Status
Not open for further replies.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
This whole Kreider/Price thing is getting ridiculous:

Forward Brandon Prust said Kreider ran into Price "accidentally on purpose."

Therrien agreed.

"I reviewed the incident," he said. "Obviously, it was an accidental contact, but let's put it this way, he didn't make much effort to avoid the contact.

"I'm sure the intention of the player was not to hit the goalie, but you have to try to do everything in your power to avoid contact and it's tough to say if he tried everything to avoid that contact."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=452479

No one ever does everything to avoid contact with opposition goaltender. Many intentionally hurt them. I am talking about ALL level of hockey from pee-wee to NHL. Prust would not avoid contact, if he could, either. That is how players are taught from very early age. Price knows about it too, so is Terrien. It is blown out of proportion. If there was no intention to injure, if play was incidental there is no problem and never was. Good luck to replicate Kreider move. It is not easy at all.

LORENZO

Jan 1, 2014
I'm not so sure it's really the fair weather fans as it is the media doesn't typically give the Rangers much press. Fortunately the Knicks suck...but they'd still rather put a headline about Jeter only having 124 games left in his career or some nonsense like that on the back page than give the Rangers top billing.

I've seen quite a few people walking around in Rangers gear the last few weeks.

Ive been rocking my cap, but thats to keep the sun out… and its far to warm to wear a jersey plus I'm not sure I would be able to handle the attention my Carcillo jersey would create.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
If this is what the Canadiens need to try to manufacture some passion for this series, then the Rangers are in good shape.

AHB*

BTW, you could tell two things from yesterday's game by McDonagh:

1) Dude is mother****ing back

2) Neither he, nor AV respect the Montreal offense. The guy was pinching infinitely more than he has all playoffs. In fact, more than he often did in the regular season.

It's a lot easier to pinch without the threat of Malkin or Crosby breaking against you.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Millbury is an idiot. Who cares what he says.

M&M is the worst GM ever. He was so bad for the Islanders, it made me feel bad for them. I actually hate them less and hope they become decent because their fans have taken enough abuse with what he did.

- Chara and Spezza (the #2 draft pick was definitely going to be Spezza) for Yashin.

- Bertuzzi & McCabe for the aging Linden (who didn't even want to play on the Island).

- Luongo and Jokinen (then a young 3rd overall pick) for two third liners Parrish and Kvasha.

- Palffy and Smolinski for Jokinen and some crappy prospects, plus a #8 pick (turned into Taylor Pyatt).

- Top-6 center Kirk Muller for enforcer Belanger.

- Wendel Clark and Schneider for Kenny Jonsson.

- Second liner under the age of 30 Derek King for a 5th rounder.

- Nemchinov for a 4th rounder.

- Czerkawski for Arron Asham.

Plus he kept drafting Pyatt, Mezei, all types of other crappy players.

It was one disaster after another. If the team had kept Luongo and Jokinen and drafted Heatley or Gaborik (instead of Dipstick), plus kept Palffy, Muller, Bertuzzi, McCabe, King, Nemchinov, Czerkawski, Clark, Schneider (or traded these players for decent returns), they would've been a powerhouse. Even if he had to trade some of these guys (the rumor was that the owners told him to deal away Palffy), he could've gotten significant returns for them.

But he just kept destroying that franchise. He needs to go away. Nobody has less credibility as a hockey mind that he does.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We'll I can't tell u about NYC but here in Tallahassee FL people ask me wat sport league the rangers are in every time I wear some of my gear outta the apartment... Lol

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
I have a feeling that goalie interference will now be called if any player gets within 5 feet of either goalie. LOL.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
*Just a reminder guys & gals: other fan bases are free to stop by and respectfully share their opinions. If someone is coming by and being disrespectful/breaking rules, etc., rather than respond to them, just Report the post and/or PM one of the HFNYR mods.

Danke.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Was at a philly convetion all weekend (in rangers gear of course!) so didn't get to see the highlights all weekend (but did however get some funny convos in with flyer. pens and habs fans over the previous series and score of game 1. One habs fan asked me if i knew what the score was and when i said 7-2 rangers he legit said "No c'mon seriously what was the score?" :laugh:

From the highlights it looked like wee dominated for almost the entire game which is awesome...and of course i'd miss our best game of the playoffs. Love that pouliot and McDonagh were sticking it to MTL. Hilarious.

MSL with goal was awesome to see too.
What the hell was price thinking on richards goal?
Naturally Rick Nash scores the ONE game i don't watch. God damnit, Rick.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I just got dumber. Some Montreal fan on the main board said that Kreider is a 3rd line grinder. He owned their pathetic team every time he played them this year. Seriously that 1-0 win we had, he was the best forward on the ice and dominated, hit a post too.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Any news on whether we're gonna face price or not?

No official news. I don't know how reputable this guy is, if it all, but he posted this article on Twitter: http://www.xnsports.com/2014/05/18/carey-price-out-game-2-possibly-series/

According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Canadiens goalie Carey Price is likely out for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals and possibly the remainder of the series. The source said that Price likely hyper-extended his right knee on the play and may have torn ligaments in the knee.

At the very least, it doesn't sound very good for Game 2. That alone is a huge advantage for the Rangers. Completely unfair sample size, but Budaj's playoff numbers...lol...SV%.843 / GAA 5.13

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah I mean there isn't anything about it on the Habs' board so it's probably nothing. Only thing I've heard about it since it happened though. James Murphy, he writes for NHL.com.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't care what the "I don't care as long as we win" folks think, I hope Price is healthy and we beat them playing their best. I think we should be able to beat them with Price. We've looked like the much better team every time we played them this year, maybe outside game 1 that was a totally different team. Seriously, I hope Price comes in brand new on Monday and we light his ass up again.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I just got dumber. Some Montreal fan on the main board said that Kreider is a 3rd line grinder. He owned their pathetic team every time he played them this year. Seriously that 1-0 win we had, he was the best forward on the ice and dominated, hit a post too.

Everyone on the main boards seems to think kreider is a 4th line guy like Carcillo just out to start **** (no offense to tht one guy that's a big Carcillo fan lol). Kreider is more of a top line player than rick Nash and Derek stepan right now

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone on the main boards seems to think kreider is a 4th line guy like Carcillo just out to start **** (no offense to tht one guy that's a big Carcillo fan lol). Kreider is more of a top line player than rick Nash and Derek stepan right now

I honestly am not sure who I would pick if I had the choice between Stepan and Kreider. The guy has sick potential and is already very very good. Only reason the dude didn't have 25 goals this year is that he was snakebitten. He also had a long dry spell when he wasn't good, but that doesn't matter in the playoffs as he's back to playing like he was. How many 3rd line grinders have 3 breakaways and a 2 on 1 in an ECF game?

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Can we take a two game lead on the roadin Montreal?

The answer is no, which is a shame, because it means we're going to be tied after 4 games. YAY!

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I honestly am not sure who I would pick if I had the choice between Stepan and Kreider. The guy has sick potential and is already very very good. Only reason the dude didn't have 25 goals this year is that he was snakebitten. He also had a long dry spell when he wasn't good, but that doesn't matter in the playoffs as he's back to playing like he was. How many 3rd line grinders have 3 breakaways and a 2 on 1 in an ECF game?

lol, Brian Bickell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad