Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
habs_rangers_nov52011.jpg

NEW YORK RANGERS AT MONTREAL CANADIENS

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS - GAME 2

Monday, May 19, 2014 @ Bell Centre

Henrik Lundqvist: "I’m going to be honest with you, I felt good coming into the game. Yeah, you guys like to talk about it, you like to ask me about it. I haven’t played here in a while, but it’s still the same game."

Alain Vigneault: “We know going into this series, and rightfully so, that they’re the favorites. This is going to be the first time in these playoffs. Against Tampa and against Boston they were the underdogs. They didn’t have home ice. Now, they’re going into this series and theoretically they’re expected to win. Pressure does funny things to different people. I’m anxious to see how they’re going to react.”

rangers-canadiens-flow-051714.jpg

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Think the Rangers finally go 2 up in a series. 3-1 Rangers. Lundqvist, Stralman and Boyle 3 stars.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Please find a way to win boys. Get the 2 game lead for once. MSG will be rocking on my birthday!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The good news from Game 1 is that not only did we rock the Habs, but we did it one man down, and it was an important man (Brass). Even if he's replaced by someone like Carbomb or Fast, it's still an improvement since we'd have an additional player. Having Brass back would be great. Brass had almost a week off from playing hockey (last Tuesday to tomorrow), so he should be really fresh.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The good news from Game 1 is that not only did we rock the Habs, but we did it one man down, and it was an important man (Brass). Even if he's replaced by someone like Carbomb or Fast, it's still an improvement since we'd have an additional player. Having Brass back would be great. Brass had almost a week off from playing hockey (last Tuesday to tomorrow), so he should be really fresh.

Why not Miller? He received the broadway hat in one of these playoff games.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Throw in Miller, but give Moore extra time. He's been cash this entire playoffs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If Brassard can't go I'd figure our lines will be like this:

Stepan-Nash-Kreider
Richards-St. Louis-Hagelin
Moore-Zuccarello Aasen-Pouliot
Boyle-Dorsett-Miller

or

Stepan-Nash-Kreider
Richards-St. Louis-Hagelin
Moore-Zuccarello Aasen-Pouliot
Boyle-Dorsett-Carcillo

Moore is the best guy to put with Zucc and Pouliot. Success in the last game--you don't change that.

To me either Miller or Carcillo fill in on the 4th line. I'd lean towards Miller--more speed and I think he could step up a line easier than Carcillo. Carcillo is more seasoned--probably a tad better defensively and would give us a more physical look. He's prone to taking bad penalties now and again--though sometimes he agitates well and draws penalties. He's also had two big playoff goals for us this year.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I think the "2-0" curse ends here.

This is a totally different team than the one that lost both game 2s to Philly and Pitts. They're engaged, battle ready, and have a strong killer instinct. They haven't Rongo'ed once since game 4.

I think they win this one.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Please no Miller. Please. If Brass can't go plug Dom into the third line, pt Boyle back at center and insert Carcillo.

If the Rangers keep their legs moving and jam up the neutral zone with authority, we're going back to MSG 2-0.

LGR

EDIT - I do wonder if the refs will be keeping an extra eye on goalie contact. Little slashes after the whistle and bumps will probably be more heavily enforced. Hopefully both ways.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Please no Miller. Please. If Brass can't go plug Dom into the third line, pt Boyle back at center and insert Carcillo.

If the Rangers keep their legs moving and jam up the neutral zone with authority, we're going back to MSG 2-0.

LGR

EDIT - I do wonder if the refs will be keeping an extra eye on goalie contact. Little slashes after the whistle and bumps will probably be more heavily enforced. Hopefully both ways.

You expect too much :p.

I agree, I don't think Miller should play this game. Put Fast in.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC

Yes, as long as they call it even. I remember Gallagher giving Hank a good bump, which went uncalled.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What's happening with Oscar Lindberg? Wouldn't he be a good choice to slot in as well? Great defensively, plays center, decent at FOs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
What's happening with Oscar Lindberg? Wouldn't he be a good choice to slot in as well? Great defensively, plays center, decent at FOs.

Not the time to put in a guy who has yet to play an NHL game--not when you have other options who have. Boyle can easily move back to center. To me it's either Miller or Carcillo. Fast is the third option. Fast can play in the NHL at this point but it's what he's ready to add. Miller, Carcillo would add more now IMO.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I like JT Miller and have good expectations of him as a Ranger in future, but I too would prefer he isn't inserted into the lineup this playoffs. He will get there, but I don't think he is close enough.

What was very encouraging was Henrik's apparent comfort level in that arena. I know from watching some of his previous efforts at Bell Centre over the last few seasons, it seemed like that place had gotten under his skin and into his head.
The extremely quick start by the Rangers yesterday probably played a big part in helping, but Henrik has been very dialled in over the last bunch of games anyway.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Carcillo has done more than Miller has when inserted. Really I'd play him over Dorsett but no need for that change with the 4 game win streak.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Canadians are using a spot for Prust, so I really don't have a problem with Carcillo going in.

Prust beat up Carcillo pretty good the one time they fought but if Prust is running around looking for trouble Carcillo's the type that could possibly agitate him into doing something stupid.

The other thing is Galchenyuk is close to coming back. If that happens one of Prust or Bournival are probably going to be the guy to sit in the stands.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Getting a sneaking suspicion Price isn't going to play. Bro-in Law who lives up in Montreal texted me this morning saying he's hurt more than they are indicating and don't be surprised if Budaj is between pipes which obviously helps our chances in Game 2.

Couple of things: With entire team attending Marty's mom's funeral, this whole team unity thing which has been galvanized by the tragedy is not going away. Team is going to come out fired up again and we all have seen how good this team is when it play's as one.

One more thing: Anyone else feel as I do but all that "I have nothing but respect for Montreal and their fanbase" love fest we all had before yesterday is OVER!. I'm actually pissed off at quite a few of their ignoramus posters over there who actually think our boy Kreider purposely put his own health and future playoff participation in danger just in order to run Price and knock him out of playoffs. I mean it's getting ridiculous over there on the Habs board. And so I'm starting to develop a nice healthy hatred for them which I guess is good cause I felt a bit uncomfortable before series all of us being "pals" and such. I feel much better when we are playing the Flyers,Pens or Debbies where hate and animosity is easy to muster up. Didnt' think it would happen with Montreal but it has and so they are now off my "Thanksgiving invite" list going forward.

Prediction: We break another one of them "curses" we've had to break thru this glorious playoff run and we in fact win Game 2....4-2 and gain our first two game lead. I got a hunch Nasher potting that goal yesterday will be just the tonic he needed and he'll get another one and be #1 star and we'll be some damn happy campers heading to MSG.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I'm sure brass will be back... very emotional day for the boys... they will probably use at as motivation tomorrow. Survive the first 10 minutes cuz you know MTL will be flying due to the smack down we gave them..play our system crisp passes nothing fancy..and we'll be waiting for the hawks to battle for the cup

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Carcillo has done more than Miller has when inserted. Really I'd play him over Dorsett but no need for that change with the 4 game win streak.

Rangers playoff record with Carcillo is 3 wins-3 losses. He's scored two goals including a huge first goal of the game against Philadelphia in game 7. He's had 9 shots on goal in 6 games and 14 hits--2 blocks so he's been very involved when he's played. 10 penalty minutes as well. He draws penalties but he also takes them. He was on the Blackhawks Stanley Cup winning team last year--so he has a ring.

With Miller--we are 1 win and 2 losses. He's had 2 assists in his 3 games and is a +3 with 8 hits--only 2 shots on goal.

With Fast--we are 1 win and 2 losses. He has an assist in his 3 games and 9 hits. No shots on goal.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Getting a sneaking suspicion Price isn't going to play. Bro-in Law who lives up in Montreal texted me this morning saying he's hurt more than they are indicating and don't be surprised if Budaj is between pipes which obviously helps our chances in Game 2.

Couple of things: With entire team attending Marty's mom's funeral, this whole team unity thing which has been galvanized by the tragedy is not going away. Team is going to come out fired up again and we all have seen how good this team is when it play's as one.

One more thing: Anyone else feel as I do but all that "I have nothing but respect for Montreal and their fanbase" love fest we all had before yesterday is OVER!. I'm actually pissed off at quite a few of their ignoramus posters over there who actually think our boy Kreider purposely put his own health and future playoff participation in danger just in order to run Price and knock him out of playoffs. I mean it's getting ridiculous over there on the Habs board. And so I'm starting to develop a nice healthy hatred for them which I guess is good cause I felt a bit uncomfortable before series all of us being "pals" and such. I feel much better when we are playing the Flyers,Pens or Debbies where hate and animosity is easy to muster up. Didnt' think it would happen with Montreal but it has and so they are now off my "Thanksgiving invite" list going forward.

Prediction: We break another one of them "curses" we've had to break thru this glorious playoff run and we in fact win Game 2....4-2 and gain our first two game lead. I got a hunch Nasher potting that goal yesterday will be just the tonic he needed and he'll get another one and be #1 star and we'll be some damn happy campers heading to MSG.

We were never really pals in the first place. The main problem is both teams and fan bases want the same thing--to continue to live and one team is not going to be happy with the result because its hopes are going to die within the next week or so.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I was just about to say that I sense a growing anger in the Canadiens' fan base. By game time, I think there will be a lot of vocal calls for revenge.

As for disliking the Canadiens and their supporters in general, what it comes down to for me is 'mass'. Large numbers of any fan base tend to amplify opinions and feelings. It is that very same huge blob of Canadiens fans smugness and entitlement over the years that has always made me 'hate' them. I carry a dislike of any fan base when that team is playing the Rangers, haha, I just get very emotional. So, I am being fair in recognizing my own bias, my own fervour for my team.

However, it's not just emotion on my part. That 'mass' of fans gave little respect to the Rangers before this, so I feel good shoving it back in their faces in whatever way I can.

Hockey Team

Hunger Force
Dec 30, 2009
New York, NY
Well if Budaj is between the pipes we have no excuse to lose.

The fact there's no news out of montreal about the situation is pointing to it being more and more likely price isn't going to be in game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad