Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Kreider is the type of player who excels with talent around him. put him with stepan or richards. hagelin was a major liability

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
You know, I think the offense was good, not great, but good. Am I overreacting or did Rask really impress anyone else?

It's easy to look impressive when you face 21 shots, he is a good goalie but didn't have to do much tonight. We need more shots and that is something Torts needs to fix.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Positives:
+ Lundqvist looks like he is in mid-season form. Fantastic game from him tonight. We will need that moving forward.

+ Nash was dynamic tonight. That said, he was inconsistent tonight. He showed flashes of brilliance, and mediocrity at the same time.

Negatives:

- Top six, overall, was a no show tonight. I thought Richard's vision was questionable.

- Gaborik looked lost. That said, he just had major shoulder surgery, and it's what I expected. Coming back from an injury like that will take time for Gaborik to find his game.

- PP looked completely inept. Go back to the drawing board folks. A PP with Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Callahan and Del Zotto should be running the show. It's the most talent we have had on a PP in years. The game could have been won if we scored on that 5-on-3. It's an issue that has been haunting us for years. Get this fixed EARLY in the season.

- Team looked out of sync. Choppy passes, blind passes, passes not connecting. It just wasn't there.

EDIT: Are we not doing Stars of the Game polls anymore?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
PIMs is the dumbest rewarded stat in the history of fantasy sports.

It doesn't make sense. But can you blame the people that came up with it. In a very neanderthal-like way people think fighting is the most important part of hockey. That's how you give credit to players for fights.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
I think we changed our game, and were feeling a little too good about ourselves.

Torts will get them back to playing defense first, and build from that.

Kind of what I was sensing. Sort of felt like that is how Boyle was feeling... Good to be confident, but they need to keep a level head.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The guys aren't feeling comfortable with each other. I'm nto sure why but there's just a lack of buzz and energy to this team right now and that has to change by tomorrow or it'll be the same story

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This may sound like an exaggeration but I haven't been this humiliated by the Rangers in years. Maybe ever. We had such high expectations and I saw a team get embarrassed on the ice. One player showed up. The offense and defense was putrid. We couldn't get a forecheck, we couldn't skate the puck in with speed. Everything the Bruins did with ease. Honestly this was their worst game since the 4-0 masterpiece they had against Montreal last year. But that game was overdue they won 7 in a row before and Montreal owns us in Montreal. We own the Bruins. We had all this hype and came in as cup favorites. We looked like a bottom feeder. This was a humbling defeat to me. Hopefully for the team too. The team read their press clippings too much and decides working hard was optional.

You do realize that the Bruins are as much of Cup favorites as we are right? Nothing humiliating about this game. There are teams that are bound to start this way. Detroit is getting blown out. The most improved team in the East (Carolina) got blown out. The defending Cup champs got blown out. It's just one game.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
The guys aren't feeling comfortable with each other. I'm nto sure why but there's just a lack of buzz and energy to this team right now and that has to change by tomorrow or it'll be the same story

I guess we mind as well start it now: FIRE TORTS!

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Big problem tonight was the boards. The Rangers kept trying to force EVERYTHING in their own zone into the boards, and the Bruins were just waiting there for those turnovers. If they took the time and carried or had outlet areas they knew they could pass to they would have been under a LOT less pressure.

All in all it was pretty much how i expected the game to go. We played against an established team and they looked like they were in midseason form. We're integrating a new top line player, a rookie in Kreider, Halpern, pyatt and seagal....is anyone really all that surprised that a Bruins team that's basically played together for like 3 straight years creamed us?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Regarding the Lundqvist save: that puck was in the net. Just because the legal view says it isn't doesn't make it any less true from a certain perspective. He'll get credit for a save, but it shouldn't contend for highlights of the year.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
This may sound like an exaggeration but I haven't been this humiliated by the Rangers in years. Maybe ever. We had such high expectations and I saw a team get embarrassed on the ice. One player showed up. The offense and defense was putrid. We couldn't get a forecheck, we couldn't skate the puck in with speed. Everything the Bruins did with ease. Honestly this was their worst game since the 4-0 masterpiece they had against Montreal last year. But that game was overdue they won 7 in a row before and Montreal owns us in Montreal. We own the Bruins. We had all this hype and came in as cup favorites. We looked like a bottom feeder. This was a humbling defeat to me. Hopefully for the team too. The team read their press clippings too much and decides working hard was optional.
It doesn't sound like an exaggeration.. It IS an exaggeration. The Bruins have a lot of guys who have been playing during the lockout. Our team is a little rusty but there were good things to take from this game... like Hank playing fantastic. I have little doubt they can right this ship after 1 game with 47 to go.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

I don't know if that's it but it seemed guys were jittery. Bad passes and indecision all night. Gabby didn't skate or shoot like he does, and neither did a bunch of guys.

Championship*

There's no reason for Hagelin to be on that top line. None.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The team will need to sit down with some cookies and get their team mentality composed. They were... lacking dimensions tonight. Dimensions come from identity and with changes to the line up, we definitely sat back a bit too much.

MorrisWanchuk

Sep 23, 2008

Yes. This does sound like an exaggeration.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I thought Nash looked pretty good.

Cally is saying right now that they have to "increase the battle level".
I doubt that anyone who watched this game could disagree with that.

Something tells me it will be different tomorrow at home.

Go Rangers!!!

The fact that a professional hockey team making millions of dollars needs to increase its battle level is pathetic. Reminds me of the listless teams of the dark years. This year is supposed to be above that.

leonardodm

Dec 29, 2011
Hagelin forgot to take his Ritalin. Kid obviously has ADHD.

Nash played well. McD and MDZ too. Didn't like Staal or Callahan.

Bickel won his battle but Rupp lost his. Segal had some moments.

Forecheck gets the Redden.

*Bob Richards*

Trying to figure out which is more persistent? The weakness on offense and the PP or the complete loss of faith in the season after a single game.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Henke and McD were the best two Rangers on the ice tonight. Just about everyone else had good and bad moments, aside from Hagelin and Bickel. Nash probably learned an important lesson tonight...do not pass to Bickel. Did Boyle win any faceoffs tonight? The ineptitude of the 5-on-3 is what finished the Rangers. Despite being outplayed, they were handed the opportunity to tie the game. Instead, opportunity wasted, and Boston regains momentum. I missed hockey, but, I didn't miss what I saw tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad