GDT: Rangers @ Canadiens Pt. II |Game 5| 5/27/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
Can someone please start sending pucks at Tokarski? The guy let up a soft goal against Stepan. Test him. Send more pucks against him. The team is too passive right now. Just start shooting. I've seen way too many shooting opportunities passed up for questionable passes that were never going to get through. Shoot the puck.

SkjeiPls

May 21, 2013
Not bad. Mac needs to start controlling his passes a little bit more. I think it was 3 bad passes that could have been costly.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Horrific start to the period but we got a lot better as it went on. Powerplay is looking good. Hags got absolutely robbed. Stepans goal was incredibly soft but I guess so was Plekanec (though according to NBC Stepan's should have been stopped 100% of the time and Plekanec's was an absolute snipe

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I heard Lundqvist doesn't play well in Montreal, so AV may need to go with Talbot or pull the net and play with six for a while. These goals are way too soft! Rick Nash should be the extra man. He would have the room to work his magic.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I don't get the bashing of that second goal. It was a volley shot on a trickling puck. It behaved very oddly and dove like a curveball, with alot of jam on it.

Sure, Hank could've had it with some luck, but don't act like it was child's play.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
Can someone please start sending pucks at Tokarski? The guy let up a soft goal against Stepan. Test him. Send more pucks against him. The team is too passive right now. Just start shooting. I've seen way too many shooting opportunities passed up for questionable passes that were never going to get through. Shoot the puck.

Most of the time he guesses on shots. His aggressive positioning helps cover angles, but he's otherwise technically unimpressive, and he isn't as athletic as Hasek or even Cechmanek. We have no excuse not to score more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hank being outplayed by Tokarski and the Habs have had a lot of luck in that period. Not much needs to change besides Hank being better and the Rangers getting some luck.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Its just one period.. hopefully our guys can up their game (quite a lot more than one notch...lol).. we can still do this, plenty of time.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
With the way some are acting, you'd think we were down 4-1 in the third period.

It's only 2-1. I'd be worried if it were 3-0, maybe 2-0...but they pressed to start and only converted once on yet another gift. The Rangers controlled the play from that point on, and a silly mistake from Staal got us down again.

every time I think this squad is gonna disappoint me, they prove me wrong. I have a ton of faith that we can pull this one out.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Stop trying to be fancy and test Torkarski. He's already let in one awful goal, unfortunately Lundqvist decided to match him.

Habs aren't dominating this game by any stretch of the imagination.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Horrific start to the period but we got a lot better as it went on. Powerplay is looking good. Hags got absolutely robbed. Stepans goal was incredibly soft but I guess so was Plekanec (though according to NBC Stepan's should have been stopped 100% of the time and Plekanec's was an absolute snipe

It was the same exact soft goal.

I literally cannot understand why NBC is blatantly rooting for Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad