GDT: Rangers @ Blues - "You Should Be Too Drunk For This St. Paddy's Day Game" Edition - 3/17/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Maybe, also could be possible that Gorton is in his ear a bit about trying out the kid and not necessarily winning every game.

I remember an interview with Ron Wilson where he discussed that exact scenario happening while he was with the Leafs.

EDIT - found an article talking about it; looks like it was while he was coaching the '98-'99 Capitals.

Did Ron Wilson admit Capitals GM told him to tank season?

Your scenario would be feasible if AV was going to stay on as the HC for next season. With the situation we are in now where everything points at AV departuring at the end of the season I cant see AV not wanting to win as much as he can to pad his own resume.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That's gonna look weird. If the Blues are going to sample their whites at home, they should do it against a red team. I digress.

I like Georgiev but I wish Hank would come back. I've got fish to fry.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, not sure why they want to do the whites at home for this game.

Friggin' depriving us of one of the best away jerseys in the league for no reason.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
jevow6gl_1f2lsqd_tpe6x0.png

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't mind Georgiev playing at all. This 30 win thing doesn't mean a whole lot to me in context to this disaster of a season. We might as well see what this guy can do with a string of games and so far he's done really well. Keeping in mind as well---how important are winning these last games with Henrik to the future prospects of the team? Like trying to get Henrik his 30 wins is also like trying to get even worse draft positioning. IMO people bitching now about Henrik's 30 wins will be bitching later on why we didn't completely pull the plug and try to catch Arizona and Buffalo. Can't have it both ways. The Rangers obviously are competing for wins even so it's not like we're really tanking but we ain't going to the playoffs either. I like to see the team win--especially against a team like Pittsburgh who is a rival Metro team and didn't take us seriously enough but OTOH if we don't win I'm okay with that right now too because I don't want our 1st pick to be #15 either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Not sure if it's a "dig" but just may be the truth. While Hank has been outstanding in many games lately, he has had a few rough ones. In comparison Georgiev has been consistently good. 30 wins for Hank doesn't mean crap to the Rangers right now (coming from JG and above) getting games for GG is much more important moving forward.
Also......do we really WANT Hank and the Rangers to win those 5 or 6 more games? Not saying that GG will lose them or should play badly but........a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Also......maybe this steams in Hanks head over the summer and helps to changing his mind about lesser role? I dunno.

Yep. I couldn’t care less about some 30-win mark and I doubt the team does, either.

Reactions: Monument

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't mind Georgiev playing at all. This 30 win thing doesn't mean a whole lot to me in context to this disaster of a season. We might as well see what this guy can do with a string of games and so far he's done really well. Keeping in mind as well---how important are winning these last games with Henrik to the future prospects of the team? Like trying to get Henrik his 30 wins is also like trying to get even worse draft positioning. IMO people *****ing now about Henrik's 30 wins will be *****ing later on why we didn't completely pull the plug and try to catch Arizona and Buffalo. Can't have it both ways. The Rangers obviously are competing for wins even so it's not like we're really tanking but we ain't going to the playoffs either. I like to see the team win--especially against a team like Pittsburgh who is a rival Metro team and didn't take us seriously enough but OTOH if we don't win I'm okay with that right now too because I don't want our 1st pick to be #15 either.

This 30 wins nonsense is like when the Giants benched Eli and then caved to whining fans (and never getting to see Webb play).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad