Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - 03/28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
It's a shame, Henrik Lundqvist is literally Patrick Ewing, except twice as more beloved. I hope he seriously wants to go else were and get the chance to win. I know he wants to win in New York, but that's not happening here anytime soon. Get your ring. Ranger fans will support any single team for you to win a ring.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
It's a shame, Henrik Lundqvist is literally Patrick Ewing, except twice as more beloved. I hope he seriously wants to go else were and get the chance to win. I know he wants to win in New York, but that's not happening here anytime soon. Get your ring. Ranger fans will support any single team for you to win a ring.

Almost as if he'd rather retire than go elsewhere.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Go get your ring

(and give us the cap space).

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We had 102 points last year. Montreal had 103. Ottawa had 98.

There's a reason this team always "disappoints" in the playoffs.
Last season you said they dominated Pitt and Pitt was lucky to beat them. Does Pitt suck, too? Who doesn't suck?

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It's not a dodge. I'm not saying get rid of AV this very second, I mean when the season ends. The guy clearly doesn't have a lot of patience for young players.

For next year I'd like Paul MacLean, Sheldon Keefe, or Jim Montgomery.
He seems pretty patient with Pionk.

Reactions: bl02

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm not one to go after the refs but that late blunder of not calling too many men was ridiculous. Henrik deserved that win.

Another game, if it had meant something, where the officiating absolutely was one sided against the Rangers.

For them to have completely missed the Hayes goal, and then call Chytl for backchecking... Then the missed too many men...

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Another game, if it had meant something, where the officiating absolutely was one sided against the Rangers.

For them to have completely missed the Hayes goal, and then call Chytl for backchecking... Then the missed too many men...

The whole game was badly ref’ed, they made mistakes on many calls against both teams throughout the whole game.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Gilmour should go back to Hartford - he looked overwhelmed lately. Let someone else get their cap of tea. And while you’re at it - call Lettieri back up instead of McCleown.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Andersson was eh, but found an assist. Nice play.

Chytil didn't find the sheet, but looked better.

Neither one really played PP which pissed me off.
Weird i saw it just the opposite. Chytil was ok...a bit of flash and dash but for the most part just turned the puck over a lot with below average defensive zone awareness...lotsa puck watching

Anderson engaged the boards hard In the offensive zone and defensively he was excellent. Especially in this moronic system that favors foot speech he clearly is lacking.

I thought Andersson was significantly better. But neither were particularly effective in the offensive zone. Lots to like about their games....especially if lias can work on his skating.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

Oh, but you forgot to add the game winning play, in which Kreids passed cross ice to Zbad, jumped over his stick hit the linesman which sent it the other way. It was actually funny, because Zbad was looking for the puck, which should've come off the boards TOO HIM entering zone......shit happens, fortunately we don't mind as much, I guess.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
My takes.
1. Linesman (#40) What a schnoz on that man!
2. Anderson with nice back check (with O'Gara?) initially, then "found" his assist with a nice lead out pass to Spoons. (Machinhead reference)
3. Zbad needs to work on his shot more, sharing "Ovie's office".
4. Pionk(making a name for himself) was fun to watch, despite his penalty and late mis-play. This kid is a keeper and if he improves his game (he will), he will be a mainstay on blueline.
5. Why can't our players "lift the puck" from in close like Ehlers did? Kreids misses in close opportunities EVERY GAME! If he pots half of them, he would easily be a 45 goal scorer.
6. Namestikov needs someone to pass to,OR shoot more yourself!
7. Poor Hank, didn't deserve to lose, even though he did let in kind of a softie. Work on stick handling in off season, you're gonna need to with this inexperienced/young defense.

My best one......did anyone catch Milburybush say Henqvist? What an arse!

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think AV is pretty patient with younger players, compared to most veteran NHL coaches. That is not one of his faults.
I sort of agree. He does play young players. But he doesn’t necessarily put them in positions to succeed. Probably just because he’s more focused on winning than development. But I’d like to see him feed the yong kids some power play time and offensive zone starts. It’s not bad to make them earn it. But he could help their confidence more, if he wanted to do.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I really like Andersson's game. He's not flashy, but he's solid defensively, and love that he parks he goes right to the front of the net.

Chytil shows a lot of skill.

You can see both of them get more comfortable as the games go on as well.

Shame that Pionk made such a mistake after playing such a good game. He's still a rookie and has a lot to learn. I'm not going to crucify the kids. They're going to make their mistakes. I think people here need to get used to things like that through the rebuild. It's going to be a lot of head scratching mistakes.

I also can't wait for AV to be let go. He can't coach a young team. Not playing Andersson or Chytil on the Power Play at this point in the season is inexcusable. He's great for a team that's ready to win, but not this one. We need someone that's going to work with the kids and let them play.
Apparently you have you "earn" PP time. To hell with the talent. AV doesn't want to make life "easy" for them, or make it seem getting points on the PP is better than getting them 5v5.
Surprised McClown isn't on PP, he's "earned" it. Hasn't he?

Reactions: egelband

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Apparently you have you "earn" PP time. To hell with the talent. AV doesn't want to make life "easy" for them, or make it seem getting points on the PP is better than getting them 5v5.
Surprised McClown isn't on PP, he's "earned" it. Hasn't he?
New young guys gotta earn it meanwhile vesey was spoonfed PP time all season despite not deserving it

Reactions: Larrybiv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad