Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins - March 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersOwnNewYork*

The officiating the last 2 games has been abysmal. That's all I have to say.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Not going to say we didn't play well but the officiating in this one was crap. That first goal by Lucic was bull ****. The Nash penalty was **** and they missed at least some infractions by the Bruins--and we've had one single power play in the last 11 period and that should tell you something.

If nothing else it says that even if you are the best team you're at the mercy of the league's decisions at its officiating.

That being said the Bruins played will enough to win this one--and we surely didn't play our best. These are games that piss you off. I'm not happy with our effort but we didn't the NHL to make it worse than it was.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Your point is? the Rangers can't compete against teams like the Bruins and Kings.

We can win the presidents trophy and get swept by the Bruins in the 1st round.

Of course they can. You're looking at it in a bubble though. BOTH those teams are desperate to win in order to make the playoffs. You're going to get the best from them, while we didn't play as well as we can.

The bigger picture (outside of the bubble) says we have been one of the most consistently winning teams in the entire league.

There is no reason to panic. Also, the best team in the world can lose in the 1st round. Nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Hank should be playing tomorrow. Looked like he shook most of the rust off after the 1st period.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
To be frank, if you are surprised that the whistles were swallowed in a game against a clinched 1-2 seed vs an un-clinched 7-9, you either have been watching another league or you really bought into Enterprise commercials.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Of course they can. You're looking at it in a bubble though. BOTH those teams are desperate to win in order to make the playoffs. You're going to get the best from them, while we didn't play as well as we can.

The bigger picture (outside of the bubble) says we have been one of the most consistently winning teams in the entire league.

There is no reason to panic. Also, the best team in the world can lose in the 1st round. Nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs.

7-1-2 in our last 10 against Boston. It isn't just because the Bruins are desperate..

The Rangers have sucked against them for years.

They also got eliminated in 5 games against the Bruins in the playoffs just like last year against the Kings.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Nothing matters with officiating like this game.

It plays right into Boston's hands when they put the whistles away. It's a joke but that's what you get with a bunch of morons in Toronto. It really makes the nhl second rate.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hank (in a way only he can), basically saying that the NHL are a bunch of idiots for calling that first goal.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I am absolutely pissed at how we let Boston push us around. The officials weren't going to give us anything and we were in a spot where we had to stand up for ourselves and give the Bruins something to think about. Instead we had a guy being paid to enforce who postured more times than Elle Macpherson on a runaway and left Sheppard to fight it out himself. 40 years on from when Schultz pounded on Rolfe and the exact same **** continues. The Rangers are SOFT.

Hunwick, I hope I never see him play for us again. Outside of the goal that performance was close to Kostka's against the Islanders. Yandle was also atrocious and McDonagh looked like he was on skates for the first time when Lucic moved in for the 'goal' that put us in a hole right away.

Let's not even bother talking about the forwards today. No intensity until we were 4-0 down and even then in spurts. Boston had shut up shop by the time Nash scored.

*******, *******, and ******* up, down, and around. Hank was actually not bad today and deserved much better than he got. Our play was so bad I can't even say anything about the officiating.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I have absolutely no problem with what Glass did there.

This game is pretty convincing evidence that there is something going on. It is NOT incompetence.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Holy **** dude...a day after the domination against Ottawa? Chill out...

why can't people just focus on this ****ing game.

this game is this game. who the **** gives a **** about last game?

bad 8 game stretch, oh well, we had an amazing stretch earlier this season!

bad 1st game of the PO, oh well! We were dominating during the RS.

Down 3-0 in a series, oh well! We won the last series, remember?

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
7-1-2 in our last 10 against Boston. It isn't just because the Bruins are desperate..

This is the only season that counts. Not last year, or the year before that when we lost in the 2nd round to them.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

They also got eliminated in 5 games against the Bruins in the playoffs
just like last year against the Kings.
That's not really fair, we had a different coach and a different roster.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Also, the best team in the world can lose in the 1st round. Nothing is guaranteed in the playoffs.

Which is, of course the pre-packaged excuse should they lose. Rather than maybe re-evaluating how good the team actually is/was.

I don't think a first round loss is likely, but all things considered a second round loss would not surprise me much.

We'll see.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Hunwick gifted 2 goals against. Yandle 1. Toronto Officiating room the other.

Only legit gripe would be the Lucic stick goal against Hank.

Looked rusty, but the team in front of him didn't look sober.

Yandle-Hunwick should not be a pair. Both were afraid of contact and pressure and just gifted one turnover after another. I was like watching a couple of Toronto defensemen.

Toughest part about this game was that the team mailed it in after that ludicrous goal for call. If that's not a kicking motion, I don't know what is.

All in all, it was a **** effort.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
This team needs to stop trying to make cute passes during the 1st period. Play a solid honest 1st period even if it means not advancing the puck up the ice the way we normally would want to. We need to just play a defensively sound game for the first 5 minutes then get to our skating game. We turn the puck over, run around, and get caught standing and out of position. Dear lord. What happened to handling a lack of momentum with steadiness rather than trying to do what hasn't worked even harder?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Which is, of course the pre-packaged excuse should they lose. Rather than maybe re-evaluating how good the team actually is/was.

I don't think a first round loss is likely, but all things considered a second round loss would not surprise me much.

We'll see.
I hope to high heaven it isn't against the Islanders. I've seen too many playoff defeats at their hands enough to last a lifetime...(No pun intended to Sam there. )

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I can accept losing when we get outplayed and that's fine. We got outplayed in this one and we'd have probably lost anyway.

It's hard to ****ing accept when pucks are obviously kicked in and ****ing Toronto again reverses the call. We were getting run all game and not a ****ing single penalty--only one in the last 11 periods!--I mean what the ****! Is this for real?

And then Glass gets a major? **** you referees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad