GDT: Rangers @ Canadiens Pt. II |Game 5| 5/27/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrangers2

Mar 20, 2007
They aren't. I don't know why/how so many of you guys hear "anti-Ranger" sentiment out of the NBC crew. I bet if we go ask Devil fans they'll probably say that the crew is blatantly favoring the Rangers. The truth is that it's somewhere in the middle the problem is that everyone is biased and only hears what they want to hear.

I think people get used to hearing the pro-Ranger tinge of Sam, Joe, Kenny and Dave and anything else can suddenly feel like favoritism in the other direction. I feel like these guys have been fairly neutral.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010
We need a wicked strong 2nd period. Got to up the passion level, we were much too passive in the 1st.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You would figure that MTL is going to come out guns blazing, in an elimination game, on home ice.

To only be down 1 goal is good. Their emotions are going to get the best of them.

We should not be down a goal though. If not for 2 nearly identical horrible goals and one super lucky save this game would be 1-1. We got better towards the end but it's really disheartening to see that 2nd goal at a TERRIBLE time too. I also don't have faith in this team to score. They're just not a good offensive team.

*Bob Richards*

Dumb Kreider penalty and bad goal by Hank aside, I thought we were actually pretty solid in that period IMO. We can do this. Keep the faith. No one said it'd be easy and we are the New York Rangers. :)

Let's do this.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Stop ripping on Lundqvist. He saved your bacon in the Pitt series, especially game 7.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
We need a wicked strong 2nd period. Got to up the passion level, we were much too passive in the 1st.

They're nervous knowing this is the game they can clinch. Habs came out strong, elimination game, home crowd, etc.

Hopefully the nerves have subsided a bit and they can go back to playing their game.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
I think people get used to hearing the pro-Ranger tinge of Sam, Joe, Kenny and Dave and anything else can suddenly feel like favoritism in the other direction. I feel like these guys have been fairly neutral.

Outside of Eddie, they've been fine. Doc only gets biased when the Devils are playing.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
You guys seem so sensitive over any criticism about the Rangers. Olczyk is pretty fair. So is McGuire - if we're not playing the Pens.

I thought Eddie was fine calling out the Kreider penalty 20 seconds into a new game after they took 8 last game. Also, Pierre basically said he has no idea why the Habs were arguing the call on them.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ

They have been. Well, Milbury hates both teams so he's definitely not favoring either team, Jonesy is always unbiased. He may be wrong with some of his analysis but I've never thought to myself "wow this guy hates the Rangers!!!!". Liam doesn't have an opinion and Pierre loves everyone.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
We should not be down a goal though. If not for 2 nearly identical horrible goals and one super lucky save this game would be 1-1. We got better towards the end but it's really disheartening to see that 2nd goal at a TERRIBLE time too. I also don't have faith in this team to score. They're just not a good offensive team.
So if the Rangers win will you eat crow?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
This game is not causing me near the stress that game 4 did.

Rangers will come back in this, they just didn't get started right away.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
You can only pick him up so many times

i think it's a bit early to throw the guy under a bus cause of one goal. he's been playing lights out for the best part of two series now. he's only human. he's the most consistent ranger on the ice. goalies give up softies from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad