GDT: Rangers@Canes

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Based on this topic, some people have watched too much anime :sarcasm:

Does Robotech count as anime? Watched that shit every morning before middle school, long ago.

Anyways, Boo!

I've conditioned myself never to expect a victory against NYR at home, so there's that.

I love to see their fans on here frothing at the mouth like Staten Island living cretins about the "trap game", I think it is a form of gaslighting much like "peaceful but fiery" protests. Words mean things.

And the vitriol towards Rod. I've give them vitriol. At least its better than a goddamned bald, thuggish Vic Mackey looking plug. "Hey New York your coach looks like the main character from a 15 year old piece of copaganda that celebrated police violence and corruption, how does that feel??"

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
There's no doubt we'll want the games to play out closer to these two games in style and not let them get it going. It's just hard to say how it'll go when both teams are in playoff mode. Pretty laughable for Mike and Tripp to talk about playoff mode from like three hits.

And yes, Jarvis is not in a good place right now. They really probably should demote him for a while, especially now that they've switched up so many lines.
I have been advocating to give TT back to Aho and let Necas stay there as he also had some time with TT in hopes of more goals. Jarvy was a bit out of sorts. So many close calls for the Canes..just a touch out of synch here and there.

I know we lost out at the TD on the big play..but if we had acquired someone who was even just enough of a threat to scare the opponent a little more.. it might have been all we needed..just to have a threatening presence. In person, you can see that they only kinda fear Aho and Necas and maybe Skjei.

Even the Rangers fans around me seemed ready for playoffs and to let it all play out..not really cocky but more curious. They complimented our defense.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
The Ranger fan by me narrates their play and ours nonstop.
He/she (I'm assuming it's a he though) would basically ruin the experience for me if I sat next to him even if the Canes had won.

Pump your brakes Doc Emrick Jr., you aren't a broadcaster, and you're an annoying tool. If people wanted play by play, they would've stayed home.

Does Robotech count as anime? Watched that shit every morning before middle school, long ago.
Tbh, I had to look it up since that was a little before my time. It says it's an anime on Wikipedia, so I guess. Visually it sure looks like one.
Anyways, Boo!

I've conditioned myself never to expect a victory against NYR at home, so there's that.

I love to see their fans on here frothing at the mouth like Staten Island living cretins about the "trap game", I think it is a form of gaslighting much like "peaceful but fiery" protests. Words mean things.

And the vitriol towards Rod. I've give them vitriol. At least its better than a goddamned bald, thuggish Vic Mackey looking plug. "Hey New York your coach looks like the main character from a 15 year old piece of copaganda that celebrated police violence and corruption, how does that feel??"
They hate Rod? I'm sure it's because he's a great coach and is well loved.

Anyway, I only wanted to say that Andersen kept the team in the game with a lot of big saves IMO, and the guys in front of him didn't deliver in the 3rd period. I'm curious how much puck possession we had in the 3rd compared to them.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
You would think if those NY shit stains loved it so much up there that they would never want to leave instead of mass migrating to Cary. My only guess is that they were ran out of town by the locals up there for what clearly is world record levels of bad vibes.
QFT.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So it wouldn’t be surprising for the Canes to lose 4 games in a row in regulation, something they haven’t done since 2019?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Would it be surprising to lose to Toronto on Saturday? Not really, considering it just happened a week ago.

Would it be surprising to lose to Boston less than 24 hours later? It'd be more surprising if they won.

So then it comes down to "Would it be surprising to lose to Tampa Bay, having lost the previous 3 games?"

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
ghost and puljujarvi have been thoroughly unimpressive so far.

i would rather see Rees, suzuki or another Wolves player get a shot. he is just taking up a line up spot

Reactions: ndp and zman77

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
You would think if those NY shit stains loved it so much up there that they would never want to leave instead of mass migrating to Cary. My only guess is that they were ran out of town by the locals up there for what clearly is world record levels of bad vibes.
We were "RUN" out of town........"RUN"!!

Reactions: DaveG and zman77

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

i would rather see Rees, suzuki or another Wolves player get a shot. he is just taking up a line up spot
Last night, I thought Pool party played his best game and was robbed on that 2 on 1 that would have made it 2-0 and probably game over. Shesterkin (we got LY’s version not this year) made the miraculous save, Freddie didn’t on Rags first.

Ghost and Chatfield don’t bother me. In fact, I like their speed together and it’s a far better 3rd pair then what we had LY.

Bigger issue last night was Aho-Necas were -1 and Jarvis, well he sucked big time missing opportunities and not covering Fox on the winning goal (FWIW: he hasn’t played well since stadium game when he perhaps was on the trading block).

I do support your suggestion re: bringing up a Wolve, ie Rees , Pono or Suzuki to replace Stephan.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Poolparty being underwhelming should have been expected. Has some NHL skills, but lacks almost everything else to be a consistent NHL player as he's a lot like another former Oilers bust in Magnus Svensson Paarjarvi.

Ghost is pretty much a waste playing on the #2 PP unit while having to be babysat by Chatfield at ES. He did have a really good recovery play last night but that's mostly because he's pretty lost going back to his own zone a lot of the time.

I wouldn't mind seeing some call ups but I don't really see it happening. They'd probably rather go into the playoffs with underperforming players who already have a few games under their belt with the team rather than throwing rookies straight into the deep end.

Reactions: zman77

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Last night, I thought Pool party played his best game and was robbed on that 2 on 1 that would have made it 2-0 and probably game over. Shesterkin (we got LY’s version not this year) made the miraculous save, Freddie didn’t on Rags first.

Ghost and Chatfield don’t bother me. In fact, I like their speed together and it’s a far better 3rd pair then what we had LY.

Bigger issue last night was Aho-Necas were -1 and Jarvis, well he sucked big time missing opportunities and not covering Fox on the winning goal (FWIW: he hasn’t played well since stadium game when he perhaps was on the trading block).

I do support your suggestion re: bringing up a Wolve, ie Rees , Pono or Suzuki to replace Stephan.
Pool party’s shot is beyond bad. Very weak for a guy his size and his placement doesn’t make up for the lack of pace.

He is a 4th line player or at least should be. So, imo, he is just taking up a roster spot.

I do know Rod and Co aren’t calling up a Wolves player to play top 6 minutes. So im just yelling into the abyss.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
For the love of god can we get martinook out of the top 6. Call up Rees or stromwall or put Statsny there or Pulju. Literally anyone but martinook I am begging
We don't really have an answer for who to put there but I agree it shouldn't be Martinook. He has been terrible away from Staal's line and after his hot start even with that line he hasn't been good the last few months. When you lose 2 clear cut top 6 players to season ending injury though you're going to have that issue... Nothing we can really do about it at this point.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Pool party’s shot is beyond bad. Very weak for a guy his size and his placement doesn’t make up for the lack of pace.

He is a 4th line player or at least should be. So, imo, he is just taking up a roster spot.

I do know Rod and Co aren’t calling up a Wolves player to play top 6 minutes. So im just yelling into the abyss.
I was not impressed with poolparty last night. he looks lost and could not control the puck very well. He should never see PP time. 4th liner right now. Maybe his confidence comes back but team should view him as a reclamation project, nothing more. I wouldn't sit Stastny for him.

Reactions: MisterDobz

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I have to admit I don't see experience being able to help Jarvis. His main problem Is that hes just not big enough.

I'm honestly not sure how he can work around that.

As a friend of mine who is a personal trainer once told me, Mass moves mass.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I have to admit I don't see experience being able to help Jarvis. His main problem Is that hes just not big enough.

I'm honestly not sure how he can work around that.

As a friend of mine who is a personal trainer once told me, Mass moves mass.
It's 2023, not 2003. There are plenty of players his size that are good to elite players. He's never going to be a Jack Hughes, Mitch Marner or Patrick Kane but I don't see why he can't become similar to say Clayton Keller in a year or two.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
We don't really have an answer for who to put there but I agree it shouldn't be Martinook. He has been terrible away from Staal's line and after his hot start even with that line he hasn't been good the last few months. When you lose 2 clear cut top 6 players to season ending injury though you're going to have that issue... Nothing we can really do about it at this point.
I’d really like to see Rees or stromwall at least get a game or two in. Both can provide more offence than Marty at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad