Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's true, if some of our prime chances went in, this could have been close. The defense was more of a concern to me than getting shut out tonight.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
You can feel by about midway through the 2nd that we were never scoring. Rask made good saves but how much pressure was he under, really? We sustained nothing. Did the puck stay in the Bruins' zone for more than 20 seconds?

I thought Talbot was pretty good, was let down by terrible defense. The last two were a joke with the positions they got in the middle area. Looked like we were fielding 2 skaters.

There's really not much to say outside of that. We had a few chances, didn't take them, and pretty much drifted through the rest of it.

I'm getting fed up with this crap from Kreider. When he was tracking behind Soderberg I could actually feel that the hit was coming. That could very well have been game and a suspension if they wanted. Of course, AV feared retaliation after that so we had to look at Glass's mug for just about every shift in the 3rd.

All Star Break can't come fast enough, we need to regroup big time.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well it paints a pretty clear picture of who the better team was this game.

The eye test shows that Boston was the better team.

No doubt, but it also wasn't necessarily as bad as it might look. Rangers bury one or two of those breakaways, it's a much different game. They call the slewfoot, possibly a much different game.

Boston just won their 5th in a row; points in 9. They're hot. It's not like losing to the Oilers or the Sabres.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
He lost his balance, mistook Brassard for the boards or something. :laugh:

just like he was "protecting himself" from salo who is such a dirty player taking a run at him :nod:

haha marchand is just a dirty rat of a player and i cant stomach him.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I thought subbing John Moore for Hunwick was a dumb decision. Wasn't really a reason to take Moore out.

valence

Nov 16, 2008
Mcdonaugh hasn't thrown a check all season...shoulder seems like a long term injury...no urgency to play physical and no offense whatsover...

arunnair87

Aug 12, 2009
I can't believe how much this team hinges on Stepan being healthy. When he's not around none of our guys are aligned properly.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We just need to upgrade our scoring depth... The top six went dry the past two games and our defense and bottom 6 can't be relied on to contribute

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I'm sure fatigue plays into it. Last period against Sharks we were slow and just trying to ride out the game. Then we ship back and two big games against Isles (1st period was a war) and Boston.

I know scoring seems like a distant memory ATM.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This Ranger team the last two games reminds me of the Ranger team we saw in game 4 in the Pittsburgh series. The WORST game of any team in the playoffs. They just finished the Flyers series two back to back games and had back to back in the series with the Pens. They were exhausted. This is what they looked like.

Breaded Fox

Nov 8, 2010
NJ
Mcdonaugh hasn't thrown a check all season...shoulder seems like a long term injury...no urgency to play physical and no offense whatsover...

This...Last year he could change the tempo of the game on defense or offense in a second and you could usually see it coming, this year...meh ....something isnt right.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Booo.

McDonagh has looked BAD lately. He's not moving his feet as much as he usually does and he's reaching for pucks too much. That's the telltale sign that he's off his game. Reaching for pucks with his feet not moving.

Zucc also seemed to have a rough game, fumbling tons of passes.

Help us Derek Stepan, you're our only hope.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
That was a Bruins game, not a Rangers game.
The handful of good and great chances they had were squandered.

Back to the drawing board. Try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad