Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uglybstrd

Apr 10, 2012
Last 8 periods: 1 goal. EN by Nash.

It happens to all teams during a season, sometimes you just cannot buy a goal. I'm not concerned, yet...

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Looks like they got fat on the weak West, and now can't handle the better East.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Under normal circumstances, we'd do a midseason report card thread after 41 games. Might be good to give it another couple of days this year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Last 8 periods: 1 goal. EN by Nash.

It happens to all teams during a season, sometimes you just cannot buy a goal. I'm not concerned, yet...

Plus Zuccarello's goal that got waived off would have been in row 6 if it was any further into the back of the net, so it's really more like 6 periods. Offense will be fine.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
1. The Rangers probably outchanced Boston. Rask was ridiculous.

2. The Rangers didn't give up a lot, but what they did give up ended up in the back of the net, plus Boston got away with an awful lot of subtle Dead Puck Era bull**** that makes hockey unwatchable.

3. I don't know what AV is smoking, but what the hell is Dominic Moore and Tanner Glass doing out there every other shift?

4. It looks worse than it actually was.

Scoring chances were 15-10 Boston at ES.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Brassard. Zuccarello. SUCKKKK.

GOD AWFUL those two. GOD AWFUL. Big part of the losses the last two games.

McDonagh and Girardi were terrible too. Twice in the second McDonagh made poor decisions to pinch even if it didnt result in a goal.

Nash was meh compared to how he had played all season.

Marty just coasting.

JT Miller's worst two games of the season. Brutal. Brutal. Brutal. Toughen up. Fight through. Mistake after mistake

And wtf is AV thinking???? Why the **** is Girardi on the powerplay still?? It blows my ****ing mind

Talbot was our best player. The leaders on this team need to step up and get this team's attention because the effort the last two games was just bad.

NYRangerFan*

Lingering injury seems more likely, or fear from that injury. Don't think it's the C. The way he plays in the playoffs indicates that he can handle pressure.

Whatever it is, i hope it is fixed soon.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
All I know is this.

1. Better win tomorrow.

2. Stepan hopefully healthy soon.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I hope that this game and the Islander game aren't indicators that other teams have "figured us out." We look like we've been totally neutralized the last 2 games and I can only hope it's not because of that

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
1. The Rangers probably outchanced Boston. Rask was ridiculous.

2. The Rangers didn't give up a lot, but what they did give up ended up in the back of the net, plus Boston got away with an awful lot of subtle Dead Puck Era bull**** that makes hockey unwatchable.

3. I don't know what AV is smoking, but what the hell is Dominic Moore and Tanner Glass doing out there every other shift?

4. It looks worse than it actually was.

Rangers got outchanced 16-8. Rangers got out corsi'd 45-34, they were outplayed bad.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm not as mad about the two losses as I am about the two straigh shutouts. It's unacceptable. You can make the excuse of jetlag for the Fish, there's no excuse to not score a single goal today.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brassard. Zuccarello. SUCKKKK.

GOD AWFUL those two. GOD AWFUL. Big part of the losses the last two games.

McDonagh and Girardi were terrible too. Twice in the second McDonagh made poor decisions to pinch even if it didnt result in a goal.

Nash was meh compared to how he had played all season.

Marty just coasting.

JT Miller's worst two games of the season. Brutal. Brutal. Brutal. Toughen up. Fight through. Mistake after mistake

And wtf is AV thinking???? Why the **** is Girardi on the powerplay still?? It blows my ****ing mind

Talbot was our best player. The leaders on this team need to step up and get this team's attention because the effort the last two games was just bad.

All of this is accurate.

Even when we were winning I hated the line combos, they need to be changed IMO.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And tomorrow we're playing the team that owns us harder than any team in the league in a building I literally can't remember the last game we won in. Wonderful.

BarbaraAlphanse

Coincidence that Miller's two worst games come as a C, and off of the W? He looekd great in the 1st against the Isles.

He needs to stay there.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Someone else said it was 15-10 Boston at ES. Rangers had some decent looks on the PP.

I don't give a rat's *** about Corsi or any other stat like that in a ONE GAME sample.

Well it paints a pretty clear picture of who the better team was this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad