Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Blues | 8 pm | MSG

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
They didnt fire Ruff last season and we all knew he should go.

U think they will this season????

You think if they fire Ruff, their D will automatically get better? Based on what other than feelings?

Same goes for Quinn.

Changing a coach might make them a bit better or worse or have zero impact, and no one here knows which it would be.

Very little separates coaching in the NHL and those differences are next to impossible for 99% of people to discern.

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
You think if they fire Ruff, their D will automatically get better? Based on what other than feelings?

Same goes for Quinn.

Changing a coach might make them a bit better or worse or have zero impact, and no one here knows which it would be.

Very little separates coaching in the NHL and those differences are next to impossible for 99% of people to discern.
Totally agree. There are no doubt some great coaches out there. And some coaches are better fits for some teams. But the idea that changing coaches will move the needle substantially in one direction- or the other- seems off to me.

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Same goes for Quinn.

Yes I completely agree.

I don’t think Ruff is particularly good at his job but in the end it’s the players on the ice reading and reacting. We just aren’t very good defensively as a team.

Personally I’d like to see more support w 5 guys in the picture and also to cut down on the blown assignments. Easier said than done

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Who are the great coaches out there?

Trotz seems to make a positive difference. Anyone else?

Any Assistant coaches you consider to be great?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Our lineup is short two top 6 wingers, we have a defenseman playing forward, an enforcer with no skill playing, a young offensive minded defense and are in year 1.5 of the rebuild. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised we would be outclassed by the stanley cup champions, I have no idea why people continue to blame the coaches when the team is full of holes or youth.
I get if people are seeing basic flaws that no coach should really have, we saw that with AV (and some people still couldn't admit it) but I'm not convinced that we are seeing that here.

I think we have an awful habit of ignoring how this team is currently overachieving. Instead we look at them frequently overachieving and act like that should be our baseline when it really shouldn't be our baseline for another year or two. It's very easy to say "We aren't developing! People are just making the same mistakes" while ignoring all the games where they either aren't doing that or they're mitigating the damage from those mistakes. Im only watching one or two games out of every ten so I fully admit maybe it's just bc I'm not watching but I've been HERE for countless years so I'm at least really familiar with how this place overreacts and poorly evaluates what is happening on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband and jas

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Kakko should be sent down after the deadline. He's not ready. DeAngelo showed tonight why I've said he will get dealt at the deadline. One, his value is high. Two, he sucks defensively and keeping the puck out of your net is your defensemans most important job. Three, size matters on D, look at the Blues. Four, we badly need to upgrade our crappy forwards. Buchnevich is garbage. Fast makes no sense here. This team doesn't need softer role players like him. They need more Lemieux's. Clowns like Smith and McKegg have no business on an NHL team.

Said it for over a month now. DeAngelo to Vegas for Tuch and a pick. Use Georgiev to dump Smith to the Flames and try to get a first, Bennett and Jankowski. Both guys are having awful years but should bounce back. Bennett is a tough player. Jankowski has great size. You need guys like that on your team. Trade Buchnevich and try to find another Lemieux type out there. That guy has to go.

Reading this made me think of the words "shadow ban". Huh...

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Doesn't matter when this same person just keeps making new accounts once the other ones get permanently banned.
I was thinking about how no one responds now and it occurred to me how they're shouting into the ether but no one can hear bc dozens of people all independently came to the same mute-tastic conclusion. Some say if you listen hard you can still hear "we never get a good coooaaaach" lamented on the wind.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I was thinking about how no one responds now and it occurred to me how they're shouting into the ether but no one can hear bc dozens of people all independently came to the same mute-tastic conclusion. Some say if you listen hard you can still hear "we never get a good coooaaaach" lamented on the wind.
He's still here, amazingly so, but changed his username to Kakko Schmakko. This clown is just tradenashnow.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The Blues play big, physical grown man Hockey. There is going to be difficulty with a bunch of young players matching up there. The only cure for it is them growing and getting stronger. There's not need to retool everything. You just need patience.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Despite the baggage- Babcock is absolutely a great coach.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Is the Trouba fine due to when in the game it happened rather than what happened?
There seems to have been much worse go unpunished throughout the season, but it makes more sense if it was because the game was over.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Is the Trouba fine due to when in the game it happened rather than what happened?
There seems to have been much worse go unpunished throughout the season, but it makes more sense if it was because the game was over.

Believe it was the intent, he was chopping him like he was taking down a tree, had nothing to do with stopping the play it was all about hurting him for being an ahole

Reactions: egelband and mike14

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
All the talk on Blues being big and handling us....well we have 3 games in 8? days with our cross town rivals who are HUGE and have some goons to boot . Blues will likely be considered tame after the Isle series is finished. Cross the fingers and hope nobody gets seriously hurt .

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yes I completely agree.

I don’t think Ruff is particularly good at his job but in the end it’s the players on the ice reading and reacting. We just aren’t very good defensively as a team.

Personally I’d like to see more support w 5 guys in the picture and also to cut down on the blown assignments. Easier said than done
Yep. I’d add that probably just with more time and gelling the team will improve defensively. There has been a ton of turnover the past two years. A big improvement next season seems feasible if not likely.

FOD

Jul 26, 2011

Berube? I know they have talent but he took a team last in the league after the New Year and won the cup with a rookie goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad