Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
I liked what I saw from Nash. It's refreshing to see somebody be creative with the puck.

Disappointing how invisible a lot of players were. Kreider, Hagelin (when he wasn't sent to the box), Cally...where the hell were they?

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Too lazy to retype, here's my status

Good: Lundqvist in mid season form, Rick Nash, Callahan, Pyatt, PK.
Bad: Zebras in the 1st period, flowerplay, Hagelin, Segal, Gaborik, team's slowness, lack of offensive chemistry, the loss.

Low point of the night: 5 on 3 power play with Richards, Callahan, Stepan, Nash, Gaborik. That's 150 goals worth of offensive talent in a 82 game season and you can't score on a 5 forwards 5 on 3 with Chara in the box? Could have tied it, grabbed the momentum. Failed, game over.
Like · · 3 minutes ago near Burnaby ·

worst: faceoffs. Were we even 25% tonight?
2 minutes ago · Like
more bad: Bickel.

Last edited:

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The good- Hank, McD and MDZ.

The Bad- The top 6.

The Redden- Hags.

Want to see more from Nash. Besides the spin move i'm not nearly as impressed with him as you guys are. Though I keep saying that and it's an unpopular opinion so i'll let it slide :laugh:.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
This is kind of like in the NFL when on the first week or two a team comes out looking bad and everyone thinks they're going to suck and then they end up being one of the better teams.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I thought Pyatt and Nash looked really good. Hagelin not so much. I'd try Kreider with Richards and Nash and move Hagelin to the third line

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Have to think the awful call on Boyle in the 1st set the stage for the 1st Boston goal.

If the game is 0-0 after 1, there might be a different result.

Bruins played a near perfect, albeit ref-aided, defensive game.

Rangers did not forecheck, nor seemingly wanted to.

Not that it matters, the last too many men penalty was completely bogus.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
Not going to read too much into it, because it's game 1. But they looked like exactly the same team they were for the second half of last season, with rustiness on top.

Worth noting, I guess, that Mitchell and Anisimov both have goals tonight ;)

And Kovalev, at 39, has 3 pts, more than the entire "elite" Rangers team. It's only a 48 game season so let's cut the ******** with "it's only 1 game".

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Wolski - 1g - 1 ass - 2 p
Kovalev - 1 goal - 2 assists - 3 points
Korpikoski - 1 goal
Mitchell 1 goal
Jagr - 2 goals
Tyutin - 2 assists
Anisimov - 1 goal
Prospal - 1 assist
Tarasenko - 2 goals

Ouch

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
And Kovalev, at 39, has 3 pts, more than the entire "elite" Rangers team. It's only a 48 game season so let's cut the ******** with "it's only 1 game".

There are teams who go 0-1 in the NFL and end up winning their conference. 0-1 in a 48 game season is meaningless. I guess you expected the Rangers to go 48-0? What difference is it if they lost today or a week from now?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This may sound like an exaggeration but I haven't been this humiliated by the Rangers in years. Maybe ever. We had such high expectations and I saw a team get embarrassed on the ice. One player showed up. The offense and defense was putrid. We couldn't get a forecheck, we couldn't skate the puck in with speed. Everything the Bruins did with ease. Honestly this was their worst game since the 4-0 masterpiece they had against Montreal last year. But that game was overdue they won 7 in a row before and Montreal owns us in Montreal. We own the Bruins. We had all this hype and came in as cup favorites. We looked like a bottom feeder. This was a humbling defeat to me. Hopefully for the team too. The team read their press clippings too much and decides working hard was optional.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Overreact much? There are 47 games left. We'll be fine. Not that there weren't concerning signs tonight, but there's still a lot of season left.

Does every game mean more than usual? Sure. But I'm not going to freak out because we lost one game out of one game. :laugh: @ being so upset over 2% of the season.

Dangleberry

Feb 21, 2012
Queens, NY
The thing with the 5 on 3 is they kept Callahan in front of the net as a screen but he just ended up getting hit with the puck half the time.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I thought Nash looked pretty good.

Cally is saying right now that they have to "increase the battle level".
I doubt that anyone who watched this game could disagree with that.

Something tells me it will be different tomorrow at home.

Go Rangers!!!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I think we changed our game, and were feeling a little too good about ourselves.

Torts will get them back to playing defense first, and build from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad