GDT: Rangers @ Canadiens Pt. II |Game 5| 5/27/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Damn, Mike and Keith just ripped Hank on the goal. Wow.

Rightfully so. I ALWAYS defend Hank, but that was terribad. That doesn't absolve Staal who's been herpin' and derpin' around this whole series. What makes it worse is now Tokarski is like alright he let in a softie too.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
That wasn't a good goal to give up at all, but I refuse to take Milbury's commentary on goaltending

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
854709732.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Doc seems a lot more excited when the opposition team scores.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
They looked good right after PK's goal.

They've absolutely dominated MTL for 18 minutes. A bad goal by Hank and a great shot by a great player is why it's 2-1 right now. If the Rangers play like they did that period for the rest of the game, they'll win 4-2.

That's just not true. We were stuck in our zone for the first about 7 minutes of the game. Ever since then we have been very good though.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Everyone up and down the lineup sucked. Front and center, Hank. You just don't give that goal up EVER. Not in preseason, not in the regular season, and certainly not now. It's goals like this why I always get on his playoff performances. This team has sucked playing from behind the whole playoff, we tie it and he decides to take a ****ing nap. I'm tired of torturing myself through games just to see this kind of ********.

What game are you watching? We had great scoring chances and one shot went off the shaft of a goal stick. Completely unlucky. We had the better chances.

This team won 5 games trailing after the 2nd period in the regular season, FWIW.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Hank being outplayed by Tokarski and the Habs have had a lot of luck in that period. Not much needs to change besides Hank being better and the Rangers getting some luck.

We weathered the storm relatively well, only down by one with 40 minutes to play. I'll take it. We have to come out stronger than we usually have been in the 2nd.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm sweating from the ****ing heat right now and am sick to my stomach over this game right now. Why doesn't this team ever have the killer instinct to match the desperation of another team unless they're in a game 7? WHY?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rightfully so. I ALWAYS defend Hank, but that was terribad. That doesn't absolve Staal who's been herpin' and derpin' around this whole series. What makes it worse is now Tokarski is like alright he let in a softie too.

I wish Staal would've put him on his ass, but I am 100% fine with them allowing a shot from there. As I said in the other thread, let Montreal take all their shots from there with no one in front.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
With the way some are acting, you'd think we were down 4-1 in the third period.

It's only 2-1. I'd be worried if it were 3-0, maybe 2-0...but they pressed to start and only converted once on yet another gift. The Rangers controlled the play from that point on, and a silly mistake from Staal got us down again.

every time I think this squad is gonna disappoint me, they prove me wrong. I have a ton of faith that we can pull this one out.

Not to mention we've scored less than 2 goals excactly 0 times this playoff series. So you know, its possible we might just net another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad