna, or that there was a fanbase rooting for the visiting team? :sarcasm:

Man, those Cap fans sure are delirious.

cjc5103

Jan 21, 2013
Washington DC
What was so great about the game yesterday? That the refs called penalties on the Rangers that clearly weren't, that Cally is a diver and a prima donna, or that there was a fanbase rooting for the visiting team? :sarcasm:

Man, those Cap fans sure are delirious.

I loved seeing all the Rangers fans in attendance at the Verizon Center. Great atmosphere. We even got a Let's go Rangers chant in the 3rd period when the game was out of hand.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
I loved seeing all the Rangers fans in attendance at the Verizon Center. Great atmosphere. We even got a Let's go Rangers chant in the 3rd period when the game was out of hand.

Nothing compared to the fishstix game though.

I didn't even realize it was an away game right away, because the crowd was almost all rangers fans

Leetch2McDonagh27

Jan 21, 2013
Doesn't even compete in the corners loses every puck, and I know it's not his game but he's shying away from contact while Steps and Cally are killing themselves to get the puck...on one shift Cally and Steps controlled the puck for about 20 seconds and passed it to Gabby who passed it directly to Carllson...

absolutely......it is crazy how unwilling to engage in any type of play other than receiving a pass and unloading it because he won't chance being hit. Either that or he'll shoot, most likely low percentage weak wrister. He won't go into corners, waves at pucks as an attempt to clear, has zero compete level compared to the rest of the team. And he makes 7.5 mill and is supposed to be a "go-to" scorer on our team. LOL:laugh::shakehead

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Nothing compared to the fishstix game though.

I didn't even realize it was an away game right away, because the crowd was almost all rangers fans

When the Rangers scored in overtime and won the game, that place was louder than MSG. There must have been 10,000+ Ranger fans that night. I can't recall any islander fans in my section at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad