Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
so pacioretty didn't really learn anything from nearly getting decapitated by chara, i guess.
i'll admit, it's not like he went out looking for scalps, but he certainly took his opportunity when it was presented.

The guy knew we were "short" on defense. I believe he did it on purpose to take McD out of the game. I'll be waiting for that "karma" thing.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
I think Strålman is not good enough for the NHL. I have watched 4-5 games this season and he has been weak every time and is often on the ice when the other teams score

Thunderhead

May 15, 2012
Raleigh NC
This game was obviously a first degree **** show and everything, but can I just add that the pregame festivities in Montreal are extremely overrated? I kind of like the kids with the flags, but would you guys like to know how it all starts?

First, one fan's video of Ole Ole is shown on the scoreboard. Then more join. And more join, and even more. Until they make a Habs logo. The Ole Ole crap continues on for at least three excruciating minutes. Not fun at all. Oh, they don't even have a goal song. It's a horn, and then a train advertisement is shown on the scoreboard.

But I must say that their scoreboard is very nice. Beautiful, actually.

Back to deservingly piling it on our team, they were embarrassing out there. I didn't watch the third period because I just left after two, but oh boy. They completely fell off the wagon in the second period. Where was the forechecking? Hitting? A sign of life?

Not impressed by Torts' comments either. You found a way to get a point? Is that an accomplishment now? Against a team missing its 1C, 1D, best winger, and a whole bunch of others? Let alone that you were playing their backup goalie in the third? That's unacceptable.

I guess they did not hear about "The Honeymooners" in that province.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Anyone else think Montreal is the least classiest organization in the league? Their fans and their team are both full of ****heads.

Talk about your heritage and history all you want but they have awful fans. Jeering when opposing team players get hurt but crying at every instance one of their players gets touched.

Despise that team.

I'll never forget the scene at MSG a couple of days after the Flyers goalie got killed in a car crash. The crowd had a strong chant telling a player on the other team to buy the same model car.

Every fan base has a certain percentage of whatever you would like to call them. Only chant that ever made me cringe.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Anyone who thinks he was "chosen" is..................never mind.

I'll assume you meant something other than what it might have meant. You don't know what my moniker refers to.

Still, anyone who believes a coach was laughing at an injured player cannot be bright. More likely, you don't really believe it, but just want to appear that way as some sort of posturing.

Out East

Jan 11, 2013
Halifax NS
Some observations for the MINORITY here who need to extract their heads from dark regions...

It's ok for McD to run around making dangerous hits but unfair unjust when what goes around comes around?

USA is a country - Canada is a country
New York is a state - Quebec is a province
New York is a city - Montreal is a city

New York state and New York city are not the same thing... States are states and cities are cities. Provinces are provinces, not cities.

Montreal is a city of about 4 million people. There are some classless idiots in Montreal. There are some classless idiots in New York. Some of you need look no further than a mirror to find one...

I like the Rangers but Tortorella has to go. The man needs a psychologist not a head coaching job in the NHL. I feel sorry for the Rangers players and predict a big turn around when their coach is replaced.

NHRangerfan

Reality bites...

We stink at the moment..

Biron with a save% of 83.3 is not going to help either..

What bothers me most is that no one protects our goalies..

The opponents runs them over, we help them up and dust them of..

Headscratching..

And the opponents knows it and uses it against us..

Last year I said opponents pay no physical price playing in our zone...and I was shot down...1st place, 1st place was all I heard. Watch any scramble in front of our net and our dmen are on the ice, watch the same thing in front of the opposing teams net and our guys are getting knocked on their butts.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
I think Strålman is not good enough for the NHL. I have watched 4-5 games this season and he has been weak every time and is often on the ice when the other teams score

Don't know what games you've been watching, he's been real solid this season. And the way he's playing he's definitely NHL caliber. Bickel and Eminger are big question marks howerever.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The guy knew we were "short" on defense. I believe he did it on purpose to take McD out of the game. I'll be waiting for that "karma" thing.

Just saw this gem.

You believe that in a hockey game where decisions are made in parts of seconds, that a player saw another player in a vulnerable position, and then went through a thought process where he reasoned that the opposition was short-handed on defense, so he should try and injure another one. All that in a fraction of a second?

If someone ever played hockey it's difficult to believe that this could be more than a fleeting thought in their head.

Or is it your belief that this was premeditated and that while sitting on the bench he decided to find a dman in a vulnerable position and put him out of the game?

Will share some laughs over these beliefs with my hockey buddies. Thanks.

You can't make this stuff up.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Just saw this gem.

You believe that in a hockey game where decisions are made in parts of seconds, that a player saw another player in a vulnerable position, and then went through a thought process where he reasoned that the opposition was short-handed on defense, so he should try and injure another one. All that in a fraction of a second?

If someone ever played hockey it's difficult to believe that this could be more than a fleeting thought in their head.

Or is it your belief that this was premeditated and that while sitting on the bench he decided to find a dman in a vulnerable position and put him out of the game?

Will share some laughs over these beliefs with my hockey buddies. Thanks.

You can't make this stuff up.

Premeditated in the sense that Paccidouchebag saw that he had someone who had hit him previously in a vulnerable position and cheap-shotted him, yes. I doubt he went through the whole rangers are already short on defensemen maybe I can injure one thought process. Still scummy though, and hypocritical of the fanbase to defend him considering they have asked for legal action on a perfectly legal hit in the past.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I don't see all the rec hockey GM's around here today preaching that we are tough enough . They must be all at bible class .

Pathetic loss...does Sather have something on Dolan ? Both him and Torts have to go...time is up . We have to start re-framing this team and the upcoming trade deadline is an important one not to miss for a new GM .

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Link didn't work.
I hope McD is back soon, he was a favourite prospect of mine when he was a Hab.
What are you guys thinking Patches gets?
2 games?
5?

also sorry for the u in favourite.

Sorry for what? It is the correct spelling in every country except the US. :p:

I think 2 games: 1 for the hit, 1 for being a repeat offender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad