Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Canadiens - Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Fast over Miller? Wow really? Sometimes I wonder how people who watch the same games can see things so differently.

Pardon me, but the same could be said for your reaction as well, as I feel identical to the poster that you are quoting.

Opinion =/= fact.

Regardless, I think it should be Moore bumped up and Carcillo inserted. No Miller. No Fast.

EDIT - I read your post wrong when I posted this. Please read this post as less of a shot at you, and more of a shot at conversation in general :)

My apologies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, not really that relevant but Chicago had a similar round 2 series to us last year. Won game 1 and lost 3 in a row where they scored 2 goals total. Good omen? haha

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like the way some here are trying to manufacture hatred of Montreal fans.

There are just as many aholes in our fan-base as in the other fan-bases.

Why does anyone care what people are saying on another team's board? Do you expect to find people posting humble congratulations?

Can't you just get enough enjoyment from your team playing great?

Basically there's not much difference between the fan of one team and the fan of another. If your team doesn't go on it's likely you're not going to be happy about it. **** happens in the playoffs and one teams fans are not going to be happy at the end of any series. Rather all the **** happen to the other side but it doesn't usually work that way. So far in this series it looks like the worst **** has happened to Montreal so far--though if Price is alright and Brassard is out for a while then maybe not. We have won the first game and quite handedly and I'm happy about that but it's only one game--we have 6 potential chances to win 3 more--conversely the Canadiens have 6 potential chances to win 4 more.

The Rangers are in overachieving territory right now IMO. I didn't expect them to get this far. t think they're at least as good as Montreal but talent nor even past achievement whether playoffs or regular season isn't always the deciding factor. We're playing together as a team and that can mask weaknesses. AV looks like he has his team gelling at the right time and the team has been healthy.

Cake or Death

Man, you know we're playing REALLY well when a NJD fan says this on TSN.... martysbetter30: "I hate to say it but the Rangers are on a roll now. Peaking at right time, like LA in 2012. They will win the cup, write it down. I said it, remember it. Lundquist is playing possessed right now, no way that guy is giving up more than 2 goals in any game."

Wolfy*

You should watch this from AV, if you haven't already.

Talks about that funeral, but also the Kreider incident. He means his only intention was to score on a breakaway.

Habs say, including the coach, that Kreider tried to hurt Price.

The War Is On!

[NHL]619145[/NHL]

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, you could tell two things from yesterday's game by McDonagh:

1) Dude is mother****ing back

2) Neither he, nor AV respect the Montreal offense. The guy was pinching infinitely more than he has all playoffs. In fact, more than he often did in the regular season.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Fast over Miller? Wow really? Sometimes I wonder how people who watch the same games can see things so differently.

I don't want Miller exposed to the defensive responsibilities of Center, and I think it's better to play a natural winger on that LW spot.

Boomer26

Mar 3, 2014
Laval Quebec
I would like to thank the Rangers organization for being at the France ST Louis ceremony today. It was special and also it was nice to see Marty's friends there from before. Marty made a speech that was special just like his mom was.

I understand now why he only wanted to come here.

RafaelSomma

I'm a Montreal Canadien fan, but I have to say that this series is over. It's the same thing as in 2010. We got beaten 6-0 by the Flyers in the ECF. We never recovered from that game and we lost in 5 games. Will be the same thing this year. Enjoy your trip to the SCF you guys. It's already over for us.

Clausewitz

Dec 20, 2013
I'm a Montreal Canadien fan, but I have to say that this series is over. It's the same thing as in 2010. We got beaten 6-0 by the Flyers in the ECF. We never recovered from that game and we lost in 5 games. Will be the same thing this year. Enjoy your trip to the SCF you guys. It's already over for us.

Don't underestimate your team. While I don't care for the Habs, I can't deny that team's talent and speed, a potentially lethal combination. Either team would be foolish to write off itself or its opponent. Maybe the Habs win; maybe Rangers win. All we know now is that the Rangers won the first game; nothing else.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Except this Habs team is a lot better than the 2010 team that got there on the back of Halak playing the playoff of his life. Though don't get me wrong, I thought of that team. Maybe both teams burned out, but it's only been 1 game, can still end in 5 for the Habs.

Wolfy*

I would like to thank the Rangers organization for being at the France ST Louis ceremony today. It was special and also it was nice to see Marty's friends there from before. Marty made a speech that was special just like his mom was.

I understand now why he only wanted to come here.

Yes it must have been a special speech. As that video shows, coach Vigneault was moved to tears when he talked about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't think the Canadiens are finished either. They have a very good team. They're going to have to clog up the neutral zone at least when the Stepan-Nash-Kreider is on the ice. That will curtail their own attack a bit but good defense is a must if you're going to win. Better defensive play from their forwards--discipline--no stupid penalties--that's how they can turn it around.

Xref

Oct 16, 2010

The Rangers have proven that history is meaningless. You guys lost 1 game. Nothing is over, there is plenty of hockey to be played. Looking forward to a great series.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
NYC is Rangertown?

So with the Rangers in the third round, what is the scene like in New York?
Are the Rangers the buzz, the talk of town?
How does it compare to 2012, 1997, or 1994?

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Times like this make me glad I'm not in NY anymore. All the fair weather fans annoy the **** out of me.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
So with the Rangers in the third round, what is the scene like in New York?
Are the Rangers the buzz, the talk of town?
How does it compare to 2012, 1997, or 1994?

Imagine it was Rangers and Bruins in a conference final

Then we could ponder the mood in NY, mood in Boston, the amount of fans in Boston rooting for NY and vice versa.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Times like this make me glad I'm not in NY anymore. All the fair weather fans annoy the **** out of me.

I'm not so sure it's really the fair weather fans as it is the media doesn't typically give the Rangers much press. Fortunately the Knicks suck...but they'd still rather put a headline about Jeter only having 124 games left in his career or some nonsense like that on the back page than give the Rangers top billing.

I've seen quite a few people walking around in Rangers gear the last few weeks.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
This krieder stuff is all for the NHL to make the calls against the rangers if we bump their goalie next few games ... Watch refs are gonna be all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad