Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Capitals - 03/28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This team played well tonight and competed. Unfortunate misplay at end by Pionk will ultimately and unfortunately dominate the PGT. Lias and Chytil made some nice plays at both ends of the ice. Not sure what more we could ask for in a game many think we should have been blown out in. Just look at the embarrassment that resides 5 miles southeast of msg.

Reactions: Tob and eco's bones

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Between not generating anything for 2 minutes of 6 on 5 by this brain dead coach and getting scored on when we're defending the 6 on 5, I'm toast.

10 minutes of power play time no ice time for two young talented players.

McLeod played 4:16 this game. Why would you scratch Carey who has had a positive impact in several games this year to play McLeod?

The dude isn't being re-signed Alain. You're being critisized for favoring veterans Alain. The season is over and you dress McLeod for 4:16 of ice time.

There is no hope for this coach. Stuck in his outdated ways.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liked how they played and all that but I'm mad about 1 point in this context- the ultimate in meaningless :laugh:

Nobody wins with 1 point.

Bad for the tank and bad if you wanted to see the team win.

I'm a bit of both. I'm not going to waste my time watching the Rangers and root for the other team, but I'm ok with losing. The point is depressing. Then again, it always was.

Reactions: klingsor

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I really like Andersson's game. He's not flashy, but he's solid defensively, and love that he parks he goes right to the front of the net.

Chytil shows a lot of skill.

You can see both of them get more comfortable as the games go on as well.

Shame that Pionk made such a mistake after playing such a good game. He's still a rookie and has a lot to learn. I'm not going to crucify the kids. They're going to make their mistakes. I think people here need to get used to things like that through the rebuild. It's going to be a lot of head scratching mistakes.

I also can't wait for AV to be let go. He can't coach a young team. Not playing Andersson or Chytil on the Power Play at this point in the season is inexcusable. He's great for a team that's ready to win, but not this one. We need someone that's going to work with the kids and let them play.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We actually outshoot Caps today and played better - TOI was very similar AV rolled 4 lines this game.
Zucc, Hayes, Chytil line was very good, and Hayes signed his new contract with his play recently and scored another goal.

So a great performance by Skjei, Zucc, Hayes, Spooner, Lias, Chytil, Pionk, Henrik. I thought Nam did well too had some great looks to score, but Holtby was huge this evening too.

I thought Fast & Buch had an off game - they did not look good in this game at times.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Between not generating anything for 2 minutes of 6 on 5 by this brain dead coach and getting scored on when we're defending the 6 on 5, I'm toast.

10 minutes of power play time no ice time for two young talented players.

McLeod played 4:16 this game. Why would you scratch Carey who has had a positive impact in several games this year to play McLeod?

The dude isn't being re-signed Alain. You're being critisized for favoring veterans Alain. The season is over and you dress McLeod for 4:16 of ice time.

There is no hope for this coach. Stuck in his outdated ways.

Turtled with the lead late.

Turned out the same way it did the last 777 times AV tried it.

Reactions: TheTakedown

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This team played well tonight and competed. Unfortunate misplay at end by Pionk will ultimately and unfortunately dominate the PGT. Lias and Chytil made some nice plays at both ends of the ice. Not sure what more we could ask for in a game many think we should have been blown out in. Just look at the embarrassment that resides 5 miles southeast of msg.

4 of our D have played the balance of the year in Hartford. An 18 and a 19 year old rookies playing in the first NHL games and we carried the play for large portions of the game in the division leader's own barn. IMO they were shitting themselves and would have lost the game if the on ice officials had called them on that too many players call. Up until his miscue on the Eller goal Pionk had played a whale of a game.

Reactions: bl02

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I really like Andersson's game. He's not flashy, but he's solid defensively, and love that he parks he goes right to the front of the net.

Chytil shows a lot of skill.

You can see both of them get more comfortable as the games go on as well.

Shame that Pionk made such a mistake after playing such a good game. He's still a rookie and has a lot to learn. I'm not going to crucify the kids. They're going to make their mistakes. I think people here need to get used to things like that through the rebuild. It's going to be a lot of head scratching mistakes.

There's going to be a lot of up and down, and I'm not talking about our players.

Prospect will go from being future first pairing defenseman, to spare parts in trades --- sometimes within the same game day threat.

They'll be over-projected, under-projected, hailed as beasts, and slain like animal sacrifices.

And like most things, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

The team played well and could have and should have won the game. Bad play by Pionk on winning goal but he has been very good for this team. I like the way this team is competing and look forward to the off season moves and I think this team can make playoffs next year.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Didn’t get to see the game, how were Lias and Chytil?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We actually outshoot Caps today and played better - TOI was very similar AV rolled 4 lines this game.
Zucc, Hayes, Chytil line was very good, and Hayes signed his new contract with his play recently and scored another goal.

So a great performance by Skjei, Zucc, Hayes, Spooner, Lias, Chytil, Pionk, Henrik. I thought Nam did well too had some great looks to score, but Holtby was huge this evening too.

I thought Fast & Buch had an off game - they did not look good in this game at times.

I loved the monster hit though that Jesper laid on Carlson. He absolutely flattened him.

Reactions: Ori and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
4 of our D have played the balance of the year in Hartford. An 18 and a 19 year old rookies playing in the first NHL games and we carried the played for large portions of the game in the division leader's own barn. IMO they were ****ting themselves and would have lost the game if the on ice officials had called them on that too many players call. Up until his miscue on the Eller goal Pionk had played a whale of a game.
Ditto. This is what we should want to see with only 5 games left in the year. Some level of compete. Some level of belonging from 72 and 50. The rest is up to JG and his scouting staff over the summer to get us at least 2 impact future players in the draft. Or make a move for a guy like fox from Calgary.

Reactions: eco's bones

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The team played well and could have and should have won the game. Bad play by Pionk on winning goal but he has been very good for this team. I like the way this team is competing and look forward to the off season moves and I think this team can make playoffs next year.
This team can definitely make the playoffs. Teams like Florida and carolina even NJ don't scare me. Obviously we aren't at the level of boston, tb and toronto but hey Rome wasn't built in a day.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I loved the monster hit though that Jesper laid on Carlson. He absolutely flattened him.
yeah true, but sometimes he just floated around, but his line struggle this game, Kreider & Zib was -2, and Zib missed too many shots from PP as well.

It will not be easier for Fast to play against the Stamkos line on Friday - I think AV need to swap Fast with someone to play in that top 6 role.

AV should try and experiment since it`s only 5 games left..

Like a top 9 like this:

Kreider - Lias - Buch
Hayes - Chytil - Zucc
Nam - Zib - Spooner

Buch is higher skilled than Fast so he should try to play with Kreider again since they find each other earlier when DD center them this season.

Then u have Fast on the energy line with McLeod and Vesey for instant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickmo82

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This team can definitely make the playoffs. Teams like Florida and carolina even NJ don't scare me. Obviously we aren't at the level of boston, tb and toronto but hey Rome wasn't built in a day.

I truly believe that's why people want this draft to be a grand slam so bad.

I don't think this is a team that is completely devoid of talent. It just needs some good fortune and bounces going its way.

Reactions: FultonReed and bl02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->