Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins - November 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm sorry. I must have missed the part where I said it was Dylan's fault that people on these boards have a completely inaccurate belief about whether or not a player can prevent dirty hits just being on the bench or ice.

I think this is a fundamentally correct statement, but I don't think the line of thinking is correct.

I liked the response from Dylan, and if a hit like that were to happen, like it did, I'm glad he was on the ice to retaliate.

Maybe guys like that don't prevent hits like Bellesky's from happening as many on here purport... and in that regard I agree with your statements... but I disagree that there isn't relevance to what Dylan offers on the ice for his team mates.

And considering how much he has improved, and the other aspects of his game that are strengthening, the fact that this is even a conversation seems in poor taste.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This bush league needs to sort out a lot of things. They want to get rid of fighting because of the danger, but late hits and sending a player head-first into the boards is okay. Double standards

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Julien and Marchand publicly saying Hank was acting and insulting him about that play is ridiculous. Have some class. Even if Hank snapped his head back, it wasn't like there was minimal contact. Marchand was crashing through the crease and hit him square in the side of his head with his knee with his full motion behind it. Am I taking crazy pills? The whole crowd is booing l, Marchand and Julien arguing and then insult him after the game saying he was faking. It seemed like a pretty cut and dry goalie interference, actually it was on the worse end really compared to most that get called.

Class lol it's the ****ing Bruins. Montreal-Boston rivalry, they're such similar teams at the end of the day.

Bigger issue is the RANGERS though and this defense which is more or less on par with the Oilers most nights.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We had the game and then Fast took a dumb ass penalty. Staal did not play well but even so....we probably would have won if not for the penalty or at least taken the game to OT to get at least one point.

Henrik's game has dropped the last two-three games. Most players--even the elite have ups and downs over the course of a season and Henrik has been a bit down and it might be time to get him some rest and let Antti do the next couple games.

Had no problem with McIlrath going after Beleskey. It was a dangerous hit and you have to make opponents pay for dangerous hits. That cost us a goal as well. IMO Beleskey should have been penalized for the hit on Stepan.

For the most part I think the Rangers as a team played better in this game than they have in the last few games. Need to tighten up a bit defensively.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Julien and Marchand publicly saying Hank was acting and insulting him about that play is ridiculous. Have some class. Even if Hank snapped his head back, it wasn't like there was minimal contact. Marchand was crashing through the crease and hit him square in the side of his head with his knee with his full motion behind it. Am I taking crazy pills? The whole crowd is booing l, Marchand and Julien arguing and then insult him after the game saying he was faking. It seemed like a pretty cut and dry goalie interference, actually it was on the worse end really compared to most that get called.

Miller was out for the season - with a concussion for a significant time - for a comparable hit. Stay classy Boston. I really enjoy they have a manure quality of a team now, they deserve every bit of it. At least you can have some respect for other teams, I think I have more respect for any other team than Boston. They're not even in our division, that's how ugly they play, every year.

I guess it would only have been fine if Lundqvist actually had a cracked skull from Marchand. Then it would've been fine with a 2 minute goaltender interference, maybe, if you asked Boston. Perhaps it should be considered a win if half the team is left standing when you face these goons.

On another note, this is how good the NYR defense is. If Lundqvist isn't the best in the game and doesn't commit zero mistakes, the team will lose. Such a great cup strategy. A decade later, nothing has changed, really. Awesome. Now I know why Hasek never won anything in Buffalo.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Except, they don't necessarily apply it evenly! It's not always called.

Because it's not always instigated. Sometimes both players decide to go for it. They drop the gloves at the same time after staring at each other. This was McIlrath instigating the fight and Beleskey responding.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Because it's not always instigated. Sometimes both players decide to go for it. They drop the gloves at the same time after staring at each other. This was McIlrath instigating the fight and Beleskey responding.

Well, what moment in time dictates whether it constitutes a instigator? One stares longer than the other? Seems rather subjective, no? Which is also par for the course with respect to the league and the way it is run. The more ambiguity the better, this way the league can always claim "discretion of the officials".

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I've seen nothing different in the past few games fro. This team...they just aren't lucking their way to wins like we have earlier...this team has played some very mediocre hockey this year....I made a post about it earlier and was railed...oh well

BarbaraAlphanse

I've seen nothing different in the past few games fro. This team...they just aren't lucking their way to wins like we have earlier...this team has played some very mediocre hockey this year....I made a post about it earlier and was railed...oh well

Chicago and LA both played mediocre regular seasons the last two years, as well. Not a big deal.

CDiablo

Jul 18, 2012

My buddy is a Kings fan and caught a NYR/LA game a year or 2 ago at The Garden. There was a good no goal call on NYR and they did not play the proper angle over the jumbotron to show the fans that the call was good(my LAK buddy said they angles they showed skewed to possible goal). The fans booed loudly and looked like idiots on TV but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a common practice in pro sports.

BarbaraAlphanse

I don't know. I'm worried about what is going to change about this defense corps between now and the Spring, and how far they can go with it. I worry about everything though.

I'm worried about Staal. If he's on the team come April... merp, I'll be quite pessimistic any time he's on the ice.

But in terms of regular season performance.

Hawks were quite meh. Finished 3rd in their division. Up and down all season. I remember thinking to myself that they weren't contenders anymore at several points last season.

I was unimpressed with the Kings during the regular season 2 years ago. I considered their first cup a mirage to do with purely landing every bounce.

We don't need to understand it. Some teams are just built to win when it matters.

I will say that this team needs a little bit of rejuvenation, though. Gaborik provided that for the kings 2 years ago. I'd like to say Vermette did that last year but he did not. Somehow the Hawks found themselves right as the playoffs started.

I'm not too, worried. Obvious rooms for improvement, though.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Well, you were right.
Chicago and LA both played mediocre regular seasons the last two years, as well. Not a big deal.
The difference is LA and Chicago actually have quality players all around who struggle, they have hope. NYR have a lineup where more than half of the defensemen are as qualified playing AV hockey as pigs are being pilots for airliners.

"Me clear puck" Girardi, "Here you are" Staal, "I won't look up" Klein and "I should've already retired like most UFAs NYR sign" Boyle isn't good enough for any serious success come post season. It's a serious, fatal mess. That Lundqvist has played the hockey of his life and covered up for the circus in our own zone isn't exactly hopeful come april. Having some (around two at most!) defensive defensemen who can't handle the puck in a possession system is alright. Having a majority of them combined with a pensioner is a long term disaster. We have two D-men who can handle the system: McD and Yandle. Seriously... instead we regress with the infinite wisdom of this whiskey management.

I thought this team switched strategy with AV. Only the forwards got the memo. That's not good enough at all.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

1. Lindberg blocks shot--puck ends up right on Bergeron's stick blade who one times lt while Marchand takes Henrik's stick away.
2. Connolly pwp goal. Usually Henrik stops that.
3. Spooner pwp goal. Bad penalty by Fast. Boston crashing the net. Spooner picks up the garbage. Typical Bruins goal.
4. Rangers running around a boost but Boston getting a goal from previous goal. Even so knuckle ball deflection off of Etem's stick. It's a freak goal.

1. and 4. were a lot about luck. Anyway the only defenseman that really struggled in this one was Staal. The rest were okay/good to really good.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this team has been lucky so far. getting by on stellar goaltending and timely yet spotty scoring. even with this hiccup, the defense has been pretty solid. the numbers don't lie.

i do not agree that this defense is any different than before. the sky isn't falling. bad stretch, nothing more. anti raanta has 4 wins and stupid good numbers, some of that is the defense in front of him. they will be fine.

having said that, we have been losing assignments, scrambling around and leaving the front too much recently, and thats led to that horrific 3rd period against the habs and this loss as well. need to tighten back up. this defense can still be very effective. staals game is the most worrisome.

the mcilrath thing was just dumb all around. first, step got rocked late. pierre is an ass clown. stepan didn't admire his pass, he was hit late. period. like usual, the refs blew that.

then dylan takes the instigator and thats an automatic call. nice to step in there, but really he justed remove himself from the game for 17 mins. i woulda let belesky know he's gonna get rocked but to just engage him like that gets that call every time.

there are ways to get back at him. gotta be smarter.

tough road loss, time to move on and tighten up the dzone coverage and we will be fine.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Guys it's A long season and totally understand the concerns but it's what happens in April and beyond that counts. If this team stays healthy I'm still a big believer but the one thing that is immensely disconcerting is Staal. He doesnt even remotely look like a competent dman and we need him to be at least 75 percent of what he used to be. Especially when you need that second strong d pairing on the road to match up against top level competition. I wish we could trade him but I just don't see him waiving his ntc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad