Post-Game Talk: Rangers/Canadiens 2/23/2013

Kershaw

So you're saying you wouldn't have done the Nash trade? If the Rangers could go back in time, they'd do that trade again. You wouldn't have done that trade, but throwing in McDonagh is the Gomez trade wasn't bad?

I doubt we'd be saying the same thing in a few years.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I come in peace.
you think it's bad now? think if you had not had the GIFT of RMaC from the Habs, that the Rangers still Gomez and the total hurt he put on the Habs in the last years.
If the Habs can go from last to first in one year you can do it too.
no more crazy coach, no more prima donna players. Don't sell players like Prust short, every team needs them. never sell off your draft picks.
get a real top end guy scout that can pick sure fire talent.
Protect your young players from the evil of MONEY AND "GIRLS" AND VICE. They need a father figure to bunk with and the keep them on the right path. Hire a PRO head shrinker to help those that are down on themselves.
All you need to do is stop 1 goal per game or score 1 extra goal per game. It's that close from 15th to 1st.
The Habs have NO superstars. They WERE BAD last year.
Don't like what I say? then YOU explain this years Habs.........

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
I come in peace.
you think it's bad now? think if you had not had the GIFT of RMaC from the Habs, that the Rangers still Gomez and the total hurt he put on the Habs in the last years.
no more crazy coach, no more prima donna players. Don't sell players like Prust short, every team needs them. never sell off your draft picks.
Protect your young players from the evil of MONEY AND "GIRLS" AND VICE. They need a father figure to bunk with and the keep them on the right path. Hire a PRO head shrinker to help those that are down on themselves.
All you need to do is stop 1 goal per game or score 1 extra goal per game. It's that close from 15th to 1st.
Geee thanks for the pep talk...

Wtf

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Premeditated in the sense that Paccidouchebag saw that he had someone who had hit him previously in a vulnerable position and cheap-shotted him, yes. I doubt he went through the whole rangers are already short on defensemen maybe I can injure one thought process. Still scummy though, and hypocritical of the fanbase to defend him considering they have asked for legal action on a perfectly legal hit in the past.

Your reasoning is quite possible. And while I thought it was a borderline dirty hit, I would probably lean towards dirty. Throw in the result and it's an issue for the league to review.

By the way, if McDonagh cheap shotted him first then it is hard to get too crazed about it. After all, many here are always screaming for retaliation for cheap shots. I didn't know McDonagh cheap shotted Pac first.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
We have an easy week coming in. Winnipeg, Tampa and Buffalo are going to be wins with a good amount of GF. If we bag in 5 out of 6*, the team is going to feel safer.

*I believe we will do this at worst.

Have you seen our lineup? Must I post the defensive pairings? Sans Nash, McDonagh, Girardi, and MDZ, we're the worst team in the league. Hands down.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I come in peace.

Easy... It's a shortened season and you guys got off to a good start. Anaheim, same story. And you only had 2 games on the road so far. 2/3 of your season has been played at home at this moment. We'll talk once you've played more games on the road. The Hawks have a great season, the Penguins with their lottery picks have a great season so far, even Tampa, who missed the play offs last year.

Also, last year when we had 1/3 of the season behind us, Minnesota was leading the Western Conference (missed the play offs), NJ were 12th (got to the Stanley Cup finals).

Heyoooo*

After looking at it more closely, he didnt leave his feet until he made contact.

Still not happy about the smirk. The hit was retaliation plain and simple.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
After looking at it more closely, he didnt leave his feet until he made contact.

Still not happy about the smirk. The hit was retaliation plain and simple.
Honesty after the chara hit he probably figures the league isn't going to protect him so he might as well do it himself. Can't say I blame him. What bugs me the most its that he is a repeat offender and he he's possibly injured a player long term in what anyone can see was a retaliatory hit.
Hagelin accidentally get alfredsson up high and as a first time offender gets three payoff games.

it just doesn't make sense and as a fan its frustrating.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
This franchise is cursed. Don't want to believe in it? Fine, those are your beliefs. At first I didn't like giving up this year's 1st in the draft in the Nash trade, now I absolutely hate that it's gone. Even if this team makes the playoffs, it's looking like a 14-20 overall pick where we could've gotten a very solid prospect.

All that said, we're going to see what this team is made of in the next week. All three games this week are against teams that we should beat, even with all of the injuries. Get at least four points in three games and we're still in decent shape.

I wasn't able to watch last night's game (mercifully), but from what I hear, this team needs to find a backbone and fast. How does a blatant hit from behind go unanswered? One on a budding superstar defenseman at that? I'm not sure to be angry at Pacioretty for being such a dumbass, or more embarrassed to be a fan of a team that let's him walk away without a scratch after the fact. Disgusting.

No team in sports is cursed.

On a related note, something like 30% of Americans believe that prayer plays a role in determining the winner of a sporting event.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No supplemental discipline for pacioretty.
Wish I could say I was surprised by that.

As a habs fan I thought he was gone for at least a couple games. It wasn't the worst hit I've ever seen, but it was dirty, and he is a repeat offender. I have no idea why he wasn't suspended. I guess every so often, even the Habs will get away with something.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
It was a retaliatory board that resulted in injury.

Jumping would have made it worse, but it was still a dirty hit which should've been suspendable.

Regardless the non-response is 10x worse than the non-suspension.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Honesty after the chara hit he probably figures the league isn't going to protect him so he might as well do it himself. Can't say I blame him. What bugs me the most its that he is a repeat offender and he he's possibly injured a player long term in what anyone can see was a retaliatory hit.
Hagelin accidentally get alfredsson up high and as a first time offender gets three payoff games.

it just doesn't make sense and as a fan its frustrating.

Apparently Shanny doesn't look at the circumstances leading up to a hit anymore or if the person in question is a repeat offender or known for dirty predatory hits. There are definitely some favorite sons and red-headed stepchildren in this league. :(

Personally, I would've given Patches 2 games for that hit. A definite hit from behind with an extra elbow thrown in. Very dangerous.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Apparently Shanny doesn't look at the circumstances leading up to a hit anymore or if the person in question is a repeat offender or known for dirty predatory hits. There are definitely some favorite sons and red-headed stepchildren in this league. :(

Personally, I would've given Patches 2 games for that hit. A definite hit from behind with an extra elbow thrown in. Very dangerous.

You do know that the genes for red hair comes from crossbreading with Neanderthals - says so here

Implications of this conspiracy are now reaching mindblowing proportions

tumblr_m0393365Xo1qidv6fo1_400.gif

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
I Wouldn't say it its a conspiracy but the league is wildly inconsistent with their rulings. It is impossible to tell what kind of illegal hit will receive punishment from the league. People hoped out would get better under shanny and unfortunately it hasn't. All I want its some consistency.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
I LOVE how every fanbase in the entire league thinks, the league has an agenda against their franchise. It's hilarious.
Guess what, the people in the commission are - wait for it - PEOPLE! They're gonna make mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad