Not open for further replies.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
1wEn46M.gif

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Refs have openly admitted to "game management" calls before. Now it's "standings management."

No PPs in 2 straight games, Nash gets called for a stick-on-stick play. Even in Carolina, blatant trips and hooks by the Canes went unpenalized, while NYR got called for similar plays.

It's happening to Anaheim too though.

Today 4 PP for NYI, 0 for Ducks. Last game, 4 PP Boston, 2 Ducks. McQuaid crossed checked Beleskey in the neck + speared him, no penalty. Apparently Tim Peel's performance in Anaheim's game in Columbus was highly dubious too.

Once teams basically wrap up their divisions, the refs and NHL try to pull them back in.

#CompetitiveBalance

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Why is that your go to response? Have I, even once, stated that the league is after the Rangers? You see, so my initial reaction to the original post was correct! The officiating sucks!

Wolfy*

The poor quality of those officials is almost shocking. And that ridiculous decision in Toronto doesn't make it better. It's like the NHL wanted the Bruins to win this game.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Refs have openly admitted to "game management" calls before. Now it's "standings management."

No PPs in 2 straight games, Nash gets called for a stick-on-stick play. Even in Carolina, blatant trips and hooks by the Canes went unpenalized, while NYR got called for similar plays.

It's happening to Anaheim too though.

Today 4 PP for NYI, 0 for Ducks. Last game, 4 PP Boston, 2 Ducks. McQuaid crossed checked Beleskey in the neck + speared him, no penalty. Apparently Tim Peel's performance in Anaheim's game in Columbus was highly dubious too.

Once teams basically wrap up their divisions, the refs and NHL try to pull them back in.

#CompetitiveBalance

walk-like-a-duck1.jpeg

Just for a teehee, Google NHL referee Tim Peel.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
The NHL isn't going to do NYR any favors. Glass can "kill" someone on the ice and they wouldn't suspend him. The DOPS watches the games too.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Why is that your go to response? Have I, even once, stated that the league is after the Rangers? You see, so my initial reaction to the original post was correct! The officiating sucks!

I'm saying the Refs suck for a reason. Like it or not, these Refs are professionals. This isn't the summer league at the RINX. They train and study the officiating side of the game as well as the players and staff study the strategy and execution side.

I think it's ridiculous to think the NHL officiating staff "just sucks!"

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can't blame the ref, he made the right call immediately. Some ******* in Toronto is responsible for that.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
I'm saying the Refs suck for a reason. Like it or not, these Refs are professionals. This isn't the summer league at the RINX. They train and study the officiating side of the game as well as the players and staff study the strategy and execution side.

I think it's ridiculous to think the NHL officiating staff "just sucks!"
Wait a second, I'm confused. So, you believe there is an agenda?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@rangersreport: Per @EliasSports first time NYR haven't had power play in consecutive games since at least '87-88.”

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Why are people wailing at the refs and #conspiracies, when the refs called off the first goal? I dont get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad