GDT: Rangers@Canes

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I do worry about NY hitting their next gear. I get excited about the possibility of us hitting ours.... And then I see 2nd line Martinook.

Also, Jarvis is every bit the liability that Necas was this time last year.
There's no doubt we'll want the games to play out closer to these two games in style and not let them get it going. It's just hard to say how it'll go when both teams are in playoff mode. Pretty laughable for Mike and Tripp to talk about playoff mode from like three hits.

And yes, Jarvis is not in a good place right now. They really probably should demote him for a while, especially now that they've switched up so many lines.

MisterDobz

Unauthorized User
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
The canes played a great first 30 minutes, then tried to go head to head with the rags, and face it, they have more skillz. After the first rags goal, they just couldn’t get their forecheck going and the rags made them pay.

probably poolparty’s best game as a cane so far, that said, he is still slower than anyone else on the ice. Really bad game from Jarvis, could have had several goals but he just fought the puck all night.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
There's no doubt we'll want the games to play out closer to these two games in style and not let them get it going. It's just hard to say how it'll go when both teams are in playoff mode. Pretty laughable for Mike and Tripp to talk about playoff mode from like three hits.

And yes, Jarvis is not in a good place right now. They really probably should demote him for a while, especially now that they've switched up so many lines.
To be fair, almost everything Mike and Tripp have been saying lately reeks of trying to put lipstick on the pig since Svech went out. Seems like they've ramped up the rhetoric to a new level.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
6 points in 10 games will be hard to make up but not impossible
It’s a lot harder when the Canes have 12.
I do worry about NY hitting their next gear. I get excited about the possibility of us hitting ours.... And then I see 2nd line Martinook.

Also, Jarvis is every bit the liability that Necas was this time last year.
So he’s gonna go off next year? Sweet!

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
NYR vs CAR, quality vs quantity. The Rangers are way more selective with their shots and they’ve got the skill to play that way. Hurricanes just throwing everything at the net, spray and pray baby. Somebody needs to work up a good photo shop of all the Hurricanes players gangsta grippin MAC-10’s and gold plated AK’s.

I’d say a 7 game series between these two teams is probably 50/50, maybe slight edge to NYR just on pure star power. This real test is if the Rangers suddenly match the Canes work ethic and forechecking intensity when the playoffs start. If they end up playing each other.

They’ve got to get Shesterkin moving side to side, much like Vasi he’s phenomenal playing straight on.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In a league where 3 point games are very common, 6 points is very much way behind.

While that’s true, our next three games are Toronto, Boston and Tampa Bay. An 0-3 record in those games wouldn’t be a surprise. The Rangers next three games are Florida, Columbus and Jersey. A 3-0 record in those games wouldn’t be a surprise.

Just like that, the 6 point lead is gone.

Reactions: ndp

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
While that’s true, our next three games are Toronto, Boston and Tampa Bay. An 0-3 record in those games wouldn’t be a surprise. The Rangers next three games are Florida, Columbus and Jersey. A 3-0 record in those games wouldn’t be a surprise.

So it wouldn’t be surprising for the Canes to lose 4 games in a row in regulation, something they haven’t done since 2019?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

Also, because of the games in hand, we play Detroit the night they are erasing this deficit, yeah? And even if we lose that then I suppose we're ahead because of an additional game in hand. Man, I'm super worried about this scenario that just ain't gonna happen.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Lol If we need a team to worry about we don’t have to get creative. Jersey is RIGHT THERE. My worse fear was getting swept by the Rongos and losing ground to Jersey. The race for the division is still in our grasps if we stay the course.
Yeah. I still think we'll stay ahead of Jersey but it's much more realistic to fall behind them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad