GDT: RANGERS @ CANES, NEW STORM

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I agree @spockBokk I would like to see Dzingel over Nino.

That guy has to be moved this off-season. He is lost his TOI to 4th liners.

In the sell-high/buy-low spectrum, probably not the best idea, but we'll see. It's a frustrating aspect of Brindy's (misguided at times, at least IMO) preferences that players whom deserve more ice-time don't get it.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Back in the time, I remember, Trocheck was viewed as a two-way force, future Selke contender. I don't know, he was bad in last few seasons but man, that was impressive showing today. Not only he looks like the perfect Roddy type of a player but he's a leader. Maybe he will wear "A" one day.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
don't know, he was bad injured in last few seasons

It took him a while to get his skating back to his usual level after that awful leg injury that he had a couple of years back. I think that the COVID break was beneficial for him and Gardiner: both look like they have a spring in their steps that I hadn't seen until the last couple of games. Both were reasons why we were able to get a million shots on Henrik during our PP.

Reactions: cptjeff and zman77

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Missed most of the last 10 minutes.

Does anybody know why a computer streaming video online would crap out with a loud "buzz" sound and require a restart to get video started again? This doesn't happen with Youtube, Netflix, etc, only when I'm streaming sports online through one of *those sites*

Reactions: zman77

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS? aahahahahah. First we're the Carolina (Hockey Panthers) now calling Justin Williams JASON???? we have so much material for this postseason stretch!

EeXFYMtWsAA-Syj

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Saw the highlights.

-Trocheck is awesome. I wasn't a fan of trading Wallmark away but V.T. so far makes up for that, he also played well in the Caps exhibition game. I think he'll find a home here long-term.

-Henrik did Henrik things, this game could have been 5-2 or even 6 or 7-2. Just gotta keep breaking his wall, or Igors wall if that's who the Rangers start next.

-I see positive things from you guys about Skej and Gardiner. That's good

-The boys showed today that they can do this, they can beat the Rangers. Now they absolutely have to do it two more times, you do it once you might as well go for the kill.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Saw the highlights.

-Trocheck is awesome. I wasn't a fan of trading Wallmark away but V.T. so far makes up for that, he also played well in the Caps exhibition game. I think he'll find a home here long-term.

-Henrik did Henrik things, this game could have been 5-2 or even 6 or 7-2. Just gotta keep breaking his wall, or Igors wall if that's who the Rangers start next.

-The boys showed today that they can do this, they can beat the Rangers. Now they absolutely have to do it two more times, you do it once you might as well go for the kill.
SKJEI STARTED THE GAME WITH A MURDER IN HIS EYES. IT WAS VERY PLEASANT. FOR US.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
Saw the highlights.

Everybody's skating looked really good today, which impressed me quite a bit. Against a really young club that has speed and energy but lacks skill outside of their top lines, that'll be necessary. Having no Brendan Lemieux hurt their already horribad bottom-6, as well.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Everybody's skating looked really good today, which impressed me quite a bit. Against a really young club that has speed and energy but lacks skill outside of their top lines, that'll be necessary. Having no Brendan Lemieux hurt their already horribad bottom-6, as well.
Outside of that absolute brainfart at the end, there were no major mistakes.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS? aahahahahah. First we're the Carolina (Hockey Panthers) now calling Justin Williams JASON???? we have so much material for this postseason stretch!

EeXFYMtWsAA-Syj

Would be great if after the next game they get an even bigger sign with his name on it.

Like I’m talking so big he has to peek over it.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
To me, that goal was a reminder from the Rags that "No, no, no, the monkey isn't off of your backs just yet!" Our club responded to it by shutting everything down in the last minute of play.
To me, it was AN ABSOLUTELY AWFUL PLAY FOR A SHORT MOMENT. In a stupid way, I am kinda glad it happened. Creates an additional sense of urgency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad